CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

9 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I really don’t know why still compare SW with MCU on trailer views... even Thor Ragnarok have bigger views than both TFA / TLJ trailers, it’s obviously completely different situations. ROTS needs to be compared with others SW movies, and that’s it. 

well, I did it just to show it's not a BLIP on radar of ENDGAME.... as somebody trying to make teaser numbers small...

11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I really don’t know why still compare SW with MCU on trailer views... even Thor Ragnarok have bigger views than both TFA / TLJ trailers, it’s obviously completely different situations. ROTS needs to be compared with others SW movies, and that’s it. 

It means as a global brand avengers is a bigger deal really and skews much younger.

That is all.

SW fans are different heck i downloaded in highest quality to rewatch teaser , no subpar youtube version boosting views

More Rey please :wub: 

Ditto with husbands Finn/Poe

None of Kylo would be best but I’ll settle for less. The less the better.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

$230M/$740M domestic.

$1.550m Worldwide

domestic could be big but doubt that international beaks 700m, probably 650m range as visuals are not great

33 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

domestic could be big but doubt that international beaks 700m, probably 650m range as visuals are not great

I am sure :) we will got more from full trailer about visuals, too soon to talk about being great or not :)

btw. where did you find high quality teaser (not one from youtube)? :) would love to see it!

M.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Trailer complete 12 hours, so:

YouTube: 9.7M

Twitter: 20.1M

Facebook: 11M

Instagram: 1.2M

Total: 42M

With 12 hours to go, this is obviously coming for 50-55M on first day. Remember, this is only from US Star Wars accounts. At this point, the overall number could challenge TLJ teaser, which made 90M in first day. Really impressive and consistent.

No. Is not impressive. Is normal

"Rise of Skywalker"

Well, we knew this movie would be nothing but safe fan-service.

Rise of the Skywalker is such a cringe title LOL. Can't believe they actually went with it. Sounds like a fancomp title in youtube.

• Like 4

I did not get up at 4am like my SW-loving friend did to watch the panel or watch the trailer ASAP but I did watch it first thing after waking up and I fucking loved it. The opening scene with Rey vs Kylo's(?) ship sure was a way to start things, it took me a couple of rewatches to realise it might've been training, but that does indeed seem to be the only explanation. Now as to whether Kylo's the one piloting it I wouldn't say for sure since they purposefully kept the face hidden.

Seeing Leia was heartbreaking, it's so sad that Carrie's not around to get the last film of the trilogy to have the focus on her like Han got TFA and Luke got TLJ. I'm sure she would've knocked it out of the park, but I am intrigued as to how they're going to wrap up her storyline in this with just deleted scenes from TFA. Whatever they do it looks very touching from the small scene shown here.

Finn and Poe look great and I'm glad to see the trio together, and the Death Star shot at the end with god damn Palpatine's laugh over it definitely has my interest. However, I refuse to speculate in the slightest over anything so I'll just say that it has me hyped overall, I love the title, and I cannot wait to see this playing in IMAX before Endgame. At least it bloody better since sometimes they make dumb decisions at my local one so fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
Edited by lorddemaxus

It really does sound like a fan title doesn't it? I thought after hearing it a bit I'd get used to it, but it just gets worse and worse. 

• Like 1

Avengers Endgame is also meh title. Disney should work more on finding good titles for their finale of major franchise 😉😉😉

I liked a lot that trailer but the title sounds weird. Lately Disney has been doing strange title choices between this and WandaVision. Curious to see how this trilogy ends, for me it's been a really good trilogy.

• Like 1

@shayhiri is threadbanned until May the Fourth for poisoning the well. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Not Cool 1

8 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Fantastic teaser.

Watch as this becomes the second biggest smash of the year (behind The Lion King) and just above Endgame...

Salty much... :hahaha::whosad::redcapes:😁

• Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)

Palpatine addition may have been on Lucas's original notes.  JJ did say he consulted Lucas about Pap.  I also wouldn't be shocked if they ran the title and story by Lucas since this is suppose to tie it all together.   It's an interesting decision because of what happen to Snoke.   It makes me wonder if it really was the plan.  

Star Wars Episode IX: THE EMPEROR STRIKES BACK

LOL.  

Edited by filmscholar