CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed | Trailer Pg 440

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

23 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Alright, let's see a list of people that might end up directing Episode IX. I'm going by my guts other than what I'd really want to happen. But who I'm thinking it's most likely getting the job isn't someone that me or @Cochofles would like it to see it doing, but here it goes:

1. Patty Jenkins. Yes, Patty Jenkins. Why? Yes, she's nearing a deal for Wonder Woman 2, but we actually don't have a report of that deal being 100% cleared. I'd think that getting someone like Patty is exactly the move that Kethleen Kennedy would go for. 

I'd love a woman of color to do it.

Yep, I went there.

I love Patty, but I want to spread the blockbuster love among other female directors, especially women of color.

• Like 1

Just now, Cochofles said:

Yep, I went there.

I love Patty, but I want to spread the blockbuster love among other female directors, especially women of color.

I feel Ava DuVernay would make a dope Star Wars movie.

• Like 1

If they want an old guard director they may turn to Joe Johnston or someone like Rob Zemeckis

Yep, I went there.

Here are two scenarios that I could see it happening: 

Ava Duvernay directing Wonder Woman 2

Patty Jenkins directing Star Wars Episode IX

And vice-versa. I'd be down for any of this. But it'd be sad to see Jenkins not directing WW2. 

44 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

I don't want this delayed until December!

Not that I give a shit about it, just....

I don't want it to mess with Wonder Woman 2......

:qotd:

Same here, dammit!!!

I want WW2 to have all the opportunity in the world to make a killing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Just heard about this. Has anyone blamed The Book of Henry yet?

LOL

Same here, dammit!!!

I want WW2 to have all the opportunity in the world to make a killing.

Again if IX moves, WW2 can likely co exist with it, move to November or worse case scenario move to February 2020.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Alright, let's see a list of people that might end up directing Episode IX. I'm going by my guts other than what I'd really want to happen. But who I'm thinking it's most likely getting the job isn't someone that me or @Cochofles would like it to see it doing, but here it goes:

1. Patty Jenkins. Yes, Patty Jenkins. Why? Yes, she's nearing a deal for Wonder Woman 2, but we actually don't have a report of that deal being 100% cleared. I'd think that getting someone like Patty is exactly the move that Kethleen Kennedy would go for. 

2. The Russo Brothers. Not sure how that would even work. But I could see them as people they'd want to work with. Hell, I actually think they wanted the gig all along. Maybe with a delay for Episode IX they could make it.

3. Joss Whedon. This also falls right on Joss strengths, so I wouldn't discard him.

That or: Rian Johnson going back to Episode IX. JJ Abrams going back to Episode IX. Ron Howard going from Solo to Episode IX. Or last but not least, George Lucas going back for Episode IX. 

Patty will be busy with shooting and post production on WW2 which is coming out the same year. There is zero chance she does this.

The Russo Brothers have a little movie called Infinity Wars 2 that is coming out just 4 weeks before this. How on earth do you expect them to do both? Are they to shoot simultaneously? There is literally no chance this happens unless SW9 gets pushed back 2 years (which ofcourse will never happen)

Joss Whedon is in talks to do Batgirl which could also come out the same year. Although he has not formally signed on yet i think he will. More chance than Patty and Russo's but unlikely nonetheless

• Like 2

Taika Waititi could be a good option depending how well he goes with Ragnarok. Also, The Wachowski Sisters. 

But no really what is happening at Lucasfilm with regards to directors? First the Gareth Edwards rumors about behind the scenes of Rogue One, then the Lord/Miller stuff, now this? Yeesh.

Glad Trevorrow decided to instead dedicate his time to making more book of henrys. i bet that kid wrote a whole library of killing manuals! 

• Haha 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Patty will be busy with shooting and post production on WW2 which is coming out the same year. There is zero chance she does this.

The Russo Brothers have a little movie called Infinity Wars 2 that is coming out just 4 weeks before this. How on earth do you expect them to do both? Are they to shoot simultaneously? There is literally no chance this happens unless SW9 gets pushed back 2 years (which ofcourse will never happen)

Joss Whedon is in talks to do Batgirl which could also come out the same year. Although he has not formally signed on yet i think he will. More chance than Patty and Russo's but unlikely nonetheless

Patty isn't confirmed as the director for Wonder Woman 2. Russo Brothers would only work with a delay for Episode IX, but I bet they'd be down for that. So yeah, I don't know.