CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

On 1/2/2020 at 11:18 AM, John Marston said:

TROS is a mess but So is TLJ and it thinks it’s way more clever than it is. Both movies contributed to the failure of this this trilogy and that’s why there is now no doubt going to be some shakeups at Lucasfilm 

TFA is a mess as well. Mistake number one was not having a plan for all three films from the start. Watching TFA you can see there's no plan. It is typical JJ. He creates some mystery boxes, rehashes the familiar and hopes there's enough to hook people in. There wasn't. Viewing TLJ and TROS is like looking into and behind all those cool looking buildings at Disney World. On the surface they give the impression of an expansive and living environment, but when you see behind the curtain you realize it is fake - there's just a front and no actual building. That's the new trilogy. It looks like Star Wars, but it's just a bunch of nothing with a Star Wars veneer.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So fans collected over 75K for BenSoloFund (all proceedings going to Arts In the Armed Forces charity founded by Adam Driver) and Joonas Suotamo is true to his word. he took the BenSoloChallenge as he promised:

who says SW fans cannot be united? It only takes a good cause. :bravo:

Edited by Valonqar

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 9:29 AM, Lordmandeep said:

TROS will finish around 1.05 billion or so which is a let down but not a disaster. 

However looking at how much a mess the film was the production was it could have been worse. 

Most studios would kill for a 1.05 BIllion film.

I really  and now totally convinced Star Wars is now in 007 territory:still a very successful franchise but not as dominant as it once was.

• Like 2

In another thread, somebody just said only way to save SW would be for Marvel to take it over and make a crossover film.

I think that would be a terrible move...it would look as if Disney was throwing in the towel on the Franchise.

The  individual involved is as bad an example of an MCU fanboy as you want to see, and has not bothered to read the actual box office figures for TROS...yes, it is not quite the massive blockbuster Disney might have wanted, but it's doing over a billion, Disney will make a shitload of money on it, and they won't be folding the SWfranchsie into the Marvel franchsie for some time.

Edited by dudalb

Just now, dudalb said:

In another thread, somebody just said only way to save SW would be for Marvel to take it over and make a crossover film.

I think that would be a terrible move...it would look as if Disney was throwing in the towel on the Franchise.

And I guess the individual involved has not bothered to read the actual box office figures for TROS...yes, it is not quite the massive blockbuster Disney might have wanted, but it's doing over a billion, Disney will make a shitload of money on it, and they won't be folding the SWfranchsie into the Marvel franchsie for some time.

That would be the dumbest thing ever.  Star Wars doesn’t need saving.  The last thing it needs to do is to try and mimic the MCU in any way. 

• Like 2

I'm up for a Guardians of the Galaxy / Star Wars crossover film.

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The  individual involved is as bad an example of an MCU fanboy as you want to see, and has not bothered to read the actual box office figures for TROS...yes, it is not quite the massive blockbuster Disney might have wanted, but it's doing over a billion, Disney will make a shitload of money on it, and they won't be folding the SWfranchsie into the Marvel franchsie for some time.

Obviously they don’t need to cross over, but Feige should be brought on as consultant and it will probably happen 

• ...wtf 1

all the studios should collaborate and make a $200M feature film version of The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny.

28 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

That would be the dumbest thing ever.  Star Wars doesn’t need saving.  The last thing it needs to do is to try and mimic the MCU in any way. 

I think it does  need to mimic the MCU in one way...have a overall producer who can ride herd  and see the writers and directors for the different films..particualry those  part of the overarching storyline all on the same page and don't conllict with each other. Kennedy failed to do that, and that is behind a lot of the problems the franchise is having.

They might not need Feige , but they need someone who can take control and oversee the franchise and get everbdoy on the same page the way Feige has.

Bottom line, the Franchise has serious problems, but it not on the edge of extinction the way that fool who wanted the crossover thinks.

And that would just be a band aid solution anyway...good for one film but not fix the basic problems with the franchise.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Obviously they don’t need to cross over, but Feige should be brought on as consultant and it will probably happen 

I repeat, I don't think they need Feige personally, but they need somebody who can get everybody involved on the franchise on the same page,which Kennedy failed badly to do. 

I understand Feige will be involved in a Star Wars film, but, frankly, he has enough on his plate as it is, and his becoming a consultant wil not solve the basic problem over getting somebody to head Lucasfilms who can get a firm grip on the franchsie, and keep the makers of the invidivual films from tripping up each other...which is what happened with the ST.

27 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I'm up for a Guardians of the Galaxy / Star Wars crossover film.

I gotta admit, the idea of Rocket Racoon giving Chewbacca a bad time seems amusing.

• Astonished 1

Considering that there have been numerous references to Star Wars as a fictional franchise within the MCU, that would just make the idea of them crossing over even stupider than it otherwise would’ve been. 

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Considering that there have been numerous references to Star Wars as a fictional franchise within the MCU, that would just make the idea of them crossing over even stupider than it otherwise would’ve been. 

A SW/MCU crossover might be fun for an SNL skit,but as a feature film it would be a truly horrendous idea.

Honestly, a DC/Marvel crossover makes a lot more sense.

But only Marvel involvement with SW is that Marvel comics division now handles the SW comic book line...just like it did back in 1977,ironically.

Edited by dudalb

52 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Did you really think that was serious? I thought it was clearly sarcasm

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think it does  need to mimic the MCU in one way...have a overall producer who can ride herd  and see the writers and directors for the different films..particualry those  part of the overarching storyline all on the same page and don't conllict with each other.

Who knew George Lucas was already "mimicking the MCU" back in 1980?

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I think the one billion money TROS earned is thanks to the winter holidays and the premium screens given to the movie for 4 weeks.  Without that advantage, TROS's BO number would be lower. 

He's totally trolling. He knows people take this so incredibly seriously and he's having a blast with it. There are probably better things he could do with his time but at the same time I don't really blame him either.

• Like 2

What a fucking icon. I love him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Nearly 20 years ago, a young producer working at Square Japan had the idea to create a crossover between some characters from the Final Fantasy universe and Disney's main cartoon characters. When this idea was revealed, nearly every FF-player (even the japanese ones) and their uncles were laughing from here to the moon and back and dismissed this idea as horrible. Then the first pieces of concept art came out and the laughter started to calm down, the critics got quieter. Then the first demo hit the usual fairs and the laughter and critical voices silenced completely. Then the game came out and created a new fanbase that is so rabidly obedient, that it still buys mere updates with mainly cosmetic changes disguised as new episodes,

Now, nearly 20 years ago someone had the idea to bring a third tier Marvel comic book hero to the silver screen...