CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | NO SPOILERS | Reviews Page 651 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, in a nutshell: every Skywalker dead. The end is Palpatine's grandchild claiming the Skywalker name.

Why is this even called Rise of the Skywalker when they're all dead? 

I think Star Wars fans won't enjoy it, but general audiences might like it 

It would have been better titled the Rise of Rey, the title as it stands basically makes Skywalker some kind of honorific title now, and not a surname. *shrugs*

• Like 1

Just now, Madhuvan said:

I think we should stop using 'agenda' everytime. 

Then what should one say when falsehood is being promoted?

These very mixed reactions falsehood people can easily disprove my list. Just post the reaction and compare it to my rating. It is that simple.

Edited by jb007

1 hour ago, jb007 said:

Is it too hard to read the tweets I have listed? Or would you prefer to make stuff up.

Since we're talking about reading tweets, here's an interesting collection

https://twitter.com/jowrotethis/status/1168960780970188806

https://twitter.com/jowrotethis/status/1206829007519404032

https://twitter.com/jowrotethis/status/1206845283889344512

This is not a collection of tweets that imply positive feelings about ep 9. What this says is "i liked episode 8 and this was terrible.  Loved these two characters, though!" Where you got "positive" from the original tweet is proving to be quite a riddle. 

Edited by Bobbybuilderton

Apprently Knights of REN aren’t Luke’s surviving students and a comic retcons it that all of the students were killed. Wtf!

The  most shocking thing is that supposedly Driver has very few lines in the movie. 

Maybe I'm wrong but for me it looks like after TLJ Ridley and especially Boyega were pissed and jealous about attention and spotlight which Adam and Kylo received in last movie and in the way how he overshadowed them. So in that movie their dear friend JJ is course correcting in this area to satisfy them. 

I wouldn’t suprise me, they are telling everybody how big bffs they are with Abrams at every turn and after all Abrams disovered them and gave them careers, they are his "project".  Ridley herself amditted that JJ changed things in the movie to carter her wishes. 

Driver said that much of his performance is not in the text, turns out he meant it literally. 🤣

Also not suprising now why he almost didn’t promote this movie at all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'm not sure, in the scene where you do hear lots of voices speaking to Rey there is certainly lots of old characters speaking. I think to really get a breakdown of who it is speaking and what they are saying we'll have to wait for the home release. I thought I heard Luke/Anakin and Yoda, my +1 said they heard Obi-Wan but I didn't. 

Thanks. Chris Terrio promised that they would honor Vader's redemption/sacrifice in this movie. Is it true?  Do they in any way talk about Vader/Anakin?

1 minute ago, Bobbybuilderton said:

Since we're talking about reading tweets, here's an interesting collection

https://mobile.twitter.com/jowrotethis/status/1168960780970188806

https://mobile.twitter.com/jowrotethis/status/1206829007519404032

https://mobile.twitter.com/jowrotethis/status/1206845283889344512

This is not a collection of tweets that imply positive feelings about ep 9. What this says is "i liked episode 8 and this was terrible.  Loved these two characters, though!" Where you got "positive" from the original tweet is proving to be quite a riddle. 

It is hard to tell with the extra tweets what her rating is one way or the other. I will disregard it.

It is still 20 out of 25 Positives i.e 80% Positives +Very Positive and Raves. Where are the very mixed reactions being claimed by some here and other places?

Edited by jb007

Think is, the MCU movies in no way have the same insane expectations to live up to that a SW movie does (IW/EG withstanding)

There’s plenty of MCU movies that are just ok that early twitter reactions gushed over.  People expect the second coming with Star Wars. 

• Like 2

Well, we'll know more with the press screenings across the country today. It sure seems it's not gonna get the critical reaction of TFA and TLJ but I'm not surprised. If I glean anything from the reactions it is that it is overstuffed which was my worry/assumption. But it seems like may find it's footing later on which is no surprise.

14 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It would have been better titled the Rise of Rey, the title as it stands basically makes Skywalker some kind of honorific title now, and not a surname. *shrugs*

It's a really dumb title. 

i'm just happy i will see the movie before the embargo so i won't have any pre-determined thoughts 

This movie seems like it's gonna generate some high quality meme content.

SW need to stop reacting and just tell stories. ST is a reaction to PT. That's why TFA was a copy of ANH with far less compelling characters. The  TLJ became reaction to criticism that TFA was too safe and derivative. Now TROS is a reaction to TLJ backlash that it went too outside of SW box or whatever. And putting movies on hiatus is reaction to Solo bomb. Stop reacting. That's your problem, LFL. Grow a pair and go forward with what you envisioned. But that's the catch ins't it? There's no vision, no plan and it shows.

• Like 3