CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

Posted (edited)

Also really gonna do my part from here on out and just ignore the TLJ comments.  Even, or perhaps especially, if they're quoted to me.

You do you, fam, if you wanna keep talking about TLJ.  Me?  Gonna talk about TRoS from here on out in this thread.

Wish me, and my Will Save good luck on that front. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Palpatine saved ROTS personally to me.

He was epic in that film. 

he's my favorite SW character. :hi5:

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Yeah, if they're going full IDGAF nostalgia then I want Palpatine to have like an hour of screentime and wreck some shop.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!! :worthy:

So they’re really playing this “end of the Skywalker saga” thing lol. When we know it really ended in 1983

• Like 1

TLJ: Let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

ROS: Here’s Palpatine!  

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

The teaser is at 140k likes with 10k dislikes on YT right now. Not sure how many of those  dislikes have to do with backlash to TLJ and Kathleen Kennedy, and how many are people who are disappointed by the nostalgic callbacks. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Say what you will about JJ, he has a great visual eye and style.   I thought Rian did just fine, he took some risk.  some worked some didn't but We are back in this thing.   Nice tease, don't give too much now, save the real Money Shots for Thanksgiving time.   Though we've had "Rise of the Machines" with Terminator and "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" with that prequel series.  I like the title because it's upbeat, it doesn't feel like the end but a new beginning.    Amazing George envisioned all this so long ago.  His original notes had 12 Episodes so I'm wondering could there be another Trilogy as this one.?

Related image

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

and no support on Solo. 

I liked what you said, but not that. It is actually a nice movie, I forgot early on its another actor....

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Also really gonna do my part from here on out and just ignore the TLJ comments.  Even, or perhaps especially, if they're quoted to me.

You do you, fam, if you wanna keep talking about TLJ.  Me?  Gonna talk about TRoS from here on out in this thread.

Wish me, and my Will Save good luck on that front. :ph34r:

Good luck with your will save! And good luck with TRoS too, both BO and movie quality!    

When you have an opinion on trailer metrics (seems too early atm) can you tag me? Want to get some feedback from someone who I know doesn’t have it out for the movie.

• Like 1

So my guess is “Skywalker” will become the Jedi. The new “religion” if you will.

How would you guys feel if in a future movie from now explains the term “Jedi” was actually a last name of a powerful force user who started the Jedi religion?

"Rise of Skywalker" hmm, first thing that comes to mind is: Kylo turns good and saves the day and Rey dies/goes evil. Probably not how it will turn out though.

8 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Luke gets resurrected. Anakin's back. Rey's a Skywalker. Kylo Ren is redeemed. Everyone roasts marshmallows on Endor.

10 minutes ago, Cookson said:

People tend to forget that it was the villain who said this line, not the hero. That matters.

• Like 3

Reylo v Palpatine hype?        

I’m more interested than I was yesterday, but nervous about how they’ll wrap things up well in a single movie that also seems to be (re)introducing a lot of stuff.

7 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Say what you will about JJ, he has a great visual eye and style.   I thought Rian did just fine, he took some risk.  some worked some didn't but We are back in this thing.   Nice tease, don't give too much now, save the real Money Shots for Thanksgiving time.   Though we've had "Rise of the Machines" with Terminator and "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" with that prequel series.  I like the title because it's upbeat, it doesn't feel like the end but a new beginning.    Amazing George envisioned all this so long ago.  His original notes had 12 Episodes so I'm wondering could there be another Trilogy as this one.?

Related image

Maybe in 10-20 years.

3 minutes ago, Cookson said:

So my guess is “Skywalker” will become the Jedi. The new “religion” if you will.

How would you guys feel if in a future movie from now explains the term “Jedi” was actually a last name of a powerful force user who started the Jedi religion?

Skywalker hasn't even been explored much in the two Skywalker trilogies.  

There is Luke and Vader, that is pretty much it

every other character has huuuge family trees, expanded stuff, etc..

Posted (edited)

So let’s talk Palpatine. How does he return?

It would be hilarious if he came back Barbossa style to fight Kylo Ren. 

Edited by CaptainJackSparrow

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Reylo v Palpatine hype?        

I’m more interested than I was yesterday, but nervous about how they’ll wrap things up well in a single movie that also seems to be (re)introducing a lot of stuff.

3 hours run time confirmed!

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

So let’s talk Palpatine. How does he return?

It would be hilarious if he came back Barbossa style to fight Kylo Ren. 

I can only believe in a sith force ghost right now. Bringing him back in person would be ... i dont know if i would like that.