CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever | Now on Digital!

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

23 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

A little off topic, but I agree on Solo being a phenomenal film.  Its my second favorite film/show of the Disney era.  It didn't get anywhere near the recognition it deserved.  

Yeah I will always resent it for bombing but the film itself was full of heart, adventure and fun

• Like 1

This press tour reminds me of Age of Ultron's press tour, it had some "colorful" nuggets to it to say the least. Granted, I forgot most of them.

But in the age of internet where we hyper analyze every little thing to outrageous degrees, maybe we should just stop with press tours.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

I am an oldz so I will rely on someone else to let me know how the whole Fortnite/Star Wars promotion is going down.

Gonna be some sort of special event on Sat and it was just promoted on The Game Awards.

34 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I don't believe this was posted earlier as too many folks on this thread were busy getting annoyed at one another at the time:

Higher quality version of the Special Look here: https://www.amazon.com/adlp/theriseofskywalker

(no easy way to embed it, near as I can tell)

I really love this rendition of the Star Wars theme used here (and that was originally used so well in the trailer). I wish it was available for purchase/download.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I am an oldz so I will rely on someone else to let me know how the whole Fortnite/Star Wars promotion is going down.

Gonna be some sort of special event on Sat and it was just promoted on The Game Awards.

BTW, gonna be an "exclusive scene" from TROS on this:

though if I had my bet it won't be that long. Scene is such a relative term, after all. But who knows.

Either way, expect the net to be flooded with discussion about that as the event is going on/after it's over.

• Like 1

ARRIVED, FINALLY IT HAS.  We are only ONE WEEK away from the most anticipated event of the year:

CATS!

Based on one of the longest running Broadway Musicals of all times, CATS has a loyal litter of fans.  OG Fans from the 1980s, fans from the 1998 VHS Tape, and fans here for the meme and macabre of the new movie.  For some this isn't just a Musical.  It's work of art they deeply love and are deeply invested in.  And, with a franchise as iconic as CATS, everyone's bound to come at it with their own baggage and agenda.  Some are ONLY here for Victoria and her personal journey.  Others only want to ship Taylor/Her Oscar.  A few only care Andy Blankenbuehler did the choreography.  And that's cool.  Everyone's emotions are valid, and I suspect, we're in for a rollercoaster of emotions over the next two weeks.  

What's not cool is when you get your claws out to attack another members because they don't feel exactly how you feel.  We will have none of that.  

Other thing we ask is that you keep the Les Miserables bashing to a minimum.  We know.  Tom Hooper's Les Mis is the worst movie of all timeIt is an affront to art and a blemish on the history of movie musicals.  But we have had that discussion many, many, many, many, many, many times.  Please try and keep this discussion about CATS.

So, TL;DR:

• No Personal Attacks
  • Try To Keep This About Cats
  • Anyone who posts Spoilers Outside of THIS THREAD will receive a threadban without prior warning
  • Have Fun

All right.  Let's Do This:

giphy.gif

(Oh, and obviously, this is the TROS Spoiler Thread.  Welcome!)

• Haha 5
  • Astonished 2
  • Disbelief 1

=====

That is to say.... see you all in a week! 👍 :lol: 

• Haha 1

I really have no idea how the GA will handle this. 

I actually suspect they'll like it a lot.

But given how, ALLEGEDLY, panicky reactionary members of reddit and elsewhere are acting, I thought heavily mocking all of that handwringing was an appropriate First Post. ;) 

(okay, leaving for good now)

Edited by Porthos

Also I wasn’t going to see this in theaters anyway, I read the spoilers, they seem medium-medium bad to me but can never really tell fan/GA reaction just from a text recap.

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

I had to trace back to what I said that could have been construed as being a mistake and realized it was a trailer bit. I apologize as I REALLY didn't know that saying anything about a publicly released trailer was off limits. My bad! I figured since it was posted it was free game. Sorry about that!

It happens. I know I'm a spoiler nazi and even I accidentally let things slip sometimes. Some people do it on purpose for kicks but you're obviously not one of those. 

I apologize as I REALLY didn't know that saying anything about a publicly released trailer was off limits. 

It’s not.

I figured since it was posted it was free game.

It is.    

It appears that some people would prefer for even marketing to get tagged, but I hope this doesn’t become a trend in the future. It sounds exhausting and means having to unckick so many more boxes just to follow along with people having a discussion that isn’t even about spoilers.

Personally hated the leaks, especially the last update from JP, but we still don't know how accurate they are. Maybe the final product will be different. Also I still don't understand why Burger King did this and why Disney approved it. Seems like such a ridiculous way to market a movie, irregardless of the validity of the spoilers. 

9 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Im out of the loop, what did Burger King spoil

Oh, just a few little tidbits like:  

- Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter

- Kylo turns to the light after Rey beats him

- the dark side kidnapped the light side kids to turn them against their parents

- Kylo and Rey team up against Palpatine

- Palpatine had Rey's parents killed

- Rey sees the murderer's ship leave

- Hux is executed for helping the heroes

- Rey has healing powers

- Kylo dies

- bad guys are using Rey's anger

- Rey accidentally kills Chewie, but then revealed she didn’t actually

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

Honestly, just going purely off the leaks, this movie sounds insanely stupid. If Chris Terrio didn’t write the movie, I would’ve had serious trouble believing in their legitimacy. To be clear, I’m not necessarily saying that as a bad thing. Sure, the movie sounds like a mess that tries way too hard to address the problems people had with TLJ, but it does at least sound pretty far from boring. It easily sounds like the most out there film of the entire trilogy, which might be a good thing, depending on how it plays out on screen.

Also, I don’t know of the legitimacy of this, but some additional alleged details about the movie have popped up on Reddit. The most WTF thing there is the bit about Kylo Ren giving up his life force to save Rey, and then apparently kissing her before he dies (though it doesn’t say if it’s on the lips). 

• Like 1