CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

You can always count on the Internet to make things such as this.

This is hilarious, thanks for sharing

No one's ever really gone... Ben (and Luke) will be back in Episode X.

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

developing KoR would be much more interesting than watching pathetic trio attempts to "bond" by yelling gibberish such as They Fly Now Woo and various names (Reyyy and Chewieeee more than other names lol ha ha no equality)

Stop. Just stop. We get it. You don’t like the ST

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

This thread is a perfect example of why people who dislike a certain film end up being so blind in their belief that they’re absolutely in the right for disliking it.

The majority of the people who enjoyed the film say all they have to say and then abandon the thread within a couple of weeks, so all that’s left is the negative people going around in circles with other people’s negative opinions, not realising that it’s just the same 3 or 4 people, and reinforcing their belief that the “majority” hated it.

Not saying that people are right or wrong for liking or disliking this film, everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, but it’s definitely true that people with negative opinions shout the loudest and for the longest.

The way people seem to have latched onto the “they fly now” scene as if it’s some abomination is particularly hilarious. You can guarantee that if that hadn’t been released before the film came out, it wouldn’t have caused anywhere near as much of a stir for certain people when viewed in the context of the film. It’s nowhere near as cringey as some people keep trying to make out...

• Like 7

Eh, I’m still in the thread because I like talking about Star Wars.  I like some aspects of the film, and strongly dislike others.  I still enjoy talking about the good and bad.  I think the film has a pretty good WOM from the GA

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Eh, I’m still in the thread because I like talking about Star Wars.  I like some aspects of the film, and strongly dislike others.  I still enjoy talking about the good and bad.  I think the film has a pretty good WOM from the GA

It dropped 81% in it's 3rd weekend. The most of any Star Wars film...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It dropped 81% in it's 3rd weekend. The most of any Star Wars film...

Ok?  I still think the overall WOM is fairly good.  Everyone I have personally spoken too thinks it’s pretty good.  These are not huge SW people, just casuals.  I personally thought the film was very underwhelming, but I’m not blind to the fact that is pleased a solid amount of people. 

Posted (edited)
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 11:38 AM, Knights of Ren said:

I bet he doesn’t even write a story.  He’s just stirring shit up because he’s disappointed in the film.  Tired of folks blaming individual people in this.  It looks like it was a collective fuck up.  JJ, KK, Terrio, and Bob Iger all deserve  blame.  

I would give KK most blame, since she failed to ride herd on the different writers/directors to be sure they were on pretty much the same page, and the did not conflict with each other. When you have different writers and directors doing films with a single story arc, you HAVE to make sure they don't conflict or you will have a mess on your hands. Which is what happened.

One of the greast strengths of Feige was he was able to do this with the MCU, and could be pretty ruthless if he felt a director's or writers ideas, even if good in and of themselves would not fit in with the rest of the MCU. His firing of the original writer/director of Ant Man early on is an example of this. He took a lot of heat for this, but I think it has been shown he was right.

Still puzzled as to why Kennedy, if she did like what Lord and Miller were doing with Solo, waiting until the film was 90% done before firing them. That makes no sense. 

To use an classic Military saying "It happened on her watch",

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3

Kathleen Kennedy should have been fired a while ago, likely is there as Disney is worried about getting a backlash from the twitter identitarian based personalities 

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 6:22 AM, Knights of Ren said:

How is that not how it works? Especially with the ST.  The fandom is split on most things.  Can’t please everyone.  Kylo and Rey’s relationship/dynamic/connection had always been the heart of the trilogy and actually gave it a storyline, so it’s not really surprising they went that direction.  

Which is actually a good thing about SW fans.  I like that they don't always sing on the same page, and can attack a film in the franchise if they think it's not good.

That is a thousand times better then some fandoms we have on this website, where you have to automically praise and defend anything in a franchise or you are not considered a "True Fan" 

If being a "True Fan" means saying something is good, when I really think it's a POS, then a "True Fan" is among the last thing on earth I want to be.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Which is actually a good thing about SW fans.  I like that they don't always sing on the same page, and can attack a film in the franchise if they think it's not good.

That is a thousand times better then some fandoms we have on this website, where you have to automically praise and defend anything in a franchise or you are not considered a "True Fan" 

If being a "True Fan" means saying something is good, when I really think it's a POS, then a "True Fan" is among the last thing on earth I want to be.

Agree with this.  MCU fans worship everything they are given (most of it isn’t even good).  Star Wars fans shit on 75% of what they are given.  It’s funny haha. 

Edited by Knights of Ren
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Agree with this.  MCU fans worship everything they are given (most of it isn’t even good).  Star Wars fans shit on 75% of what they are given.  It’s funny haha. 

I mean, obviously MCU fans don't agree with this, otherwise we wouldn't be fans of the MCU. I think it's funny that people think they're super intellectual and discerning for disliking the MCU, your movie preferences don't make you a more interesting person.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Menor said:

I mean, obviously MCU fans don't agree with this, otherwise we wouldn't be fans of the MCU. I think it's funny that people think they're super intellectual and discerning for disliking the MCU, your movie preferences don't make you a more interesting person.

I'm reminded of a quote - "Whoever envies another confesses his superiority"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

Well obviously it doesn't apply to everyone, but that poster has a point.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 12:07 PM, Knights of Ren said:

Ok?  I still think the overall WOM is fairly good.  Everyone I have personally spoken too thinks it’s pretty good.  These are not huge SW people, just casuals.  I personally thought the film was very underwhelming, but I’m not blind to the fact that is pleased a solid amount of people. 

What is silly are the people who claim that TROS is a bomb. Like you, I have really mixed feelings about the film...same as I did with TLJ....but trying to claim is it a failure from a sheer business point of view is stupid.

Yes, it won't do what Disney would have liked and probably expected,, and what some people here projected, but it will still make a shitload of money for the Mouse.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

TROS will finish around 1.05 billion or so which is a let down but not a disaster. 

However looking at how much a mess the film was the production was it could have been worse. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I thin

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

TROS will finish around 1.05 billion or so which is a let down but not a disaster. 

However looking at how much a mess the film was the production was it could have been worse. 

Also, SW has lost a lot of the fear factor it had when is came to films opening against it. 

Next SW film, other studios will not just run to get out of it's way and,if Disney continues the Christmas opening for it,  concede the most valuable week in the year to it.

Edited by dudalb