CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

I hope everyone is ready for Clone Rey (both dark side Rey and regular Rey).  

14 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

To be fair, Star Wars has always been fuzzy on the energy output of things like turbolasers, proton torpedoes, ion cannons, etc, as well as the holding capacity of starfighter, capital ship, and planetary shield generators.

So both you and @Porthos could be right on this. An X-Wing, no problem. A kilometer long capital ship, big problem.

The only way everyone is right is that the capital ship collided nowhere near the speed of light but just at a super fast speed. 

Point is Kinetic based attacks of weaponry is sort of 'game breaking' glitch for this universe so no point really going into it. 

17 minutes ago, langer said:

I hope everyone is ready for Clone Rey (both dark side Rey and regular Rey).  

Clone is the most obvious choice, i doubt it will be something like that, they have much to deal in this movie to include clones

Is probably a dream / vision, or she will be possessed... but i think the context will be different than people are speculating

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Clone is the most obvious choice, i doubt it will be something like that, they have much to deal in this movie to include clones

Is probably a dream / vision, or she will be possessed... but i think the context will be different than people are speculating

That's the third major theory out there, and the one I haven't seen discussed as much here.

But I'm sure a fan base that is well known for being chill and easy going as SW is would react to that to a new* development like that with reasonable aplomb. 👍

* New for the films, that is, as possession has made its way into other storytelling, both Legends and current canon.

Edited by Porthos
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

j

not bad ;)
Marek

Not great not terrible. ;)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

Brick, The Brothers Bloom, Looper

Not really impressive to be honest.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

26 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Do you guys think that if TROS turns out to be a great success people will eventually admit that Rian is a hack?

PinkBrilliantBluetickcoonhound-max-1mb.g

• Like 8
  • Not Cool 1

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I AM FUCKING HOWLING.  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Not really impressive to be honest.

Even if I agreed it wasn't "impressive" you'd have to make the case that the three movies were so bad that only a "hack" could have made them, and "hacks" are people who very obviously don't care about anything but the check they're collecting... does anything Johnson makes look, or sound, like a product made by someone who doesn't care about what they're doing? Who is being lazy about their craft? Do you honestly believe people are lying about liking him because they need to "save face" on the internet until they get the all clear from JJ Abrams to "admit the truth?" 

Rian Johnson may not be a director everyone is going to vibe with... he's kind of a weird guy with a skewed sensibility... but he's definitely not a "hack..." and that lazy criticism is self-defeating in the same way people who aren't smart enough to use the word "pretentious" correctly can't stop putting it in their own mouths... 

edit to add: this is the sort of Star Wars talk I unfortunately got very used to over the last few years so I should probably stop while I'm way behind, LOL. 

Edited by LawrenceBrolivier
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

Good thing stories aren't games and even if they were, kamikaze lightspeed ships aren't any more game-breaking than... say.... THE FORCE. 

So everyone's just lying about liking his filmmaking now? Seems like a pretty absurd premise... The only people who could possibly be telling the truth about the director of Brick, The Brothers Bloom, Looper and multiple key episodes of Breaking Bad are the people who think he sucks? And people who think he sucks because Luke Skywalker drank milk onscreen and thought about killing his nazi nephew for a split second once.... and everyone else is lying... until they can safely admit they were lying when that JJ Abrams makes another good movie? 

No because the force is based on mystical force and can be interpreted a billion ways to suit a story. 

Kinetic based weapons is based on actual science and is likely possible even with current tech therefore, it is best to ignore that or else that pretty much dramatically changes the SW universe. 

There is a key difference 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Is Thrawn in Episode 9?

Think the First Order military forces needs to be lead by a non comedian for once