CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Quite possibly the most predictable list I've seen, but sure.

It's freaking Star Wars. They don't need upredictable, they need safe bets. I'd argue that the fact that Jenkins hasn't closed a deal with WB for Wonder Woman might be exactly because of this. Now WB would be incredibly stupid for not giving Jenkins literally WHATEVER SHE WANTS, like the tweets that she liked on Twitter in the past. I think it's between either her or the Russo Bros (I actually think they wanted the gig all the freaking long, but Kathleen went with Trevorrow instead). 

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

It's freaking Star Wars. They don't need upredictable, they need safe bets. I'd argue that the fact that Jenkins hasn't closed a deal with WB for Wonder Woman might be exactly because of this. Now WB would be incredibly stupid for not giving Jenkins literally WHATEVER SHE WANTS, like the tweets that she liked on Twitter in the past. I think it's between either her or the Russo Bros (I actually think they wanted the gig all the freaking long, but Kathleen went with Trevorrow instead). 

I'm fairly sure Patty Jenkins announced she's doing Wonder Woman 2 but I could be wrong.

Just now, Mulder said:

I'm fairly sure Patty Jenkins announced she's doing Wonder Woman 2 but I could be wrong.

She didn't. There was a trade report saying that WB was very close to a deal. Not that it was finished:

http://deadline.com/2017/08/patty-jenkins-highest-payday-female-director-historic-deal-wonder-woman-2-1202151303/

Realistically the most likely result will be Rian or JJ coming back to double dip.

Russos triple lol

• Like 1

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Disney™

Actually, Lucas Films. And I think they did the right move. So not sure what's with the use of irony here. 

I'm sure the company™ that is doing a Han Solo prequel, Obi-Wan prequel, and so on is looking for the best creative minds to direct episode 8

• Like 1

These events show you how incredible Kevin Feige s achievments have been in the last 12 years or so.

I am sorry to be that guy but that Kathy gurl is getting out of control.

Inarritu, Patty Jenkins?

You're getting another white dude who's liked by Spielberg and you'll like it, dammit.

Edited by UNDERDOG
  • Like 1

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Realistically the most likely result will be Rian or JJ coming back to double dip.

Russos triple lol

I don't think so. I think they'll want to keep the "one director per episode" thing going. And yes, laugh it now, but here it's what both Patty and the Russo Brothers said about Star Wars:

https://heroichollywood.com/patty-jenkins-direct-star-wars/

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/russo-brothers-interview-avengers-infinity-war-star-wars-1202498783/

It's insane how willing Lucasfilm is to cut ties with a director. I don't know if it's a sign of dysfunction, as RO turned about as good as could be expected (obviously have to see what happens with Han Solo), but there is obviously something up. I'm kinda relieved Trevorrow isn't directing though. I think he could have done a decent job with it, but likely wouldn't have done anything to elevate it. Honestly hope it's Rian. Dude is super-talented, if he does a very good job on VIII & IX, he's practically got a blank check for his next project.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm sure the company™ that is doing a Han Solo prequel, Obi-Wan prequel, and so on is looking for the best creative minds to direct episode 8

Well, they seem to be doing better films than the other companies™ for a good while now. So yeah, having a strong hold on who is the best creative minds surrounding their projects seems like a pretty terrific idea to me.