CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

EDIT:::

YT link

Love it!! Can't wait. Goes without saying because it's backed ny a super studio in Disney but the production value looks outstanding!

Don't love the news about Benioff and Weiss though. Yeah, yeah, the final Game of Thrones season but I still think those guys could have done something really special with Star Wars. I loved the potential. Oh well, I'm willing to be patient and not overreact. Let's just get The Mandalorian and TRoS out and go from there. The handwringing is just toxic.

• Like 3

the rise of skywalker (2019) is gonna do under revenge of the sith (2005) ⚰️⚰️⚰️⚰️

<550 dom

<300 os

<850 ww

or at least under 1b/tpm ⚰️

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

For Christ's sake, Disney needs to put a stop on the trilogy thing now and make further plans NOT UNTIL rise of skywalker is out and they know how the audience reacts to the film.  What difference does a month make, man?

• Like 2

THE FORCE IS REALLY WITH US

Can’t fucking wait for Rian Johnson’s trilogy, The Last Jedi is arguably my favorite Star Wars film of all time and I have an amazing feeling for The Rise of Skywalker.

As for the GoT assholes, it seems that these news are eerily close to a fiasco they just did in Austin this weekend and it’s making the rounds:

The thread is hilarious to read now along these news and I’m genuinely relieved they are out. They don’t deserve their Netflix deal, let alone to work in the Star Wars universe. I have faith that Rian will absolutely crush it with his trilogy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mikee11 said:

I don't know what movies you're reffering to.

Quoting off the Wayback Machine from BOM (thanks to its redesign it no longer lists announced projects years in advance)

2022 & Beyond

Untitled Star Wars (2022)(BV) - 12/16/22
 Untitled Star Wars (2024)(BV) - 12/20/24
 Untitled Star Wars (2026)(BV) - 12/18/26

This is off the official Disney slate of upcoming projects.

When this slate was announced earlier this year (at the same time the Avatar films were pushed back), it was "confirmed" that these were the B&W films.

===

FWIW, the Boba Fett movie was never officially announced as a project by Lucasfilm and certainly never put on a slate by Disney.

As I said, official slates aren't everything. Films disappear from official slates all the time. But they're certainly not nothing, either.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

THE FORCE IS REALLY WITH US

Can’t fucking wait for Rian Johnson’s trilogy, The Last Jedi is arguably my favorite Star Wars film of all time and I have an amazing feeling for The Rise of Skywalker.

As for the GoT assholes, it seems that these news are eerily close to a fiasco they just did in Austin this weekend and it’s making the rounds:

I didn't even watch GoT but I knew a lot of people were unhappy with how S8 went, and quite frankly a lot of the stuff they said in the twitter thread you linked was mind-blowing. The fact they actually said it all out loud is... well. Thank god LFL pulled a Trevorrow with this, I was hoping they would. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gamora said:

I didn't even watch GoT but I knew a lot of people were unhappy with how S8 went, and quite frankly a lot of the stuff they said in the twitter thread you linked was mind-blowing. The fact they actually said it all out loud is... well. Thank god LFL pulled a Trevorrow with this, I was hoping they would. 🙏

They were known hacks for years. It’s not just about S8, the kind of shit they were spewing on this convention just cements the fact that they are absolute hacks and don’t have a fucking clue what they were doing. They are the ones responsible for the atrocity that is X-Men Origins: Wolverine too on top of that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

The Last Jedi is arguably my favorite Star Wars film of all time 

Arguing with yourself?

Confirmed for voices in the head!

• ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1

8 minutes ago, kitik said:

Arguing with yourself?

Confirmed for voices in the head!

tumblr_pql81jJnfi1rwxoyco2_500.gifv

49 minutes ago, Porthos said:

FWIW, the Boba Fett movie was never officially announced as a project by Lucasfilm and certainly never put on a slate by Disney.

As I said, official slates aren't everything. Films disappear from official slates all the time. But they're certainly not nothing, either.

Thanks for the info. I still think there aren't set plans for who will make the new trilogy since Rian is saying contradictory things. Maybe if he's lying ( Ewan McGreggor said he had to lie to keep Obi-Wan movie now series a secret).  If Rian isn't their guy and Weiss/Benioff went to netlix  I hope they don't rush the new trilogy to make a date, because that's how it started, rushing out the first movie to reach chirstmas 2015 with no clear outline what to do next.

48 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

They were known hacks for years. It’s not just about S8, the kind of shit they were spewing on this convention just cements the fact that they are absolute hacks and don’t have a fucking clue what they were doing. They are the ones responsible for the atrocity that is X-Men Origins: Wolverine too on top of that.

I vaguely saw stuff about people not wanting them on Star Wars since it was announced, so I did know kinda about them not being great, but the shit really hit the fan with S8 of GoT so I was able to follow it more. And woof, they did the first Wolverine movie? Triple thank god they're gone.

The PR "oh if we can work with them in the future" and claiming scheduling is an issue is pretty funny though. Mere days after they gave that terrible interview and now all of a sudden they're out? What a coincidence.

o5oWTCe.gif

• Like 4

I had a feeling this was coming after they signed that giant Netflix deal. 

Also, after what went down with the last season of GoT, I bet KK started having second thoughts about sticking with these guys. 

• Like 3

Wait WAIT are D&D really out of Star Wars? Really?! After they butchered Game of Thrones just so they could make their SW films faster?!

What a joke lmao. But thank god they're out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatt was right said:

As for the GoT assholes

Season 8 sucked, but resorting to name-calling seems a bit childish, no?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, harlequinade said:

Benioff and Weiss are poison now, so good move, Disney

Lol...More like no one wants to work for  Lucasfilms...Abrams already ran to WB after reluctantly directing episode 9 

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1

17 minutes ago, Hades said:

Lol...More like no one wants to work for  Lucasfilms...Abrams already ran to WB after reluctantly directing episode 9 

Suuuuureeee. SW is still SW. no one walks away from this because they want to lol

15 minutes ago, harlequinade said:

Suuuuureeee. SW is still SW. no one walks away from this because they want to lol

Unless you're Phil Lord and Christopher Miller

51 minutes ago, harlequinade said:

Benioff and Weiss are poison now, so good move, Disney

Well worldwide GOT was a bigger event than the new Star Wars franchise so if anything Disney are missing out

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, TMP said:

Season 8 sucked, but resorting to name-calling seems a bit childish, no?

But he likes Rian Johnson so it's all good and this is totally not the same as TLJ haters insulting Johnson.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1