CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

If I were a semi-respected director I would be wary of signing for any of these movies. It feels like this franchise is leaving more scarred victims in its wake behind the camera more than anything else.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=patty jenkins&src=typd

Holy shit on Twitter I'd argue that Patty Jenkins is easily the most favorite name to take over. Regardless if it happens or not that it's surreal and a testament on how talented she is AND how amazing Wonder Woman is. This is just surreal. 

10 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

My heart could not take it.

On one hand, HELL YEAH! to my girl getting such a nice gift (STAR FUCKING WARS!) for delivering the phenomenon that was Wonder Woman, but on the other hand...HELL NO! to anyone but Patty directing Wonder Woman 2 (although I am not horribly against the idea of Ava Duvernay doing it).

I'm torn about this too. In one hand, I think that Jenkins deserves this. She deserves to be the one to direct the first Star Wars film directed by a woman. It just feels right. But I want her to do Wonder Woman 2. I say get her and Ava in a room, let them toss a coin and that's how we choose. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

KK can take the credit of hiring and being the first female director of star wars.

KK after firing Trevarrow:

1df04a_339bb56fd4794a0e87ab308d605f2f8b.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=patty jenkins&src=typd

Holy shit on Twitter I'd argue that Patty Jenkins is easily the most favorite name to take over. Regardless if it happens or not that it's surreal and a testament on how talented she is AND how amazing Wonder Woman is. This is just surreal. 

Reading through those tweets, I remembered that Julie Taymor is still out there (and she has a very interesting directorial/artistic POV). I am surprised nobody has offered her a CBM yet.

Just now, aabattery said:

KK after firing Trevarrow:

1df04a_339bb56fd4794a0e87ab308d605f2f8b.

You mean she wasn't doing it before? :qotd:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm torn about this too. In one hand, I think that Jenkins deserves this. She deserves to be the one to direct the first Star Wars film directed by a woman. It just feels right. But I want her to do Wonder Woman 2. I say get her and Ava in a room, let them toss a coin and whoever and that's how we choose. 

LOL

True!!