CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | 9th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Disney+ May 4th

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

EOZHEfrW4AANBPo.jpg
EOZGcpUX4AAnT-d.jpg

couple images from the Art of TROS.  The Oracle was cut from the film and shouldn’t have been.  That opening sequence is so choppy and could have used it to help make more narrative sense.  Also appears redeemed Ben was suppose to have facial hair which makes me think it was suppose to be a time jump.  Movie clearly doesn’t represent their original ideas and you can tell it got hacked with heavy in post. 

Oracle was removed because "friends and family" that Disney sorta tests movies or parts of movies on found it confusing. That's why we got the choppy opening sequence which is a shame for it was clearly a great fight that was shortened and then they replaced the oracle with the chest or whatever. The sequence needed a talky part and oracle provided that. Without it, we just got choppy silence until palpatine started to emulate voices. Mess. Editing is absolutely one of 2 main culprits for TROS being aTROSity as they call it now. The other is of course the abominable script. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

It was the equivalent of me taking a few boxing lessons and becoming Muhammad Ali

Same thing happened with Luke and nobody really cared.  Luke spends 10 minutes with Yoda 

1 minute ago, Knights of Ren said:

Same thing happened with Luke and nobody really cared.  Luke spends 10 minutes with Yoda 

Yeah then lost his arm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ninenin said:

Yeah then lost his arm

And Rey proceeds to just beat some guards.  Not like she didn’t anything insane in TLJ.  Snoke toys around with her likes she’s a child. 

Edited by Knights of Ren

1. Empire

2. Hope

3. Solo

4. Last Jedi

5. Return Jedi

6. Awakens

Won't dignify the rest with a ranking, because I'm an edgelord. 

10 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

And Rey proceeds to just beat some guards.  Not like she didn’t anything insane in TLJ.  Snoke toys around with her likes she’s a child. 

Id say the whole trilogy has messed this up for me even down to Rey defeating Ren in their first encounter. As ridiculed as the prequels were that is something they got right. Anakin didn't become a badass right away, it was a gradual process through all 3 movies which took place over years of training. He suffered defeats which made him stronger. 

Even luke had to suffer defeat to become more powerful and it could be argued that Vadar was defeated for being soft on Luke. 

Rey hadn't had a challenge in the first 2 movies, less training than any of the Jedi's we'd seen yet somehow fought like she'd been training for the past 10 years, it didn't sit well with me, those moments were not earned and clearly showed a lack of planning from the beginning. 

TLJ is the most influlential movie of the last decade. I know that hight-brow critics will put something highbrow on top of the list and TLJ won't even make Top 100 cut but it is so. Show me a more talked about movie. TROS is out and TLJ is still more talked about. It out-talked every single Marvel movie. it out-talked every single prestige film. Yup, we have the winner. 

Edited by Valonqar

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

TLJ is the most influlential movie of the last decade. I know that hight-brow critics will put something highbrow on top of the list and TLJ won't even make Top 100 cut but it is so. Show me a more talked about movie. TROS is out and TLJ is still more talked about. It out-talked every single Marvel movie. it out-talked every single prestige film. Yup, we have the winner. 

It reminds me of The Room

The Room is an undisputed classic. Nobody remembers Room and most think The Room when they hear Room. 

Ill TLJ one thing, it was one of the most beautifully shot blockbusters ive seen

I liked TLJ.  I have quibbles with it like most anything, but overall, I enjoyed it. I don't think it worked great as a franchise movie, but that's on Lucasfilm for not having a coherent overall story mapped out.  That's still just...mindblowing to me. I truly cannot fathom it. 

Going to see TROS again Saturday at my daughter's request. She loves it, and I quite liked it, too.  It's got issues, but its really entertaining, too, and I've gotten use to the pace of the first 45 minutes now, so that doesn't bother me anymore. 

• Like 2

I wish they kept the Oracle. They also should’ve made it clear Kylo was at Vader’s castle.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I wish they kept the Oracle. They also should’ve made it clear Kylo was at Vader’s castle.

So the opening scene is on Mustafar? Thought it was a random planet.

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions

3 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

So the opening scene is on Mustafar?

Yes.

1 (tie). ROTS and TCW series (which includes TCW movie)

2. ROTJ

3. AOTC

4. TPM

5. ESB

6. ANH

7. Mando so far

8. RO

9. Solo

10. TLJ

11. TFA

12. TROS

I really need to get through all of Rebels. First episodes have not grabbed me too much but I know it gets great later on.

Edited by Menor

It's such a dumb thing to have vader castle and make another star destroyer the throne ship so to speak. Like, do something with the idea that Supreme leader is a Skywalker. He has his throne in vader castle. How the hell you screw this up? I think that TLJ really left the door open for such development but they reveerted to palaptine is behind all this. If they wanted bendemption, they didn't have to make him a bad Supreme leader. quite the contrary, surprise everyone, make him competent, make him awesome, don't repeat Empire, find some other way to advance the conflict (like have Hux pull a coup or something). But whatever. 

Edited by Valonqar

31 minutes ago, Menor said:

I really need to get through all of Rebels. First episodes have not grabbed me too much but I know it gets great later on.

-pulls you in tightly- whispers: Hera Syndulla 

• Astonished 1

1.ESB

2.ANH

3.ROTJ

4.Rogue One

5.ROTS

6.TFA

7.TLJ

8.TROS

9.Solo

10.TPM

11.AOTC

That space indicates big dropoff in quality.