CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

32 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

this is the Citizen Kane of fan made vids. It's so well-edited and the lyrics are :rofl::bravo:

💎

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

this is the Citizen Kane of fan made vids. It's so well-edited and the lyrics are :rofl::bravo:

Auralnauts are masters of messing with dialogue and lip-synching.

@Plain Old Tele @MrPink I'm Bane yes, that's my name.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CloneWars said:

Honestly, I don't see how this will sway the opinions of certain fans. I think TROS will have epic meltdowns on the level of TLJ. For the casual audience, sure, I'm sure it will please, but there is a group of fans that will hate this movie no matter what. 

I think it's healthy for fans of a franchise to disagree about a film in a franchise...I dislike the whole "if you don't like something in a franchise you are not a TRUE FAN" routine as being really stupid......but the sad thing is SW fandom has become so toxic over TLJ there are some who have made up their minds to hate this before they even see it.

Am I the only one who had mixed feelings about TLJ....I thought it had some pretty serious flaws but also had some really good stuff.

Your periodic reminder that There Are Damn Good Stories being told outside of the movies and TV series, entry number 61278:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Your periodic reminder that There Are Damn Good Stories being told outside of the movies and TV series, entry number 61278:

Just a month and a half away from Resistance Reborn! I’m really looking forward to that book!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Lol, is this the first time Leia cared about Alderaan? For someone who just lost her parents and literally the entire planet, she seemed quite quirky and joyful in the next scene. That's why I disregard any "logical" issues with the sequels, 'cause there's always something stupider in the OT that no one mentions because those are classics.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

LOL, is that JJ and Daisy quote from before D23 trailer? For the trailer shows exactly where they fight. 

Edited by Valonqar

56 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

That looks amazing

Also is that Rey’s lightsaber in the corner? Is there a light side version of this?

Yes but I don't know if description is considered a spoiler for someone saw it but it isn't officially out yet. 

35 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yes but I don't know if description is considered a spoiler for someone saw it but it isn't officially out yet. 

Well I doubt it’ll reveal more than the merch poster. I think the only new thing for the dark side poster is the Sith Jet Troopers. I don’t think they’ve been officially revealed. But that’s such a minor spoiler and I doubt anyone will be surprised

11 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

:rofl::rofl:

Worst case indeed.

Comparing it to JPIII and Star Trek Beyond as it pales in compassion to Jumanji

Jumanji: The Next Level plays huge not just as a crowd-pleasing sequel to a surprisingly good predecessor, but as the prime holiday destination for kids, families and general audiences. Ditto Universal’s Cats, Blue Sky’s Spies in Disguise and Sony’s Little Women.

Star Trek Beyond earned 31% less domestically and 23% less overseas than Star Trek Into Darkness. Jurassic Park III earned 22% less domestically but 52% less overseas compared to The Lost World. Under this doom-and-gloom narrative, The Rise of Skywalker plays lukewarm enough to approximate the worst of both worlds. It earns 31% less than The Last Jedi ($620.2 million) in North America and 52% less than The Last Jedi ($712.36 million) overseas. That would give it a $428 million domestic cume and a $342 million overseas total for a $770 million global cume. That would be -42.2% from the $1.332.5 billion worldwide cume of The Last Jedi