CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

I can say one thing. due to IJack I'm just gonna be thankful whenever they announce that it is not the Russos

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Taika Waititi could be a good option depending how well he goes with Ragnarok. Also, The Wachowski Sisters. 

I can totally see Waititi beinh hired and the whole thing ending up like what happened with the Lego Movie directors: "Um, excuse me, sir? This is Star Wars, not Guardians of the Galaxy 4. Focus, alright?"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

Patty isn't confirmed as the director for Wonder Woman 2. Russo Brothers would only work with a delay for Episode IX, but I bet they'd be down for that. So yeah, I don't know. 

I know she isnt but I think she will most definitely direct WW2. And Russo's wont be free until April 2019 and making a movie like Ep9 takes a lot of time. So unless Disney is ok pushing it back by 1.5-2 years it is not happening. 

• Like 2

In hell, There are no more renowned directors to make your franchise movies.

Edited by The Futurist

Just now, aabattery said:

Dave from down the road.

Nah, he's committed to the Jabba the Hutt movie. He won't have time.

Just now, Cochofles said:

I can totally see Waititi beinh hired and the whole thing ending up like what happened with the Lego Movie directors: "Um, excuse me, sir? This is Star Wars, not Guardians of the Galaxy 4. Focus, alright?"

Yeah, thinking it now it wouldn't be a good idea. They are going for more classical and collaborative directors. I'd say that Patty Jenkins fits the bill, and this is what Jeff Sneider said on the article I've linked earlier:

One intriguing potential replacement would be Patty Jenkins, who still hasn’t closed her deal to direct Wonder Woman 2. It sure would be interesting if she handed that superhero sequel off to someone else to make Star Warshistory as the franchise’s first female filmmaker. I don’t really see that happening, but it’s certainly odd that Warner Bros. hasn’t officially announced that Jenkins will return yet.

I'm thinking the same thing. But I actually think that Kennedy fighting for Jenkins might be the thing stopping WB to announce Jenkins as the director for the sequel. I mean, WB should literally be treating her as one of their biggest directors at this point. Not sure if that's what they are doing though. 

Just now, That One Guy said:

MEL GIBSON!

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Stephen Daldry

5 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Michael Bay 

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Josh Trank?

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Paul Feig

8 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Fuck it, let's throw Roland Emmerich in the mix. 

21 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Darren Aronofsky. You know you want it. 

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Martin scorsese

27 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Alan Taylor

32 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think they'll go with Inarritu

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I don't think Brett Ratner has anything on his schedule :thinking: 

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Nicolas Winding Refn

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Kyle Balda (director of Minions), that'd piss off so many people on here.

Solid bit. BOT really bringing out the A material for this news.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

The rumor mil begins:

My heart could not take it.

On one hand, HELL YEAH! to my girl getting such a nice gift (STAR FUCKING WARS!) for delivering the phenomenon that was Wonder Woman, but on the other hand...HELL NO! to anyone but Patty directing Wonder Woman 2 (although I am not horribly against the idea of Ava Duvernay doing it).

• Like 1