CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

11 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

Collider is about to be finished.  Literally all the talent they have is leaving.  They’ve been on a steady downhill trend for a while.  Marc Fernandez talking Star Wars is insufferable. 

His entire Star Wars strategy seems to be aimed at getting the Star Wars Theory fans to watch his videos.  It's pretty pathetic.

• Like 2

Well I'm pretty sad that the Astros lost.  But I take solace that...

I TOLD YOU ALL!!! IT IS A FUCKING SIGN EVERYONE!!!! :ohmygod:

RALLY LIGHTSABER MEANS THAT THE RISE OF SKYWALKER IS GONNA MAKE ALLLLLLL THE MONIESS!!!!!!!!  :ohmygod:

(pics of Rally Lightsaber from the celebrations incoming shortly, I'm sure :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Well I'm pretty sad that the Astros lost.  But I take solace that...

I TOLD YOU ALL!!! IT IS A FUCKING SIGN EVERYONE!!!! :ohmygod:

RALLY LIGHTSABER MEANS THAT THE RISE OF SKYWALKER IS GONNA MAKE ALLLLLLL THE MONIESS!!!!!!!!  :ohmygod:

(pics of Rally Lightsaber from the celebrations incoming shortly, I'm sure :ph34r:)

And of course he brought it with him for his interview with MLBN:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3

Just walked into Terminator while the Star Wars trailer was playing. Walked out again. Waiting outside. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

The headline is a bit misleading since Bloodshot only lead in Facebook shares, which the article even points out has a lot to do with Vin’s huge presence on he site.

Edited by cookie

11 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Just walked into Terminator while the Star Wars trailer was playing. Walked out again. Waiting outside. 

I've been intending to see Terminator but this just makes me want to see it more. I really wanna see any of the trailers on the big screen so fingers crossed I get it. Although IMAX would basically guarantee it though since they only show trailers for IMAX movies, hmm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cookie said:

The headline is a bit misleading since Bloodshot only lead in Facebook shares, which the article even points out has a lot to do with Vin’s huge presence on he site.

Star Wars only really dominates on Twitter as Twitter is really only popular on a large level in the United States compared to FB and IG and such. 

In the rest of the world FB and IG is way more dominate over Twitter. 

Thread ban for @Gavin Feng @Valonqar @Ryan Reynolds @kitik Is over. 

Please keep this thread for discussions on TROS. Any posts/discussions regarding Benioff and Weiss or their Star Wars movie need to go in its own thread. Any post/discussions about GOT vs TLJ needs to go in the Franchise Wars thread. 

Enjoy!

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:32 PM, cookie said:

Josh Trank was a train wreck in the making KK if anything had the foresight to get rid of, I don’t get why he’s always lumped in with the others.

The story is that Marvel people..including Feige  saw a rough cut of F4F at Fox (which is SOP since Marvel handles the merchandise and other ancillary things for all Marvel movies, including those made by other studios) and,aside that the film sucked, got an earful from people at Fox about how big an alpha hotel and disaster Trank was, and they passed the word back to KK that she should not let him near a SW movie.

Edited by dudalb

I think this will be awesome and people will love it. 

$290M/$900M/$2.2B

That said Disney has been dumb to be so open about other Star Wars projects - certainly dampens the "OMG THIS IS THE LAST TIME WE CAN SEE STAR WARS AND HEAR THE MUSIC ON THE BIG SCREEN!" rush that REVENGE OF THE SITH so clearly had...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

That's the first time I'm hearing someone complain about Lucasfilm/Disney being "too open" when it comes to future Star Wars projects. Generally it is the complete opposite. Not that all that many people are talking about it.

I don't see how handling things any different would have helped with that though. I mean, would anyone really have believed Disney if they had said "oh by the way, this is going to be the last Star Wars movie"?

They didn't buy Lucasfilm and the rights to Star Wars just to bury the most important part of it soon afterwards. That wouldn't be in their interest, and that wasn't what Lucas had wanted from the sale either.

7 hours ago, excel1 said:

$290M/$900M/$2.2B

Im always for optimism but this breakdown would require a 1,3B OS number. For reference: TFA made a little more above 1,1B OS.

This is not happening even if the reception is mind-blowingly good. It would need China to explode but China will probably implode even more.

• Like 3

I can see a boost from Last Jedi both DOM and OS (minus China) but out-grossing Force Awakens sounds... implausible.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, excel1 said:

$290M/$900M/$2.2B

That said Disney has been dumb to be so open about other Star Wars projects - certainly dampens the "OMG THIS IS THE LAST TIME WE CAN SEE STAR WARS AND HEAR THE MUSIC ON THE BIG SCREEN!" rush that REVENGE OF THE SITH so clearly had...

0.00% chance this gets anywhere near 900 let alone sniffs 2.2 billion. 

That's even with me watching it 3-4 times again after the polarizing TLJ and trash of Solo. This may be the fake end of the Skywalker saga but that doesn't mean it's going to translate in the general audiences rewatching this multiple times. 

10 hours ago, excel1 said:

They've been cancelling movies, doesn't that protect the fake finale aspect instead?

10 hours ago, excel1 said:

$290M/$900M/$2.2B

It will be a maxi-Jurassic World?