CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

I wonder when in 2019 they'll release this one may would sandwich it in between infinity war and justice league II and avatar will have to be delayed 2-3 more times for December to be safe and as likely as that is to happen it might be a bit risky to bank on it marvel hasn't set anything for November yet I wonder if that's cause Disney is considering it for this

Is Johnson confirmed to write ep9 as well?
I mean - when? We know that ep8 is already shooting, and 7 is not out yet. And with Johnson working on ep 8 writing, preproduction ,shooting, postproduction I don't see much time for him to write and polish ep 9 as well.

Edited by Charism

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2015‎ ‎4‎:‎17‎:‎34‎, Asyulus said:
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎04‎:‎58‎, antovolk said:

Confirmed May according to Iger.

Bad release date, especially with Infinity War Part 2, LEGO Movie 2, and later in June, which is Justice League Part 2.

Every one of these movies you've listed will lose to EPISODE IX, especially if VII is really good which appears to be the case.. Besides, it's not like some of these movies won't move to an earlier date or even later.. Hell, maybe INFINITY WAR Part 2 will move to Dec 18th and see how that works out for them as opposed to the May slot...

On 31.10.2012 at 2:39 PM, Baumer Fett said:

They are not coming out every two years. It's not possible. This one will be 2021.

Seldom it is you gpt it wrong... ;)

4 hours ago, GiantCALBears said:

May 2019 as opposed to Christmas  '18 or '19 because of scheduling conflicts for Disney and/or expecting Avatar?

I think it's based on the matching to +1y after the anniversery release date of part 8.

Maybe they observe/watch and compare the run of SW 7 and SW 8 and react later in 2017 if needed?

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Jurassic World filmmaker added that in approaching the conclusion of this new trilogy, Episode IX has to function as multiple films at once:

“By the time we get to Episode IX, I look at that movie as one movie, as three movies, as six movies, and as nine movies. It’s something that needs to honor a story that has been told over a period of 40 years… Star Wars is a belief system, it’s not just a story and it’s not just a movie, and it’s something I take very seriously.”

This Guy knows what he's doing for as much as people are bagging on him doing IX.. Have a little faith folks..

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Damn. Well I hope he's got a good script in him. Would much rather Rian write 9 as well, but not much we can do about it.

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Damn. Well I hope he's got a good script in him. Would much rather Rian write 9 as well, but not much we can do about it.

You folks really are bagging on this guy and I'm sorry but he's just not as bad as you all make him out to be.. When a Director propels a movie to over 600M Domestic, you give him a shot at a STAR WARS movie.. That's pretty much the way it is..

4 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

You folks really are bagging on this guy and I'm sorry but he's just not as bad as you all make him out to be.. When a Director propels a movie to over 600M Domestic, you give him a shot at a STAR WARS movie.. That's pretty much the way it is..

I really don't dislike JW, but the script isn't exactly the best part of it. I'm fine with him directing, just wanted a more capable writer.

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I really don't dislike JW, but the script isn't exactly the best part of it. I'm fine with him directing, just wanted a more capable writer.

At least you folks bagging on Trevorrow can take comfort in knowing you won't be seeing Rey running in high heels for VIII.. :P

18 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

At least you folks bagging on Trevorrow can take comfort in knowing you won't be seeing Rey running in high heels for VIII.. :P

We'll just see it in Episode IX.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2015 at 7:32 PM, GiantCALBears said:

May 2019 as opposed to Christmas  '18 or '19 because of scheduling conflicts for Disney and/or expecting Avatar?

I think Cameron said he wanted an Avatar movie every Christmas starting 2017 for a total of 4 or 5 movies.  I don't see 2017 happening for Avatar 2, but I guess 2018 is still realistic.

Yo, news that will interest film nerds:

Star Wars: Episode IX will be filmed in 65mm

Star Wars: Episode IX, the third chapter in the new Star Wars saga, will be shot on the large format 65mm film, according to a press release from Kodak. 

The industry standard is 35mm, while many blockbusters shoot digitally. J.J. Abrams’ The Force Awakens and Rian Johnson’s upcoming Episode VIII both used 35mm film, but Hollywood has been experiencing a revival of the larger format with titles like Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight, Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar (which had a limited release in 65mm), and Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master

Kodak announced Friday that large format processing facilities for 65mm film have been added to their U.K. locations, and a slew of upcoming films will be tapping into them. Besides Episode IX, others listed are Murder on the Orient ExpressThe Nutcracker and the Four Realms, and Dunkirk, which was rumored to be utilizing the format. 

Dunkirk is also in 65mm, as noted at the end.

• Like 1