CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

Me trying not to open that spoiler thread...

giphy.gif

God damnit why do you have to make it look so tempting?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I’m pretty sure climbing out of the pit and doing the sacrifice kiss is real and will be on the lips.

If so, oooh boy. There are going to be some heated discussions about that...

37 minutes ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

im going to be honest with you. i sincerely  cant tell if this is supposed to be for cats or TROS.

CATS, obviously. You can run but you can't hide.

Image result for cats movie gif

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

I had to trace back to what I said that could have been construed as being a mistake and realized it was a trailer bit. I apologize as I REALLY didn't know that saying anything about a publicly released trailer was off limits. My bad! I figured since it was posted it was free game. Sorry about that!

No it's fine, you didn't do anything wrong. I just had unreasonable expectations regarding discussion about the marketing materials. But the onus is on me to be more careful/avoid reading the thread.

I honestly want to see how all this goes down, success or failure.  I'm aware of the spoilers already out there, didn't it open in Japan tonight, a week early?  I hope someone from Japan can post in here and confirm if the leaks are true or not.

Anyone else reading this crap and thinking JJ will ruin Star Wars for good Game of Thrones style.

According to them, Palpatine is alive because of all the previous sith spirits , and Rey is aided by the spirits of all the Jedi ( even Mace Windu who never learned how to become a spirit). So this is part of some long chess game between Jedi and Sith and jedi ultimately win. This is pretty stupid and it has the potential to ruin any Old Republic movies.

• Like 4

(semi xpost with the Tracking thread)

The Rise of Skywalker Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-7 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

62.18%

SELLOUT NOTE:  If a showing only has wheelchair and/or wheelchair companion seats left, it is counted as a sellout

Total Sellouts Added Since Sun

Total Showings Added Since Sun

Total Seats Added Since Sun

Total Seats Sold Since Sun

T-7 Adjusted Comp #1 (EXTREMELY LOL FOR CM - DON'T USE THERE FOR MUCH OF ANYTHING)

%

Sold Since Sun

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

CM

0/116

8209/12893

36.33%

64.80m

EG

18/243

5107/24576

79.22%

45.19m

TROS (adj)

n/a

5/213

8786/23448

62.53%

n/a

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: TROS (adj) is the ticket data at the same theaters I had tracking info for Captain Marvel and Endgame

THEATER NOTE: If a theater in the region was not open for the above movies but is for TROS it WILL be counted as part of this adjustment.

PRE-SALES NOTE:  TROS had 60 days of pre-sales while Endgame had 24 days of pre-sales.

T-7 Adjusted Comp #2

%

Sold Since Sun

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

Solo

1/92

6399/10146

36.93%

48.53m

TROS (adj)

n/a

5/213

6407/19303

66.81%

n/a

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: TROS (adj) is the ticket data at the same theaters I had tracking info for Solo.

THEATER NOTE: If a theater in the region was not open for the above movies but is for TROS it WILL be counted as part of this adjustment.

PRE-SALES NOTE:  TROS had 60 days of pre-sales while Infinity War had 42 days of pre-sales and Solo 21 days of pre-sales.

---

Comps so far off of Final Totals (spoilered for space)

Spoiler

of:

%

Final Sold

TROS Sold

Comp

DP2

29.49m

Solo

31.41m

JW:FK

31.68m

AM&tW

32.20m

Venom

30.35m

CM

28.76m

EG

33.00m

TLK

30.72m

It 2

28.49m

AVG

30.68m

NOTE: FINAL SOLD is the amount of tickets sold at stop of tracking for the given movie and TROS SOLD is the amount of tickets sold so far at the same theaters I had tracking info for the movie in question.

Daily xpost updates here starting tomorrow through approx 4:30pm on Thr.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

JJ Abrams needs to have Rey Palpatine sUbVeRt eXpeCtaTiOnS at the end and redeem Shuck-Emperor Palpatine back into the Light. It's the only way to bring this disaster of a trilogy full circle into hilarity.

On a more serious note, if the leaks are almost completely accurate, I'm going to say (with about ninety percent certainty) the general public is going to leave this movie thinking, "There's way too much shit going on in this movie." To be honest, some of the leaks wouldn't be all that bad............... if they had taken place and fleshed out at a slower pace in the second movie - where they were supposed to - instead of them having to be bullrushed into the finale, because the Most Brilliant Director EVER couldn't be bothered to write a script that didn't thoroughly annihilate the corny, but definitely salvageable, plot lines set up by its predecessor.

Edited by I Am
  • Like 1

Only read the leaks concerning the ending which they sound bad but not gonna really judge or even believe their validity until the actual film of course. Probs I'll peace out til I see the film.

• Thanks 1

Mandalorian is a show where absolutely nothing happens, Episode 9 is a movie where it sounds like way too much happens. Weird over-correction.

• Haha 4

The only spoiler I gathered from the German BK thing is that

whoppers come with fries IF you want them

Edited by jedijake

8 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Oh, just a few little tidbits like:  

- Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter

- Kylo turns to the light after Rey beats him

- the dark side kidnapped the light side kids to turn them against their parents

- Kylo and Rey team up against Palpatine

- Palpatine had Rey's parents killed

- Rey sees the murderer's ship leave

- Hux is executed for helping the heroes

- Rey has healing powers

- Kylo dies

- bad guys are using Rey's anger

- Rey accidentally kills Chewie, but then revealed she didn’t actually

Gonna assume most this isn't true. Could pull it off with some fancy filmmaking beats but that's too much of a mess... Even for Abrams.

9 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Oh, just a few little tidbits like:  

- Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter

- Kylo turns to the light after Rey beats him

- the dark side kidnapped the light side kids to turn them against their parents

- Kylo and Rey team up against Palpatine

- Palpatine had Rey's parents killed

- Rey sees the murderer's ship leave

- Hux is executed for helping the heroes

- Rey has healing powers

- Kylo dies

- bad guys are using Rey's anger

- Rey accidentally kills Chewie, but then revealed she didn’t actually

I don't understand. Burger King showed clips of these things or just messaging people spoilers?

15 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Gonna assume most this isn't true. Could pull it off with some fancy filmmaking beats but that's too much of a mess... Even for Abrams.

It’s all seeming *really* true so far. From a very detailed breakdown that keeps lining up perfectly with officially released stuff from after the breakdown was released.

2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I don't understand. Burger King showed clips of these things or just messaging people spoilers?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

The leaks aren't from Burger King they're from reddit, they appeared about three months ago and predicted a lot of things that happened in the final trailer so most people think they're legitimate.

German burger king took those reddit posts and made a marketing campaign with them, without collaboration from Disney so ofc no clips.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

The only spoiler I gathered from the German BK thing is that

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

😮 do you pay less if you don't want fries? This is very important.