CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Tag all spoilers. TLJ discussion is allowed

Each of these has copied the original trilogy in different ways. Palpatine would make sense if they're ripping off ROTJ this time. 

5 minutes ago, JB33 said:

There's a difference. I think, even with the laugh in the teaser, the GA could see it being a ruse because we know he's dead. Luke in TLJ? Everyone expected the badass return of a character we know is still alive. What we ended up getting was a travesty that nobody could have seen coming.

Unless you paid attention to the earlier movies and actually listened when they talk about Jedi, you mean.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The GA wouldn't know the character of a laugh or even remember, they will go with a blank slate. 

Apparently they subtlety agree that TLJ was bad.......

• Not Cool 1

Does JJ ever put something tangible in his mystery boxes ?

Rarely if ever.

He just comes with the box and the rest is usually not his problem, ask the TV show runners from Alias and Lost.

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

The Infinity Saga is ending, not the Avengers. There is still a lot of potential with some new faces. 

Some people don't seem to realize that Marvel is keeping the continuity going. They ain't rebooting shit and I love it. 

• Like 1

Im going to be honest here. The more I think about the possibility of Palpatine returning, the more stupid I think it sounds. Ignoring the fact that such a plot point would obviously be done for no reason other than for fanservice, it would also be something that would come completely out of left field. There was no foreshadowing to Palpatine’s return in TFA or TLJ. By the end of TLJ, we were led to believe Kylo Ren became the new Supreme Leader after killing Snoke, but now it turns out that Palpatine was once again behind everything? Plus, as a couple of other people have already mentioned, something like that would only serve to further cheapen the OT, and would ultimately make the entire thing feel completely inconsequential. 

With that said, maybe he won’t be coming back to life, and the laughter is a deliberate bit of misdirection. After all, if Palpatine is returning, would they really want to spoil that with the teaser?

• Like 4

Just now, tawasal said:

The GA wouldn't know the character of a laugh or even remember, they will go with a blank slate. 

Lol most people that watch a star wars movies know who the emperor is 

Guys on this forum make general audience seems like a mindless idiots 

800px-Star_Wars_Episode_IX_poster.jpg

Sounds like they're going the Force Awakens route with the poster

• Like 4

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

Rise of the Skywlakers

Sith/Jedi/Skywalkers

Revenge/Return/Rise

I see you JJ, lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Disney investors realizing they're about experience the end of AVENGERS and Star Wars in the same year:

2019: 😎

2020: ☹️

My stock is up, thanks for asking.  And we have Disney+ next year!  So, not really, but nice try!

• Haha 1

Palpatine coming back to save this mediocre trilogy and finally give Rey & Co an actual threat. Legend!

• Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

Loved the teaser. I'm sold already  :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Im going to be honest here. The more I think about the possibility of Palpatine returning, the more stupid I think it sounds. Ignoring the fact that such a plot point would obviously be done for no reason other than for fanservice, it would also be something that would come completely out of left field. There was no foreshadowing to Palpatine’s return in TFA or TLJ. By the end of TLJ, we were led to believe Kylo Ren became the new Supreme Leader after killing Snoke, but now it turns out that Palpatine was once again behind everything? Plus, as a couple of other people have already mentioned, something like that would only serve to further cheapen the OT, and would ultimately make the entire thing feel completely inconsequential. 

With that said, maybe he won’t be coming back to life, and the laughter is a deliberate bit of misdirection. After all, if Palpatine is returning, would they really want to spoil that with the teaser?

I mean it's entirely possible he only appears as a force ghost (have we ever seen a sith do that, actually?)

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lol most people that watch a star wars movies know who the emperor is 

Guys on this forum make general audience seems like a mindless idiots 

Not the new generation of audience. I give you there a many who do, but they need to be older.