CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

This movie looks beautiful.

Looks beautiful but the story is a mess... THE OVERALL story is. Has Anakin fulfilled that prophecy or not? Obviously not and needs to come back one last time. IMO is the only way to redeem this.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Looks beautiful but the story is a mess... THE OVERALL story is. Has Anakin fulfilled that prophecy or not? Obviously not and needs to come back one last time. IMO is the only way to redeem this.

If Anakin's force ghost comes back, I want him to be played by Hayden Christensen. That'd be a fun little happenstance.

• Like 1

Great trailer that managed to not give away all the big money shots!

Wow, never would have thought that Threepio would be the one to bring tears to my eyes!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Looks good, but I'm not impressed or excited. Definitely not "day one" movie, but perhaps "second weekend" movie.  I'm not rushing to watch it.

That's where I'm at...my boys are dying to see it, and my girls have told me they refuse to see it...so this will not be the Christmas movie, but we are discussing a post-Christmas possibility for them - not sure if I'll even pay full price or wait for a 2nd run theater showing around one of my boys' birthdays (they don't seem to care if they see it right away, they just want to see it:)...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

who did the voice over?

There are several:

Some nondescript voice starts off. Finn? Poe? They don't have distinctive voices.

Rey talks over some scenes and then to Kylo

Luke talks over some scenes

Emperor talks over some scenes

Luke and Leia voices end the trailer

I think that's it.

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

There are several:

Some nondescript voice starts off. Finn? Poe? They don't have distinctive voices.

Rey talks over some scenes and then to Kylo

Luke talks over some scenes

Emperor talks over some scenes

Luke and Leia voices end the trailer

I think that's it.

the voice in the beginning i did not recognize , Doctor Who actor, maybe, but can't see that it a trailer

24 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

the voice in the beginning i did not recognize , Doctor Who actor, maybe, but can't see that it a trailer

I watched again:

Finn:'It's an instinct...feeling...the Force brought us together"

Poe: we are not alone. good people will fight if we lead them.

Rey: people keep telling me they know me. no one does.

Kylo: but I do.

Palpatine: long have I waited. and now, your coming together, is your undoing.

Poe: what, what are you doing there 3PO?

3PO: taking one last look, sir, at my friends.

Luke: confronting fear is the destiny of the Jedi

Luke: Your destiny

Luke: the force will be with you

Leia: always

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man Looking forward to this one - we both are. It Does seem like they are keeping more quiet and under wraps about the film! But this trailer sucked us in with the feels and it's a good one too! Here's Our Reaction and Review to this breathtaking trailer! Hope ya like it! :)

• Like 4

visually looks pretty great but i don't like the characters they are just boring to me, the only one i kinda like is kylo so no very interested tbh

• Like 3

Twitter now has a TROS flair!!!

#TheRiseOfSkywalkerDisneyStarWarsROSLightSaber_Emoji.png

(much smaller on Twitter of course, blame the forum software. ;))

Edited by Porthos

The age old question that has vexed far greater minds then mine. 

To midnight, or not to midnight. 

• Like 1

What a great trailer! I was already looking forward to the movie but this trailer officially kickstarted the actual hype for me.

Unfortunately I haven't bought my ticket yet. Why? I actually don't know where I'll be haha! I have a few things in the works for Christmastime this year and I've yet to figure out where I'll be. I'll likely be in Vancouver, in which case I'll see it at the Scotiabank Theatre Vancouver, a theatre I absolutely adore! Lot's of memories. In fact, it would be a fitting venue at which to see the final chapter of this saga.

• Like 3

Strong start to ticket sales here in NZ. Already comping solid versus data I have from a few films both 3 days and 12 hours out from release not bad for a few hours of sales so far. 

Albany Event Cinemas - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker opening day (Thur 19/12/2019)first few hours of sale vs 3 days/12 hours to release of other films. 

0:01am  25/216

0:01am 30/216

0:01am GC 30/30

9:00am 9/216

10:20am 9/216

10:30am GC 0/30 

11:00am 10/216

11:20am GC 1/40 

12:20pm 11/216

1:40pm 10/216

1:50pm GC 0/30

2:20pm 3D 9/216

2:40pm GC 3D 4/40 

3:40pm 9/216

5:00pm 11/216

5:10pm GC 8/30

7:00pm 9/216

8:20pm 9/216

8:30pm GC 0/30

9.20pm 9/216

9.20pm GC 0/40 

10.20pm 9/216

Total  212/3294 (6.44%) 

Not bad for only being on sale for a few hours, the most notable thing is that only the small 216 seat cinemas are on sale so still plenty of room to grow with the bigger capacity theatres when they start going up for sale. Available seats are good as you can see compared the comps below. Also as you can see from the comps below (these three seemed the best that I had, I think TLK is the best comp personally) it’s early days but it has started very strong and should get better over the weeks leading up to release. I will do another update in about a week. 

Comps 

TLK 

Compared 3 days before 926/5338 (17.34%) = $1.17m

Compared 12 hours before 1831/5554(32.96%) = $591,654

Hobbs and Shaw

Compared 3 Days Before 139/1456 (9.54%) = $2.44m

Compared 12 Hours Before 361/3560 (10.14%) = $939,612

Joker

Compared 3 Days Before 160/1536 (10.41%) = $1.68m

Compared 12 Hours Before 446/2756 (16.18%) = $603,677

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1