CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

It's not her movie. They are using footage that was once considered too bad to put in the movie. MSW reported about that long time ago. There's no way that she's a big presence in the movie from restored bad footage. lets use some logic here. Also, few fans know it's her birthday so releasing the trailer because of birthday makes no sense. It's more likely just a coincidence. Studios release trailers when timing is right for them. If they won't release it now, that simply means they don't care to put it with Maleficent, and later date is better for them to build the buzz. 

Honestly, this is a ban-able post.

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Is it still okay to have discussions about TLJ here? 

MODERATION:

TREAD LIGHTLY with TLJ discussion. This is NOT the TLJ thread or the WWW TLJ thread. We’re nearing the final act of the trilogy. Let’s keep it fun and civil until at least opening weekend. If you wish discuss TLJ, we have the Franchises War Thread. 

Thank you!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

(actually kinda want to see if he's done the math right :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Is Resistance season 2 just gonna air completely on XD then come to Disney+?

XD and Disney Channel, currently.  Presumably move over to Plus once the season is over. Might have to do with already negotiated streaming rights with cable/satellite channels.

But no reason for it not to appear on Plus once the season/series is over.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

XD and Disney Channel, currently.  Presumably move over to Plus once the season is over. Might have to do with already negotiated streaming rights with cable/satellite channels.

But no reason for it not to appear on Plus once the season/series is over.

Hopefully they’ll put the first half on once it’s the midseason break. Or else I’ll be waiting for a while

IIRC DuckTales season two won't be on D+ at launch despite the season finishing in September, so Resistance could take a bit between finale airing and D+ availability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

No holiday special ☹

I have it on DVD so I'm good

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

(actually kinda want to see if he's done the math right :ph34r:)

Way to bury the lede Porthos

Coming to Disney+ in February 2020 is the long-awaited conclusion of the beloved animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, with 12 new episodes

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Way to bury the lede Porthos

Was already announced at D23. But good reminder. :) 

Finally figured out why I originally liked TFA but now I'm meh about it after watching the hbomberguy video about Sherlock.

With TFA I didn't really like the movie as much as I liked the promise, the allusion that interesting things will happen in the future installments. It was just a re-thread of ANH with a lot of contrived  conveniences with zero explanation how the galaxy is like it was before ANH, but it had these visions, mysterious characters, cliffhanger ending, and those things made it seem like something awesome is coming, big revelations that will make it all make sense.

So when you found out there was no plan, and nothing can make these movies, this universe come together it takes away from TFA for me. So I'm downgrading that movie to meh. It still stands on it's own as a decent movie. But meh

Edited by mikee11
  • Haha 1

It's half time for the MNF game at 9:40pm EST for future reference.  This has actually been a great game, and the half went by fast.  Watch next week be the opposite lol

1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

It's half time for the MNF game at 9:40pm EST for future reference.  This has actually been a great game, and the half went by fast.  Watch next week be the opposite lol

That second quarter could’ve gone better for the Lions 

:gold:
:gold::gold::whosad:

Edited by Inceptionzq
  • Like 1

They also announced that Charlie Puth will be doing a halftime performance next week for the MNF game... LOL.  Halftime isn't long enough to have all these things going on?!?

31 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

They also announced that Charlie Puth will be doing a halftime performance next week for the MNF game... LOL.  Halftime isn't long enough to have all these things going on?!?

No First Order troopers marching on the field? Anyone remember if they did anything like that for TFA? Maybe it’ll just be broadcast only. Would’ve been awesome if they had Sith Troopers marching on the field

So now that MNF has come and gone as expected, I fully expect by the time I log in tomorrow/this morning to see at least one, maybe two, fresh rumors that the trailer is indeed getting attached to Maleficent 2 ahead of the global launch next Monday.

Don't let me down, SW Rumormongers! 👍