CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

16 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

EKaxI0dU4AAczFL.jpg:large

Poster is weird,  is the smokey half face suppose to be Luke? 

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

7 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

It's definitely luke

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

6K42cRW.jpg

2 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

Yep, only 30% of toys on sheleves because of spoilers I beleieve I read somewhere.  There will be more post release.  Kinda like they did with a certain Mandalorian character. 

I’m hoping that since it’s been spoiled all over Twitter, they don’t hold back the plush toy version of that Mandalorian character from UK stores, my partner would cry tears of joy if I can get her one for Christmas.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Star_Wars-_The_Last_Jedi_Japan_Premiere_

Star Wars has been Johnsonned.

Not sure there s a going back from this, not sure JJ can pull off a second miracle for Disney either.

But I am like George Lucas, still a bit hopeful.

Ironically Knives Out has a good score on Maoyan and will likely do well in China.

1 minute ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

Ironically Knives Out has a good score on Maoyan and will likely do well in China.

Yeah, Johnson doens't give 2 fucks. His movie is raved by critics and audience (inlcuding people who didn't like TLJ). 

The worst thing about The Last Jedi is the endless mindless bickering it causes.

• Like 4

The Media blitz has begun. Disney made major buys for TROS yesterday during the National Football League Thanksgiving Day Games....it seemed that every other commerical break had a TROS ad.

And ad time for that does not come cheap.

Anybody with any knowledge of how films are marketed could have told you Disney would not begin the blitz for TROS until  after Frozen 2 had opened.

Disney has 2 potential billion dollar Holiday films, and is going to be careful to see they interfere with each other as little as possible.

• Like 1

BTW big hot rumor is that JJ Abrams has signed a deal with Warners and will be  heavily involved with the DCU. Take it for what it is worth.

31 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I don't think Rose is with them on that planet, lies?

Probably just threw her on the poster so ppl wouldn’t complain. 

I would say out all of all the new characters the ones that would definitely endure are Rey, Kylo Ren and funny enough probably BB-8. Much of it due to the fact their looks/costumes are easily distinguishable and iconic now.

• Like 3

Agreed. 

They are trying to make that hairdryer droid D0 happen but I don't think he will. 

@Knights of Ren yep, marketing isn't concerned with who is where. R2 isn't on that planet either judging by this:

ie_13635.jpeg&

Edited by Valonqar

Just rewatched Attack of the Clones, and boy this movie is cringe as hell!  That also doesn't stop me from absolutely loving it hahaha.  I see why it gets sucha negative rep from people, but I have always really enjoyed it since I was a kid.  The overall story is very strong, even if execution isn't always there.  I had a smile on my face the entire time watching it, George had such an amazing vision with the PT.  8/10!

• Like 1

I've mentioned before that I'm not a Star Wars fanboy and I didn't grow up with the franchise - and so, on that note, I just finally watched The Last Jedi (thinking I should probably be prepared to check out the last film of the Skywalker saga next month). And uh... huh, it is really good! As a non-fanboy, I think I found it to be the most compelling Star Wars film I've seen (granted, I can't remember the last time I've watched any Star Wars film, other than The Force Awakens, which I saw with my Dad when it opened).

The film is thematically compelling, with I think the most moral complexity and the most surprises. I didn't feel like I knew exactly where the movie was headed from the beginning. It felt like it had something to say. And then beyond that the film had good humour, was visually interesting, and frankly, just had some really cool 'Force' stuff represented in the film (that I don't remember seeing in any previous films). I enjoyed the dynamic between Rey and Kylo Ren here, and I actually find myself interested in seeing where they will take this in the last film.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Not Cool 1