Jump to content
CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Like I said, if Driver is free to roam festivals during reshoots, they are not serious reshoots.

Kylo Ren dies in the first act.  JJ is doing a ROTS redux with TROS and Kylo is getting the Dooku treatment.  Rey is going to fall to the dark side after an epic theater scene where the Palpatine Ghost tell her about the tragedy of Darth Plagiarism. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

now he made a franchise that is bigger then all of them 

Feige was also a successful film exec before he got involved in any Franchise. Point is the guy is a pro, not a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, langer said:

Kylo Ren dies in the first act.  JJ is doing a ROTS redux with TROS and Kylo is getting the Dooku treatment.  Rey is going to fall to the dark side after an epic theater scene where the Palpatine Ghost tell her about the tragedy of Darth Plagiarism. 

I heard Kylo comes back with General Grievous’ body

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, langer said:

Kylo Ren dies in the first act.  JJ is doing a ROTS redux with TROS and Kylo is getting the Dooku treatment.  Rey is going to fall to the dark side after an epic theater scene where the Palpatine Ghost tell her about the tragedy of Darth Plagiarism. 

 

 

 

Who the fuck is Obi Wan in this film then lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

 

 

 

Who the fuck is Obi Wan in this film then lol

Qui Gonn Jin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, langer said:

Kylo Ren dies in the first act. 

I know that certain character fans would love this but no cigar. right now, they are really pissed that leaks don't mention what that character does in the movie for it must be too irrelevant to leak! :lol:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the main characters will die in the first act.  All the kids from Canto Bight led by Broom Boy will take over the resistance.  The younglings strike back!!

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

All the main characters will die in the first act.  All the kids from Canto Bight led by Broom Boy will take over the resistance.  The younglings strike back!!

And, most importantly, it will be revealed that Snoke was Snokeling!

 

7p94sraybqsy.jpg

  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney needs to promote this now, the same marketing strategy for TLJ should not be used for a 40+ year conclusion, seems like just another Star Wars film and not a conclusion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Disney needs to promote this now, the same marketing strategy for TLJ should not be used for a 40+ year conclusion, seems like just another Star Wars film and not a conclusion 

You mean the same marketing strategy as for the return of the saga with TFA, which ended up with the movie as no.1 alltime domestically?

 

There is no reason for them to deliver any particularly big marketing push right now. All it would achieve is overload way before the movie even comes out. Force Friday in early October, followed by the full trailer sometime in mid October and tv-spots and other stuff following in the period afterwards can do the job just fine. This isn't the time were any production delivers meaningful marketing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, George Parr said:

You mean the same marketing strategy as for the return of the saga with TFA, which ended up with the movie as no.1 alltime domestically?

 

There is no reason for them to deliver any particularly big marketing push right now. All it would achieve is overload way before the movie even comes out. Force Friday in early October, followed by the full trailer sometime in mid October and tv-spots and other stuff following in the period afterwards can do the job just fine. This isn't the time were any production delivers meaningful marketing.

TFA marketing started 13 months before release , and had multiple cover spreads on magazines by now, granted very few magazines exist anymore, but still..

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

(Probably should have put it in the Mando thread, but felt like putting it here instead to show the overall anticipation regarding Things SW)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

TFA marketing started 13 months before release , and had multiple cover spreads on magazines by now, granted very few magazines exist anymore, but still..

You’re preaching to the choir here, in my case.  Been complaining about SW film marketing for well over a year now.

 

But I do think the shift of EW to monthly is hurting here.  The Mandalorian, for instance, was on the Fall TV cover special, meaning the SW cover thread that might have come out now got swallowed up.  Still room for Empire Magazine, though.

 

Will give Disney credit for putting the All Saga Trailer in theaters at least.  Given that EG didn’t get that treatment with it’s special look trailer, that does say something.  At the very least they’re not aping the TLJ strategy completely.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

 Given that EG didn’t get that treatment with it’s special look trailer, that does say something.

No joke, if they put that TV spot in front of any movie, this weekend, I would go buy a ticket for that movie.      

 

To be even slightly on topic, I think some of the difference in marketing vs TFA also has to do with which movies are coming up to the plate beforehand. TFA had Bridge of Spies and The Good Dinosaur, which combined for like 180M.     

 

Before TROS they’ve got Maleficent 2 and Frozen 2 to market (as well as Ford vs Ferrari, kind of). Obviously they won’t until until F2 to go hard on TROS marketing, but I feel like they might be waiting until after Mal2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it does feel like the marketing's asleep at the wheel right now. If I weren't on this forum I wouldn't even know it was coming out this year. Sure, they can blitz it a couple of months before opening, but making it feel like an event would have been nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need this film to be a philosophy discussion between the force ghosts of Palpatine, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, the younglings Anakin has killed and Spock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marketing will hit when it hits. Also, it isn't about length of marketing period but whether it's effective or not. Aladdin turned its tables with late in the game A Whole New World trailer after being ridiculed for months.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

TFA marketing started 13 months before release , and had multiple cover spreads on magazines by now, granted very few magazines exist anymore, but still..

One measily teaser 13 months in advance is insignificant when looking at the marketing as a whole. All three movies had very similar marketing. If anything, the special view for TROS was a whole lot more than what TFA and TLJ got. And all three got some whining about there being no marketing at some point in time, when all of that was completely normal, as no movie uses a constant barrage of promotion.

 

Beyond that, please go and find even one relevant movie that started a big marketing push 3 months in advance. There simply is zero reason to do so. All you do is blow your marketing budget for no significant gain. It will either leave you having to spend a whole lot more money than what is the norm, because you need to sustain a longer campaign than usual, or you even end up annoying people because there seems to be a marketing push that doesn't end. The movie isd in perfectly fine shape, it had a suffcient number of promotional material so far, and will spam the public with a big campaign in the last two months up to release, just like blockbusters tend to do. There isn't really anything that supports the theory that the movie lacked promotion so far, or that the public isn't aware of the movie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Disney needs to promote this now, the same marketing strategy for TLJ should not be used for a 40+ year conclusion, seems like just another Star Wars film and not a conclusion 

How did the D23 special look not seem to be conveying that this is definitely the conclusion?  The teaser and special look have both emphasized that the Saga is coming to an end.  Starting in October we are about to get hammered with marketing, and by December I will be so fed up with avoiding TV Spots that the movie won't be able to come soon enough lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I need this film to be a philosophy discussion between the force ghosts of Palpatine, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, the younglings Anakin has killed and Spock.

Come on, have some sympathy with the crispy porg in Chewbacca's mouth. Be exclusive towards the force ghost of PORGS.

 

D5p505_XoAArCkb?format=jpg&name=large

 

Chewbacca-and-a-Porg-in-Star-Wars-The-La

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.