CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Who the fuck lets a film franchise be the whole meaning of their life? That is utterly absurd. Film franchises can be a big part of someone's life and be extremely meaningful - hence their enormous impact on millions and millions of lives. But a film franchise can never be more meaningful than your own personal journey, your friends and family, your work, travel, etc.

Come on...that was one of the stupidest things you have ever said. 

And FYI...people who go through shitstorms are the ones who usually have such a strong connection to a certain franchise...because they give them joy and happiness during a difficult time.

But the fact that you assume that because of their reaction that their "whole meaning of life" be tied to a franchise is absurdly ignorant. 

I like you, you have balls. I like balls

Maybe it's still early, but the marketing for TROS hasn't particularly caught the world on fire. That's a nice way of saying that marketing has been pretty much absent besides the trailer.

Look at the marketing for Frozen 2 as a comparison. It's been EVERYWHERE. Maybe they just figure they can do a quick 4-week marketing blitz for TROS after Thanksgiving? We'll see.

38 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Maybe it's still early, but the marketing for TROS hasn't particularly caught the world on fire. That's a nice way of saying that marketing has been pretty much absent besides the trailer.

Look at the marketing for Frozen 2 as a comparison. It's been EVERYWHERE. Maybe they just figure they can do a quick 4-week marketing blitz for TROS after Thanksgiving? We'll see.

frozen 2 is  everywhere bc when the movie began have that kind of marketing it was 20+ days  away from release

46 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I haven’t seen Frozen 2 anywhere other than like 1-2 TV spots on TV?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

I haven’t seen Frozen 2 anywhere other than like 1-2 TV spots on TV?

Same here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

I know right? Why would Disney put more advertising towards a movie coming out in three weeks instead of a movie coming out in 7 weeks? That just doesn't make any sense. Bunch of imbeciles!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Is it not enough marketing or the fact that what they showed doesn't generate enough  discussion/excitement?

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

Well that too. 

How has anyone not seen Frozen 2 everywhere? Stores, TV, internet-you can't escape it.

17 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Well that too. 

How has anyone not seen Frozen 2 everywhere? Stores, TV, internet-you can't escape it.

I live on the internet and literally have not seen one F2 ad.  I went to Walmart recently and the F2 section isn’t any bigger than th stuff for TROS.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

I live on the internet and literally have not seen one F2 ad.  I went to Walmart recently and the F2 section isn’t any bigger than th stuff for TROS.  

Where is that? The Targets and Walmarts I've seen have all had Frozen 2 display areas while having pretty much nada for SW, let alone for TROS. I mean ZERO merchandise.

And Frozen 2 TV spots were all over the World Series and pretty much every TV station I've seen. I think I've seen ONE TROS spot. (but I have seen several Mandalorian spots)

3 hours ago, Eric Connor said:

Deleted tweet.  Do I even want to know?

Just now, Porthos said:

It was a joke tweet lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Connor said:

It was a joke tweet lol

I guessed, but the Winona reaction made me curious. :lol: 

49 minutes ago, Porthos said:

A very strange parody of the Poe and C-3PO “friends” moment in the trailer. Don’t think you wanna know lol...

• Like 1

(semi xpost with the Tracking thread)

The Rise of Skywalker Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-46 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

48.31%

Total Showings Added This Week

1*

Total Seats Added This Week

n/a

Total Seats Sold This Week

* Showing added today was at a non-reserved seating theater

T-46 Adjusted Comp (EXTREMELY LOL - DON'T USE FOR MUCH OF ANYTHING)

%

Sold This Week

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

CM

0/81

8161/10608

23.07%

90.79m

TROS (adj)

n/a

2/194

11254/21987

48.82%

n/a

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: TROS (adj) is the ticket data at the same theaters I had tracking info for Captain Marvel.

---

Estimated TROS Gross So Far:

%

Final Sold

TROS Sold

Comp

IW

24.69m

DP2

21.95m

Solo

23.38m

JW:FK

23.58m

AM&tW

23.97m

Venom

22.15m

CM

21.05m

EG

24.16m

TLK

22.49m

It 2

20.84m

AVG

22.83m

NOTE: FINAL SOLD is the amount of tickets sold at stop of tracking for the given movie and TROS SOLD is the amount of tickets sold so far at the same theaters I had tracking info for the movie in question.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Porthos said:

(semi xpost with the Tracking thread)

The Rise of Skywalker Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-46 days and counting

🤔 So how presale heavy is Star Wars exactly related to the other franchises...Do you know what percentage of tickets Solo sold in the first two weeks of presales compared to it's total presales ?

• Like 1