CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

11 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

So yeah it doesn't really make sense that the First Order would reign days after destroying Hosnian Prime. 

This is a very terrible argument, I heard it from some welsh youtuber quite a bit ago and thought he was joking but no seriously, it wasn't satire... do these people not understand English? Reign has a multitude of meanings in varied amounts of context, Reign also Implies Predominant which means either present as the strongest element or exerting power or control, these are your two basic definitions of Reign. The context of the film tells us it's the former because TFO is the only present superpower in the galaxy.

So no The First Order "Reigns" does make sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cheebs86 said:

You are going to be there opening weekend. Just like every single person who still complains about TLJ two years later.

No one, and I mean *no one* believes people like you are going to actually boycott the finale of the Star Wars saga. The return of Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine. The return of Billy Dee Williams as Lando. One final time seeing Mark Hamill as Luke, Carrie Fisher as Leia, & Anthony Daniels as Threepio. And potentially many others kept under wraps (See Warwick Davies as Wicket in the behind the scenes video for example).

No fan is boycotting this movie. None. Zip. Zero. No matter how much they pretend they are online.

im really excited for people like you to be wrong

• Like 2
  • Not Cool 1

8 hours ago, Cheebs86 said:

You are going to be there opening weekend. Just like every single person who still complains about TLJ two years later.

No one, and I mean *no one* believes people like you are going to actually boycott the finale of the Star Wars saga. The return of Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine. The return of Billy Dee Williams as Lando. One final time seeing Mark Hamill as Luke, Carrie Fisher as Leia, & Anthony Daniels as Threepio. And potentially many others kept under wraps (See Warwick Davies as Wicket in the behind the scenes video for example).

No fan is boycotting this movie. None. Zip. Zero. No matter how much they pretend they are online.

But, to get a huge number, TROS will need more than the super fans.  Solo gave us the absolute minimum of a Star Wars movie - pretty much only the base showed up.  So, the base is huge.  But, it's not $600M+ DOM huge.  So, getting others to care who are not super fans is the trick to getting this to go sky high.

It's the purpose of the spots...to get random folks to care...(and to try not to piss off the borderline still-pissed base members at the same time:)...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cheebs86 said:

I never said I will boycott, I'm not a hater if that's what you mean. I wanted to say I need a confirmation from someone I trust if it's worth my time and money. I would love to hear from people: "I don't care about Ep. 7 or 8 but this was awesome".

Also I'm not complaining about TLJ, just expressed my (not positive) opinion on the movie.

10 minutes ago, misafeco said:

I never said I will boycott, I'm not a hater if that's what you mean. I wanted to say I need a confirmation from someone I trust if it's worth my time and money. I would love to hear from people: "I don't care about Ep. 7 or 8 but this was awesome".

Also I'm not complaining about TLJ, just expressed my (not positive) opinion on the movie.

If someone who loved TLJ says this movie is great, would you trust? 

• Like 1

The issue is not people who disliked TLJ not coming to watch this movie.

Its not like Endgame where the fanbase is united and super buzzed.

They may not see the film 2,3,4 times or really convince their friends and family to come along and watch this movie as much.

1 hour ago, misafeco said:

So, you want my opinion on Dec 26, when I take my super fan boys (I gave 7 a C+ and 8 a C-, so I think I fall in your category:)...FWIW, I gave Rogue One a B- and Solo a B, so I guess I've been liking the offshoots more:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IcaroRibeiro said:

If someone who loved TLJ says this movie is great, would you trust? 

Looking forward to your review, but not sure. :D

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, you want my opinion on Dec 26, when I take my super fan boys (I gave 7 a C+ and 8 a C-, so I think I fall in your category:)...FWIW, I gave Rogue One a B- and Solo a B, so I guess I've been liking the offshoots more:)...

I have pretty much the same grades for 7 and 8, liked Rogue One a little bit more than Solo (both solid B, RO maybe even B+).

• Like 2

Having deep vendetta against a franchise you’re a fan of and boycotting it because Disney let Rian Johnson make his masterpiece sounds pretty dumb to me!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Having deep vendetta against a franchise you’re a fan of and boycotting it because Disney let Rian Johnson make his masterpiece sounds pretty dumb to me!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

This is a very terrible argument, I heard it from some welsh youtuber quite a bit ago and thought he was joking but no seriously, it wasn't satire... do these people not understand English? Reign has a multitude of meanings in varied amounts of context, Reign also Implies Predominant which means either present as the strongest element or exerting power or control, these are your two basic definitions of Reign. The context of the film tells us it's the former because TFO is the only present superpower in the galaxy.

So no The First Order "Reigns" does make sense.

It's upsetting how many times I've had to explain this to people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ZackM said:

It's upsetting how many times I've had to explain this to people.

So would you say you reigned on their parade?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

So would you say you reigned on their parade?

Reigned over their parade.

• Thanks 1

(semi xpost with the Tracking thread)

The Rise of Skywalker Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-11 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

4*

59.21%

* NOTE:  If a showing only has wheelchair and/or wheelchair companion seats left, it is counted as a sellout

Total Sellouts Added Since Thr

Total Seats Sold Since Thr

T-11 Adjusted Comp #1 (EXTREMELY LOL FOR CM - DON'T USE THERE FOR MUCH OF ANYTHING)

%

Sold Since Thr

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

CM

2/87

6845/10930

37.37%

70.21m

EG

11/243

5975/24576

75.69%

44.69m

TROS (adj)

n/a

4/210

9401/23256

59.58%

n/a

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: TROS (adj) is the ticket data at the same theaters I had tracking info for Captain Marvel and Endgame

THEATER NOTE: If a theater in the region was not open for the above movies but is for TROS it WILL be counted as part of this adjustment.

PRE-SALES NOTE:  TROS had 60 days of pre-sales while Endgame had 24 days of pre-sales.

T-11 Adjusted Comp #2 (VERY LOL - DON'T USE FOR MUCH OF ANYTHING)

%

Sold Since Thr

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

IW

3/118

3422/11295

69.70%

60.68m

Solo

1/87

5944/9348

36.41%

50.74m

TROS (adj)

n/a

4/210

6890/19139

64.00%

n/a

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: TROS (adj) is the ticket data at the same theaters I had tracking info for Infinity War and Solo.

THEATER NOTE: If a theater in the region was not open for the above movies but is for TROS it WILL be counted as part of this adjustment.

PRE-SALES NOTE:  TROS had 60 days of pre-sales while Infinity War had 42 days of pre-sales and Solo 21 days of pre-sales.

---

Comps so far off of Final Totals (spoilered for space)

Spoiler

of:

%

Final Sold

TROS Sold

Comp

DP2

28.01m

Solo

29.83m

JW:FK

30.09m

AM&tW

30.22m

Venom

28.68m

CM

27.18m

EG

31.19m

TLK

29.03m

It 2

26.92m

AVG

29.06m

NOTE: FINAL SOLD is the amount of tickets sold at stop of tracking for the given movie and TROS SOLD is the amount of tickets sold so far at the same theaters I had tracking info for the movie in question.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

When are they unleashing the reviews??

Dec 1718th 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Dec 17th

Actually Dec 18th 12AM Pacific/8AM UTC. So unless you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or some various Pacific islands, not on the 17th

5 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Actually Dec 18th 12AM Pacific/8AM UTC. So unless you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or some various Pacific islands, not on the 17th

Is the premiere on the 17th then?