CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

I was just talking about the trailer with my friend (and she spoiled me about something by accident. Dammit), and she mentioned the Star Destroyers being Imperial ones (I'll have to take her word for it, I'm not a ship person), but that made me think of the Aftermath trilogy. And now I feel like re-reading it just in case...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

How is the tiny resistance going to take down all those Destoyers lol? They look a bit outnumbered. 

Ghost Luke will go full Super Sayan/Thanos and destroy the fleet with the Force.

Edited by The Futurist

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Is Thrawn in Episode 9?

Think the First Order military forces needs to be lead by a non comedian for once

Very doubtful. We haven't got the resolution to Thrawn's story prior to the ST so it would be very strange for him to show up suddenly in Episode 9.

Also gonna use this opportunity to shout out Lars Mikkelsen's excellent voicework as Thrawn in Star Wars Rebels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Star Wars fans so predictable 

"Its horrible, TLJ killed everything, new film will tank, don't even want to see it"

*a few generic Star Wars shots set to Williams music w/ zero real dialogue or story info*

"OMG!!!!! TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!!!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Maybe because there's SO much in the All Saga Trailer but I don't recall seeing any/much discussion about the Vader Breath at 1:42 or so?  Right after the "nears its end" bit?  Just signifying the coming darkness of Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Rey?  Or was that a clue in plain sight?

Any theories/thoughts on that?  Given it is an All Saga Trailer, I'm hesitant to read too much into it.  But it does make me wonder.

Edited by Porthos

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Maybe because there's SO much in the All Saga Trailer but I don't recall seeing any/much discussion about the Vader Breath at 1:42 or so?  Right after the "nears its end" bit?  Just signifying the coming darkness of Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Rey?  Or was that a clue in plain sight?

Any theories/thoughts on that? 

Dark Reey is a clone from Anakin and/or Luke's severed hand :Venom:

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

Its probably a vision or dream like when luke sees his fasha in the cave, dark rey would be 1.) too good for star wars and 2.) feel to abrupt in 1 movie

• Like 1

The new teaser was awesome but did anyone else yawn at the funky double bladed lightsaber evil looking Rey was wielding? I'm not a fan of gimmicky new takes on lightsabers. Darth Maul's double bladed one was cool but I thought Dooku's curved hilt was stupid and I'm not a fan of Kylo's lightsaber with the guard either.

I know I'm being nitpicky and it's not going to affect my enjoyment of the film one bit. I guess I'm just traditional.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

Star Wars fans so predictable 

"Its horrible, TLJ killed everything, new film will tank, don't even want to see it"

*a few generic Star Wars shots set to Williams music w/ zero real dialogue or story info*

"OMG!!!!! TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!!!"

That applies to all kinds of fandom. Extreme hatred and extreme love go hand in hand.

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin

38 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

That applies to all kinds of fandom

I am sure the downtown abbey fandom is exactly like that (I imagine that many fandom does not have that level of extreme).

Edited by Barnack

Nice callback/mirroring/reversal:

EC7-DvFU0AAMtzV?format=jpg&name=large

As for Dark Rey, I strongly believe she's a vision of sorts so I'm putting my reasons in tags just in case. They are not actual spoilers just speculation:

Dark Rey looks rather old, vacant and skinny, not like bubbly, healthy and beautiful Rey. That tells me that this isn't real but kind of like "you join the dark side, you become more machine than a man" type of warning

If Dark Rey was real, where did the saber and outfit come from all of sudden? She would have to make her saber (that looks like Temple Guardian style from Rebels) and bleed the kyber. However, we've seen many scenes from various parts of the movie where she's with the blue saber, wearing white and being in company of other people. No time for this, sorry.

Dark Rey is dressed like female Kylo and has unstable saber like him. To me, that's a dead giveaway that she's a vision, either hers (you'll become like Kylo just not as pretty as him, maybe Dark Side is sexist? :lol:) or his (look what would happen to your Rey if she became like you). Regular Dark Siders have stable sabers. Only Kylo has an unstable one. So that's too much of a coincidence to be real.

John Boyega said that he planned to visit the set when Daisy was dressed like that but never had a chance, so this was his first time to see her fully done. That tells me that Dark Rey is a vision for if she was real, than narrative would require that she revealed herself to the good guys. And since they weren't there (if Finn isn't than certainly others aren't since he's her best friend and others are far less relevant), that likely means it's something just between Rey and Dark Rey (a test like the cave in ESB) or Kylo and Dark Rey (vision or test). 

Clone would serve the same purpose as real Dark Rey in that she shocks her friends and we know that's not happening. Clone would also serve the same purpose as a vision/test (Rey vs Rey) and since vision achieves that, no reason for convoluted cloning which is WTF in a bad way. Finally, if Dark Rey was a clone, why is she modeled after Kylo? Surely pure Dark Rey would have a stable saber? 

So my guess is this is a vision that serves as a catalyst for Rey, Kylo or both whether it;s induced by Palpatine or some benevolent Force Ghost as a warning. I don't think that more characters will know about it. It's one of those introspective moments or temptations that only involve who's directly connected to whatever introspection or temptation is about.

• Like 1

I feel like there hasn't been much passing of time since the story of the first movie began. Rey's story from her leaving that shithole planet seems just a few weeks at most to when she was lifting those rocks at the end of TLJ. Not a bad thing in of itself but the next movie will have to jump ahead *a lot* if they want her to feel like a seasoned Jedi. 

3 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I feel like there hasn't been much passing of time since the story of the first movie began. Rey's story from her leaving that shithole planet seems just a few weeks at most to when she was lifting those rocks at the end of TLJ. Not a bad thing in of itself but the next movie will have to jump ahead *a lot* if they want her to feel like a seasoned Jedi. 

"a lot" is officially confirmed to be just one year. SWCC panel.

update:

TWITTER: 17mil

YT: 11.6mil

INSTA: 0.9mil

FB: 5.5

together: 35.0 mil

better and better :)

Marek

Edited by Marek the Jedi
  • Like 3

TROS breaks EG OS and WW records. :hahaha: :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Edited by Valonqar

Image result for luke dagobah cave

JJ's mystery box is in full effect.  He wants us all to speculate that Darth Rey is some degobah Cave Luke as Vader vision.  Not gonnna be fooled.  JJ specifically showed us that scene because he wants us to questioned Rey's loyalty to the Light.   He's also mirroring the 3rd films of  the previous Trilogies:

Return of the Jedi:  Luke actually taps into the Darkside to beat Vader but rejects it in front of the Emperor

Revenge of the Sith:  Anakin is seduced by the Darkside and becomes Vader, Obi is unable to bring him back

Now again I'm not ruling out the Clone theory as Clones have been a huge part of the main series and the EU.  The Clone Theory states that Palpatine basically used Anakin's or Luke's DNA to try and make the perfect Jedi/Sith Solider ala Starkiller in "The Force Unleashed".   Rey could actually be a twin of Clones (One good/One Dark).  Which would explain her ties to the Skywalkers without her being Luke or Leia's daughter.   Again this is JJ using a mystery box but that is one of my theories.  Another theory is the Emperor possess Rey on some Exorcist type stuff and uses her body which makes her Darkside.   I also believe there is still hope for a Kylo redemption arc as he is technically a Skywalker with his mother being Leia.  

• Like 1