CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

Posted (edited)

Everyone I talk to who has seen Endgame says this is the only trailer to get cheers and claps from the audience. People are really overestimating the extent of TLJ drama. The general public is oblivious to the internet and forum arguments.

Edited by Cheebs86
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cheebs86 said:

Everyone I talk to who has seen Endgame says this is the only trailer to get cheers and claps from the audience. People are really overestimating the extent of TLJ drama. The general public is oblivious to the internet and forum arguments.

General public are not "oblivious" to TLJ drama if they are the ones who did not like TLJ.

I dont think most poeple liked TLJ, fans or general audience.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Cheebs86 said:

Of course fans don't care about the internet drama but you can't ignore the ultra short legs that The Last Jedi had. Star Wars has never had legs that short. The reaction from the audience was mixed. Maybe JJ can win some people back but Johnson did lose some people. I like the Last Jedi but that multi for a film that had holidays to prop it up is pretty dang low. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Firepower said:

There was no plan, just random decisions.

I liked this post because I presumed you were talking about George Lucas' original plan. If I erred in my presumption, please let me know. ;)

(George famously had no plan for his movies beyond a constantly changing skeletal structure)

Edited by Porthos

5 hours ago, Cheebs86 said:

I remember the Amazing Spiderman 2 trailer getting some cheers and The Switch trailer getting constant laughs so yeah 

1 hour ago, commendable said:

Just lol. The Rise of Skywalker? What? Who? How? 

Already spoiled. if you don't want to know, avoid Reddit and MSW.

Posted (edited)

yep, fucked up, forget what i said, these are spoilers sensitive

Edited by zazeron

Can we not even hint at the topics regarding what rumored spoilers are out there?  Please?  It's not that hard to start drawing conclusions from even the more innocuous comments if enough of them are made.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, zazeron said:

yep, I would like to update my box office predictions upwards after reading recent rumors from MSW 

I don't want to hear or read spoilers,.... are they so good, that you want to adjust your prediction upwards?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

I don't want to hear or read spoilers,.... are they so good, that you want to adjust your prediction upwards?

nothing

Edited by zazeron

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Can we not even hint at the topics regarding what rumored spoilers are out there?  Please?  It's not that hard to start drawing conclusions from even the more innocuous comments if enough of them are made.

Repeating.

• Like 1

Trailer got no reaction for me at EG Thursday night, but to be fair none of them really did. 

the last time i heard of any kind of reaction to a trailer it was infinity war and those were light clapping. Everything else tends to be giggles

5 minutes ago, zazeron said:

spoilerish stuff

Please dont. There are people like me who dont even want to know/see hints outside the official marketing material.

• Like 2

I've never seen or heard reactions to trailers in my life. People go to movies to see THAT movie and besides the occasional whisper of "it's star wars" I've NEVER heard people clap or cheer about a friggin' trailer. For anything. Ever.

My showing of EG didn't have the trailer for SW nor did it for Lion King.

The trolls are really, really going to try to take down The Rise of Skywalker and their first mission will be to spread spoilers as much as they can. I just know it. 

Screw people sometimes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Trailer got no reaction for me at EG Thursday night, but to be fair none of them really did. 

It always fascinates me when people try to use trailer reactions at cinemas as an argument. From my experience most people are just annoyed when the trailers start (here its normally 10-15 trailers before the film starts), because they want to see the damn movie they payed for lol.

• Like 3