CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

4 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

JJ will really surprise us with his third-act introduction of Reeey.

Tele coming in hot with the deepest of cuts from the old EU! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Is Thrawn in Episode 9?

Think the First Order military forces needs to be lead by a non comedian for once

0.0000000001 percent chance.  But it's a persistent fan dream in some quarters.

(and even if he is [and he isn't] he'd be much older so a portrayal by Matt Smith would be highly unlikely anyway]

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Not really impressive to be honest.

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

Do you guys think that if TROS turns out to be a great success people will eventually admit that Rian is a hack?

If TROS is a success (which I hope it is now when Georgey will be involved) I think the average grade for TFA will drop bad. People will realize how aggressively uninspired and how poorly executed TFA really is. Damn. 

6 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I think you would enjoy this very much:

I'll check it out when I got a half an hour to spare and appreciate it. 👍

• Like 1

Sometimes the internet can be wonderful 

Edited by DAR
  • Like 5
  • Haha 9

Son of a bitch

Nevermind not quite the same

Edited by DAR

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Son of a bitch

Nevermind not quite the same

:hahaha:

I ALMOST posted that pic from another tweet source though, but decided against it.  :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos

Ok I'm a dummy who totally misunderstood what we were getting lmao. So there's not going to be any BTS reel for this? Sadface.

This was pretty cool though, and I love all the variations they've done on the score for these trailers. This one in particular was particularly epic and helped set an awesome tone. Speaking of music, if you ever get the chance to hear it live, go for it. They had ANH and ESB In Concert here in May and it was absolutely breathtaking to hear those tracks live. 

As far as Rey goes I'm definitely not taking it at face value, but it's some great imagery and something to think about until the final trailer in (hopefully) October. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

the redlettermedia guys predicted way back that this movie is about time travel and the more i see of it the more i think "oh shit they might be right". which would be hilarious.

1 hour ago, langer said:

I hope everyone is ready for Clone Rey (both dark side Rey and regular Rey).  

Oh god, can we please have BOTH?!

8 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Ok I'm a dummy who totally misunderstood what we were getting lmao. So there's not going to be any BTS reel for this? Sadface.

No, you're good. There was a lot of misreporting going on, even after the footage was presented at D23 on Sat, so it could be confusing if you weren't playing close attention.

Best as I can figure it, so many folks (in the media and out) expected a BtS sizzle reel at D23 that some kept calling it that even after it became clear this was more of an All Saga Trailer/Promo Reel.

That it's not quite a trailer/teaser doesn't help, either.  Even the official channel is just calling it a "Special Look".

Best to just call it the All Saga Trailer and be done with it, even if it isn't actually a trailer.  All Saga Promo Reel might also work, I suppose.

• Thanks 1

I just saw the trailer.  Once again no Rose, and secondly I absolutely believe Rey is good. No way does she go dark.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Already posted literally five posts before yours. ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

No, you're good. There was a lot of misreporting going on, even after the footage was presented at D23 on Sat, so it could be confusing if you weren't playing close attention.

Best as I can figure it, so many folks (in the media and out) expected a BtS sizzle reel at D23 that some kept calling it that even after it became clear this was more of an All Saga Trailer/Promo Reel.

That it's not quite a trailer/teaser doesn't help, either.  Even the official channel is just calling it a "Special Look".

Best to just call it the All Saga Trailer and be done with it, even if it isn't actually a trailer.  All Saga Promo Reel might also work, I suppose.

That's good to know, thanks. I'm definitely not as up with Star Wars as I am the MCU so I was going by what we'd had previously. I assumed we wouldn't see this trailer, so it's cool that it got released.

• Like 1