CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

I don't follow the logic of Mandalorian being good marketing for TROS. Someone please explain that to me (unless it's because they are showing TROS clips in front of Mando on D+). 

Yeah the two are SW properties. But beyond that? Cannibalizing marketing may be more accurate.

1 minute ago, jedijake said:

I don't follow the logic of Mandalorian being good marketing for TROS. Someone please explain that to me (unless it's because they are showing TROS clips in front of Mando on D+). 

Yeah the two are SW properties. But beyond that? Cannibalizing marketing may be more accurate.

Its bad, according to Iger cause he says there is star wars fatigue 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Its bad, according to Iger cause he says there is star wars fatigue 

*sigh*

That's not what he meant, and you know it...

There has always been additional Star Wars content around at the same time as the movies. The issue was releasing many movies theatrically in short order, NOT having additional Star Wars content elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Last night in Philly, when Mandalorian had their special look dropped on TV, ticket sales got a massive boost compared to the past couple days (55 yesterday, compared to the 20s for the past couple days). Seems like that helped to me.

Episode IX hype should be marketing for The Mandalorian which is marketing for Disney+. Shouldn't be the other way around but it is.

10 minutes ago, George Parr said:

*sigh*

That's not what he meant, and you know it...

There has always been additional Star Wars content around at the same time as the movies. The issue was releasing many movies theatrically in short order, NOT having additional Star Wars content elsewhere.

What I really meant is that I have been sick of all the Mando this and Mando that and NOTHING for TROS in terms of new TV spots, international trailer, etc. I mean-there's the FINAL saga film coming in six weeks and....crickets crickets.

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

What I really meant is that I have been sick of all the Mando this and Mando that and NOTHING for TROS in terms of new TV spots, international trailer, etc. I mean-there's the FINAL saga film coming in six weeks and....crickets crickets.

That didn't refer to you, it referred to Iger. Ryan Reynolds twisted Iger's words into meaning something he didn't mean at all.

Beyond that, your take is a bit of an exaggeration. The Mandalorian got a very short push right before its release, i's not like this has been going on for weeks or months. Seeing how the initial reactions for the show are, and the slight push for TROS ticket-sales that seems to happen, they might have correctly counted on this release working as a boost for the movie as well.

You really should stop worrying that much. The marketing will be just fine. They aren't going to sit around and do nothing for TROS. You just saw what they did for The Mandalorian, there really is no reason to assume that they won't spam tv-spots for TROS very soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

I don't care about Mando either (seen the spoiler...lololololol) but they do this all the time. There was nothing for TLJ when they were pushing RO. I remember fans expecting teaser with RO and it never happened. So now that mando is out of the way, they'll start TROS marekting any day. Some publications are covering TROS this month and we should start seeing spots with new scenes plus international trailer. 

Guys, please keep Mando news, discussion,etc out of TROS thread. people think it updates because some promo dropped and then disappointment. There's a Mando thread. 

The main reason Disney is holding off the huge marketing push for TROS is spelled  FROZEN 2. Disney wants media attention focused on Frozen 2, not TROS.  Right after Thanksgiving , the big publicity marketing push for TROS will begin.

I think any kind of coordination with the Maldorian is a minor consideration. You know, people, things outside the SW franchise do exist.

The original Han shooting first scene was PERFECT. It told you everything you needed to know about Han Solo in one brief action. Every single change to it since has diminished the scene and the character. It makes me sad knowing that with Disney +, the version a lot of kids are going to see for the first time is horrendous. This version is even worse than the 1997 one.

Edited by EmmaPeel
  • Like 1

From Chris Terrio:

There was almost nothing on this film that you could dream of that couldn’t be done. you could have something that sounded like the most outrageous idea, and have one meeting with the designers and they would come back with concept arts for it. And then suddenly they were building a set based on some crazy idea that u thought could never actually be realized.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

John Boyega and Daisy Ridley will appear on BBC's Children in Need live fundraiser in the UK on Friday the 15th. According to BBC's website:

Star Wars fans need to watch out for some of the cast of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega challenge YouTuber Colin Furze to make a real working land-speeder from the first ever movie.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/50182732

Edited by EmmaPeel
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, CloneWars said:

So, what are people's thoughts on yet another change to A New Hope

That was awful lol

When me and my friend went to that scene because we heard there was another change, and then we saw it, we both looked at each other with that whole WTF face :lol: