CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

24 minutes ago, Porthos said:

You know, I can't quite tell if this is verging on concern trolling or not. I'm genuinely not sure. 

I'd argue it definitely is a level of shit stirring and it should stop.

• Like 3

Yep never understood judging a movie based on what’s on paper.  If I’d have seen leaks for TLJ before it’s release, I would have thought that sounded dumb.  Instead I saw it fresh and thought everything was amazing.  I know probably a little more about TROS right now than I’d wish, but everything will still feel very fresh on opening night.  That’s what makes that first theatre experience so special.  Getting a bunch of unexpected surprises thrown at you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I don't think it's bad to manage expectations.

13 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

it's easier to enjoy it coming from lowered expectations than from expecting something that cannot be matched. 

I think SW fans in general are more than enough, hmm shall we say, apprehensive of the overall state of the franchise post-Solo/post-TLJ discussion that they are quite easily managing expectations on their own without worrying about how some folks who are prone to overreacting are in fact overreacting. 👍

• Like 1

MODERATION

The staff will talk about some of this stuff amongst themselves, but for the time being, please curb any and all leak discussion

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Jordan Maison is reporting tickets drop at 8pm EDT on 10/21.  Screentime might be slightly in flux as its still in editing.  But talking mere minutes here. So not long now, folks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Jordan Maison is reporting tickets drop at 8pm EDT on 10/21.  Screentime might be slightly in flux as its still in editing.  But talking mere minutes here. So not long now, folks.

Trailer before the game then? Or just no official announcement until the trailer drops presumably at halftime? 🤔

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

3 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Trailer before the game then? Or just no official announcement until the trailer drops presumably at halftime? 🤔

The latter, I presume. 

What usually happens is that tickets are not supposed to go on sale until the trailer airs.  But places like Fandango, Atom, and the corporate sites don't want to wait around until an arbitrary time/signal is set.  If halftime was at a set time, that'd be one thing.  But there can be a window of up to 25 to 35 minutes depending on the speed of the game.  So sites have "cheated" in the past and just made them live when MNF (or the sporting event in question) actually starts.

And in a way, I don't blame them.  Who at Fandango or Rando Corporate Site wants to watch the game and hurriedly flip whatever flag needs to be flipped if it isn't a concrete time?

Now with the ever increasing reach of social media, I reckon their servers will get slammed anyway, especially if folks know to look "early".

• Thanks 1

My personal philosophy is not to read any articles about the film, not to watch any stories about the film, avoid reading this thread and block my ears and make a loud humming noise if the trailer appears before another film.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

TLJ discussion is also good to go now in the thread since we are 2 months away and asking people to not discuss the last movie in the series would be stupid, since we allowed BvS discussions in the Justice League thread, just following the same precedent. 

f6gJds1.gif

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Just now, DeeCee said:

My personal philosophy is not to read any articles about the film, not to watch any stories about the film, avoid reading this thread and block my ears and make a loud humming noise if the trailer appears before another film.

why stop there? i'll blindfold myself and wear earmuffs during a screening of the film itself. there's gonna be spoilers all over that thing.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

f6gJds1.gif

Can’t wait to see the same arguments for the thousandth time :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

why stop there? i'll blindfold myself and wear earmuffs during a screening of the film itself. there's gonna be spoilers all over that thing.

Good point.  I suppose the safest option is to never watch the movie.

Just now, Inceptionzq said:

Can’t wait to see the same arguments for the thousandth time :ph34r:

There's a fix for that via the board software. :ph34r:

(at least partially :lol:)

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

There's a fix for that via the board software. :ph34r:

(at least partially :lol:)

You talking about ignoring people? Yeah I’ll be doing a lot of that if it gets really annoying

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

You talking about ignoring people? Yeah I’ll be doing a lot of that if it gets really annoying

lMQuOYh.gif

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

@Porthos O/U TFA 1st 24 hour sales? 

Under.  And I totally expect it, too.  There is four years of growth of pre-sales, but TFA pre-sales were cray cray banana-nanas.  Wasn't till Endgame  when that was shattered.

Over/under TLJ is the better gauge, IMO.  There I'm not as sure.