CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Then on the thing that currently says "J" look for this:

6JqnXnk.png

If you can see that there, clicking on that should let you change your avatar.

Looks like i need more posts so F, oh well XD

New TV spots and an international trailer should be coming very soon. It was this time in 2015, 2016 and 2017 that we got new stuff from TFA, RO, and TLJ respectively. Yeah, I know-Frozen this and Frozen that. But there's no reason they can't coexist and why they can't get the marketing for TROS up and going again. After the trailer things just flat-lined. 

5 hours ago, jedijake said:

New TV spots and an international trailer should be coming very soon. It was this time in 2015, 2016 and 2017 that we got new stuff from TFA, RO, and TLJ respectively. Yeah, I know-Frozen this and Frozen that. But there's no reason they can't coexist and why they can't get the marketing for TROS up and going again. After the trailer things just flat-lined. 

They are currently spamming The Mandalorian spots left, right and center. Maybe they feel like doing the same with TROS at the same time would just be an overload. It's not like this leaves Star Wars out of the news cycle.

It's not like they really need to add plenty of tv-spots at this time. The first rush for ticket-sales already happened, right now is he lull before sales escalate again. With Frozen and The Mandalorian already taking lots of airtime due to their upcoming release / recent start of ticket sales, they might just as well wait a bit with TROS and spam the tv-spots slightly later.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, George Parr said:

They are currently spamming The Mandalorian spots left, right and center. Maybe they feel like doing the same with TROS at the same time would just be an overload. It's not like this leaves Star Wars out of the news cycle.

It's not like they really need to add plenty of tv-spots at this time. The first rush for ticket-sales already happened, right now is he lull before sales escalate again. With Frozen and The Mandalorian already taking lots of airtime due to their upcoming release / recent start of ticket sales, they might just as well wait a bit with TROS and spam the tv-spots slightly later.

Yeah that didn't even register to me when I made my post but it is very very true. Mandalorian is getting the full court press that TROS would normally have gotten (based on TFA, RO, and TLJ). Until Thanksgiving, TROS is caught in a tangled mess of Frozen 2 and Mandaloran/Disney +. I guess it's a matter of how much post-release marketing they will put into Frozen 2 (November 22) and Mandalorian (November 12 with D+) as to how much attention they will give TROS. At that point, it should ALL be about TROS. I guess we'll see.

Once Mando is out the door (Nov 12?), TROS marketing will continue in full force though it is laughable that they think they cannot promote both at the same time. They are nothing alike. 

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Once Mando is out the door (Nov 12?), TROS marketing will continue in full force though it is laughable that they think they cannot promote both at the same time. They are nothing alike. 

They are nothing alike, true, but there are similar aesthetics. Also, I guess it would seem strange if they have two SW properties with all sorts of TV spots left and right. That and Frozen 2. They really overbooked themselves this season.

But on the bright side, Endgame tickets went on sale April 2 and it had 24 days of heavy marketing. So I guess they figure they can do that with TROS as well. (thing is that nobody was on the fence about EG-that was going to blow up anyway).

is there a full scan of Total Film and with Zoom? I only see that one page. 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

is there a full scan of Total Film and with Zoom? I only see that one page. 

If you think I'm hunting through Twitter or the greater web to look for such things right now... :lol:

(I just happened to see it since Sleemo's feed is fairly safe atm)

1 minute ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

You guys really think TROS is going to reach 700 Domestic ??

Its Star Wars. Its possible.

Though its also very possible that it doesnt even reach Last Jedis 620M if the reception is mediocre. But if Rise of Skywalker has great WOM, coupled with the Holidays - then yes, 700M can be reached.

• Like 2

I kinda have it at 650 with 190 Million OW and 3.4x-3.5 Multiplier.

though the fact that we don't know the films 24 hour presale numbers is a bit worrying.

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

No.

I have a club entry from you that says otherwise. :rock:

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have a club entry from you that says otherwise. :rock:

I'm a good friend that supports the club. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm a good friend that supports the club. :)

I mean, if we're gonna be serious for a moment, I certainly don't think 700m is assured or anything.  I intentionally set the club target as an optimistic one.  Clubs shouldn't be easy to reach or a certainty, IMNSHO.  

If I wanted to be a weenie wuss I would have set it at 650, or 621.  But that's lame and boring as I said in my club intro. 

Fortune favors the bold and all that!!!

==

So do I think it can reach 700m DOM?  Of course.  It's on the optimistic side, but not an unrealistic target, again IMO. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

It isn't unrealsitic because it isn't an outrageous increase from TLJ. That said, I'm more interested in OS drop. 

• Like 1

I'm seeing numerous videos pop up in my youtube feed about test screening disaster for TRoS, i doubt its true cause only seeing it from the regular channels that constantly hate disney star wars

• Like 1

yup I am 90% sure it will get to 700mil :) I will be very happy if it will get over BP ( :) ), but anything within 650-700 is OK with me..., and of course
over 1.2-1.3 WW, but that will be probably harder if OS will drop... we will see... if movie is GREAT with audience 700 can be done... if not, even 600mil will be hard...