CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

Didn't like half of this forum want Trevorrow to get the boot just a few months ago?

• Like 2

I reckon we'll see either Bill Condon or Brad Bird direct IX instead - if that happens Condon will leave Bride of Frankenstein. I'd have said Favreau would be the likeliest candidate but he's doing The Lion King. I think David Lowery might even do it, he's got a relatively clear slate for that time and is in the Disney family now with Pete's Dragon. The other two obvious candidates I can think of are JJ and Rian Johnson, I imagine they'd want Rian back over JJ and I reckon he'd likely want to return and do the script with Jack Thorne.

Joss Whedon could happen, but seeing as he seems to be getting in with DC now he might not have the time. I guess Spielberg might be in the conversation, Disney must be clamouring to see how Ready Player One turns out and is received, plus he's been in the conversation of possibly directing Star Wars movies since Return. Disney would probably love having the Russo Brothers do it, but with all their Marvel commitments I can't see how they can fit it in.

The only other realistic (though unlikely) candidates I can think of are James Gunn and Taika Waititi.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Just get Snyder to do it

Shit... 

I’d watch it.

Francis Lawrence
Justin Lin
Michelle MacLaren
Peyton Reed
David Lowery

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Didn't like half of this forum want Trevorrow to get the boot just a few months ago?

I know I did. 

Just now, cookie said:

Didn't like half of this forum want Trevorrow to get the boot just a few months ago

The other half apparently thought he was an unparalleled genius

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Expecting consistency from BoxOfficeTheory?

2WHg228j.jpg