CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

5 minutes ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

The acting in the ST is probably one of it's biggest strengths.

The Shade just feels contrarian

John Boyega's fake American accent was horrible

Eh Rey and Kylo are pretty popular so wouldn't mind them being revisited (dunno about Ben Solo of course). Mandalorian for what it is it does a great job. Judging by how well received it was as well as Rogue One was by the fanbase pretty sure we can tell what type of stories the fanbase wants. Not sure I agree with them entirely.

11 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

It's not fake, verified scores have been higher since it was introduced , it's like cinemascore  now, only scores in 90s are notable 

we have to treat RT scale for Dom like we treat the Maoyan scale in China. 8.4-8.6 bad, 8.7-8.9 meh/fair 9.0-9.2 good, 9.3+ very good, break-out possible, 9.6+ great, break-out happening

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Daisy acted the shit out of her role. I'm just pointing out how stupid Eisner's shade+backtracking while still shading sounds.

Mandalorian is definitely overhyped. It's a cute show and nothing wrong with that but some talk about it as if it's second coming of Breaking Bad. It's languidly paced filler-heavy show (4 filler and 4 kind of important episodes) with one adorable breakout character (Yeed), a bunch of nice but unremarkable ones and some truly bad acting thrown into the mix (episodes, 4 and 5). Also, Favereau the savior of SW after the shitfest that was TLK...

Well, as we've seen from this fall season, some directors can REALLY direct certain genre films well...and REALLY suck at directing outside their wheelhouse...

Favreau was genius with supers and was good with funny, geek family (Elf/Zathura)...but obviously, geeking out doesn't work with emotional animated movie remakes...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

well, former CEO crapping on current Disney movie makes sense. revenge is sweet, karma's a bitch and all that. But when cast member from current movie craps on it for making him a beta orbiter of the highest order, that's just :hahaha:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Astonished 1

16 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Never seen a shitshow like this. (Coincidently the most unhappy) actor in the cast leaks the script due to negligence. Synopsis leaks in full detail 2 months before release (whether based on the script or not). BurgerKing Germany puts these real leaks into a TV commercial thus spoiling the movie to masses. Cast and crew throw shades at the previous movie first and then at the movie itself. (Coincidently the most unhappy) actor in the cast spends NYE shitposting about not getting to fuck a fictional female character and trolling shippers. A totally made up "JJCut" claim is made on reddit and goes viral within hours with thousands suckers believing it's true. 

This is just a sample out of too many other moronic things that happend to this production. 

And who would be to blame, according to you? the fans?

1 minute ago, mcclaine said:

And who would be to blame, according to you? the fans?

what fans have to do with any of this in particular with Spoiler Whopper? It's all on Disney/LFL/Bad Robot.

• Like 1

I now this trilogy was garbage , but this last chapter was worse.

RIP SW

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

Jon Favreau is getting so overhyped rn!  The next Lucas? Gtfo.  He could be, but nothing about the Mandalorian proved that.  It brings nothing new to the table, which is what Star Wars is going to have to do in 2022.  The Mandalorian is literally old school as it gets. 

Also people throwing shade at Daisy Ridley can screw off.  She was fantastic the entire ST, and did the best she could with the material she was given.  Her and Adam Driver should be getting nothing but praise for what they were able to deliver considering the source material in TROS. 

I have problems with how Rey was handled in the all the films, but always though the blame was more on the writers and the directors then on Ridley. SHe was just doing what they told her they wanted. And she did try to inject some character into scenes t ohumanize Rey, like the scene of her making dinner in "TFA". We badly needed more character moments like that.

But then people are very supercially when it come sto perforamnces. People act like Eisenberg was the only person to blame for the horrible Lex Luthor we got in BvS, with Snyder and the writers having nothing to do with it, IMHO Eisenberg could probably successfully use the Nuremberg defense....
"I was only following orders".

Edited by dudalb
  • Not Cool 1

2 hours ago, Brinatico said:

I now this trilogy was garbage , but this last chapter was worse.

RIP SW

no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Yeah, and it's getting old. I used to side with the fans but now I don't.

Memo to Lucasfilm: don't make SW for the fans anymore. They don't deserve it. The toxicity around the new movies is mainly on them. We've all seen bad or unfavourable movies before. It's nothing new, or some kind of phenomenon. Yet, the fans can't stop pissing and moaning as if it is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

fans don't hate everything. Rogue One and The Mandalorian were overwhelmingly well received by fans. Fans just won't accept any shit thrown at them. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Reylo Kiss Nearly Cut

Rey and Kylo Ren's big kiss at the end of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker nearly didn't make the cut, it turns out.

At the end of the latest Star Wars movie, the pair embraced after Kylo gave his life force to save Rey, leaving fans divided, to say the least.

However, the movie's editor has revealed that including the kiss was actually a last minute decision after a lot of back-and-forth.

"I always said, 'The movie will tell us whether they should kiss or not. We will know by the time we get to the end of our process, if it should happen,'" Maryann Brandon told HuffPost. "And I felt it should, and [director JJ Abrams] agreed with me, and other people who saw the film agreed.

"I know it's not for everybody," she added. "I know there will be people who wish they hadn't, but this is a film that was never going to please everyone, and I think that the reviews are kind of reflective of that.

"The things that certain people love, other people hated. And that's the phenomenon of Star Wars."

THAT.  IS. NOT.  HOW. IT. WORKS!!!!!!!!!!1

53 minutes ago, John Marston said:

fans don't hate everything. Rogue One and The Mandalorian were overwhelmingly well received by fans. Fans just won't accept any shit thrown at them. 

those have no expectations and no established characters to ruin, acceptance is easier. ST was made with agendas and baggage of previous films, KK wanted to get more females to care about SW but kind of failed. Personally i think R1 characters are pretty thin and The Mandalorian is good but overrated.

30 minutes ago, Cap said:

Reylo Kiss Nearly Cut

THAT.  IS. NOT.  HOW. IT. WORKS!!!!!!!!!!1

yes it is how it works in Star Wars now, the fan base is multi generation and all want different things from star wars.  Yes its a lame excuse, that creators are using about a just released  movie, but it is a sad truth.

31 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

yes it is how it works in Star Wars now, the fan base is multi generation and all want different things from star wars.  Yes its a lame excuse, that creators are using about a just released  movie, but it is a sad truth.

Pretty sure that it doesn't matter what generation your in, you want a satisfying character arc with motions that make sense and are backed by the written text, not some "we didn't know until we edited it" bullshit.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Cap said:

Pretty sure that it doesn't matter what generation your in, you want a satisfying character arc with motions that make sense and are backed by the written text, not some "we didn't know until we edited it" bullshit.

if they were sold ultimately on Reylo in editing process, awesome, its what TLJ built toward, maybe it made no sense, but the actors had chemistry