CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Same month as Infinity War? Give me a break 

I don't see the big deal? They're three weeks apart so that's plenty of breathing room. Both movies will be extremely frontloaded anyway.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I don't see the big deal? They're three weeks apart so that's plenty of breathing room. Both movies will be extremely frontloaded anyway.

That's the thing. December softens the frontloadedness, drops, eevrything. 

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Releases on May 24 2019

So December 2019 and untitled Dinsey film will get May 29, 2019, release date.

Trying to choke out the market to the other studios.  Disney being the competitive assholes we all know them to be.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

If Han Solo does not move to December, then I can see this staying. Reserving a date for a live action movie only works till they move it to December, then everyone else releases their movies there anyway as Tomorrowland found out the hard way. 

May 2015 release schedule wasn't that bad, Tomorrowland bombed because it was Tomorrowland

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Marston said:

Same month as Infinity War? Give me a break 

15 hours ago, Blankments said:

Yeah it seems silly that they're still pretending Han Solo and IX releasing a few weeks after an Avengers movie is a solid business decision

It all goes to the same place

On 4/25/2017 at 5:37 PM, Warmaster506 said:

Trying to choke out the market to the other studios.  Disney being the competitive assholes we all know them to be.  

If you were a movie studio that owned as many popular properties as they do, wouldn't you try to make as much as you could as well?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

still starting to film next month?

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-cover-portfolio

Fisher’s death doesn’t change anything about The Last Jedi except make it more poignant: the film farewell of both the actress and the character. But it does change Episode IX, for which, as Fisher hoped, a central role for Leia had been planned. Kennedy, Trevorrow, and the Lucasfilm team have been compelled to swing from grieving into pragmatic mode, working out how to reconceive the next film in the saga, which is scheduled to start shooting in January.

Originally it was July but I guess it moved at some point.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, Warmaster506 said:

Come off it. Every Studio in Hollywood is a competitive Asshole. Disney is just, overall, better at it.

• Like 1

I am sure the change in the starting date from July to Januray was is because of the rewrites and retooling because Leia had a major and central role in the film.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

This is a good thing. Trevorrow is the wrong guy to write a movie with a female lead like Rey. Wrong guy to direct it, too, but I'll take what I can get.

Edited by Orestes

29 minutes ago, Orestes said:

This is a good thing. Trevorrow is the wrong guy to write a movie with a female lead like Rey. Wrong guy to direct it, too, but I'll take what I can get.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Orestes said:

Get some standards.

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Get some standards.

If I didn't have any I would be fine with Trevorrow :P.