CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever | Now on Digital!

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

7 hours ago, Porthos said:

(semi xpost with the Tracking thread)

The Rise of Skywalker Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-7 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

62.18%

SELLOUT NOTE:  If a showing only has wheelchair and/or wheelchair companion seats left, it is counted as a sellout

Total Sellouts Added Since Sun

Total Showings Added Since Sun

Total Seats Added Since Sun

Total Seats Sold Since Sun

T-7 Adjusted Comp #1 (EXTREMELY LOL FOR CM - DON'T USE THERE FOR MUCH OF ANYTHING)

%

Sold Since Sun

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

CM

0/116

8209/12893

36.33%

64.80m

EG

18/243

5107/24576

79.22%

45.19m

TROS (adj)

n/a

5/213

8786/23448

62.53%

n/a

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: TROS (adj) is the ticket data at the same theaters I had tracking info for Captain Marvel and Endgame

THEATER NOTE: If a theater in the region was not open for the above movies but is for TROS it WILL be counted as part of this adjustment.

PRE-SALES NOTE:  TROS had 60 days of pre-sales while Endgame had 24 days of pre-sales.

T-7 Adjusted Comp #2

%

Sold Since Sun

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

Solo

1/92

6399/10146

36.93%

48.53m

TROS (adj)

n/a

5/213

6407/19303

66.81%

n/a

ADJUSTMENT NOTE: TROS (adj) is the ticket data at the same theaters I had tracking info for Solo.

THEATER NOTE: If a theater in the region was not open for the above movies but is for TROS it WILL be counted as part of this adjustment.

PRE-SALES NOTE:  TROS had 60 days of pre-sales while Infinity War had 42 days of pre-sales and Solo 21 days of pre-sales.

---

Comps so far off of Final Totals (spoilered for space)

Hide contents

of:

%

Final Sold

TROS Sold

Comp

DP2

29.49m

Solo

31.41m

JW:FK

31.68m

AM&tW

32.20m

Venom

30.35m

CM

28.76m

EG

33.00m

TLK

30.72m

It 2

28.49m

AVG

30.68m

NOTE: FINAL SOLD is the amount of tickets sold at stop of tracking for the given movie and TROS SOLD is the amount of tickets sold so far at the same theaters I had tracking info for the movie in question.

Daily xpost updates here starting tomorrow through approx 4:30pm on Thr.

Couple questions in the final table. Why would TROS sold be different for each comp?

In the other tables do the numbers for other films represent the final numbers or the numbers also 1 week out? Like EG is tickets left/tickets sold the final number or the number at this point? 

14 minutes ago, Lucas said:
  Hide contents

😮 do you pay less if you don't want fries? This is very important.

Well, you get less spoilers at least!

If you get apples instead of fries, you get fake spoilers.

BK leaks are taken from JediPaxis leaks. They are 100% true, already confirmed in all spots, trailers, other material and score. The score alone really lines up with the latest leak from the guy who told JediPaxis he saw the movie. The track titled Farewell lines up with pitcrawl and resurrection because character motifs are in it. 

My beef with TROS as per leaks is the following:

Jannah Calrissian is totally uneeded reveal. Like, WTF? Unless they want a D+ show with her, why is that shit in the movie anyway? It's a repeat of Finn's story (Storm trooper defects from FO and then fights for freedom) but with a cool Katniss who's a secret daughter of a popular character. Who asked for that?

Zorii Bliss exists only to assure that Poe is unambiguously straight. Again, nothing she does couldn't have been done by a different character. But they wanted to emphasize that he totally isn't LGBTQ (despite actor's and fandom support for Gay Poe) which is super odd. Like, if you won't have an openly gay character, fine, but why make this one so explicitely straight when his appeal is in sexual ambiguity?

Rey Rey Skywalker. 

039e539e7d75a92f_stupid.gif

Titanic made sense, Rey Rey Skywalker doesn't for she wasn't that close with Luke and Leia whom she is supposedly tributing.

Kylo/Ben Solo dies. Unnecessary. I get they are going with Reverse Anakin (gives his life force to save rey's life) but it's still unnecessary and ROTJ redux of sorts. Also, unsatisfying af that all real skywalkers are dead while a Palpatine is taking their name and carries on. 

So Rey of Desert Planet X becomes Rey of Desert Planet Y. Bloody hell, JJ.

So Sheev is brought back only to die like a bitch. His return should have been a longer running arc not some last movie thing.

JJ should have revealed Rey as Palpy's granddaughter in TFA like he originally wanted. It would have saved the fandom from parentage discourse and give Palpy arc time to breathe

Convoluted plot with 500 McGuffins.

100000000000 fakeout deaths. 

Hux's aboutface is lame af. helping the resistance escape please lol gimme a break.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 8

Kylo/Rey kiss sounds right out of a Twilight novel. Ha ha. I think though the recent leaks are bullshit but the earlier leaks  are likely real 

Just now, John Marston said:

Kylo/Rey kiss sounds right out of a Twilight novel. Ha ha. I think though the recent leaks are bullshit but the earlier leaks  are likely real 

recent leak said Kylo arrives to Exogol via red tunnel. The new spot shows his TIE Whipser flies out of a red cloud. 

recent leak said that combind forces of FO and Sith Fleet are called Final Order. Palpatine says in a Spanish spot "execute Final Order".

recent leka said that palaptine was all Sith spirits or something. The new spot implies it with "I have been all voices you've ever heard"

recent leak said that Kylo crawls out of the pit after Rey defeats palaptine. Track titled Farewell (22) comes after 20 (Sights - likely when Rey hears jedi voices) and 19 (Coming Together - when Rey and Kylo confront palaptine and he yeets Kylo into the pit). it starts with Kylo's theme and later we hear rey's theme so these 2 characters are definitely in the scene where this theme plays.

So something is up. I mean, people can believe in theory that leaks were written from marketing materials but that doesn't stand anymore and doesn't explain why John Williams tracks (titles and character cues) match leaks to a T.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Reverse Anakin (gives his life force to save rey's life)

Uhhh, isn’t this.... not-reverse Anakin?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Uhhh, isn’t this.... not-reverse Anakin?

Anakin didn't give his life force to Padme, he force choked her. Kylo dies after he resurrects Rey while in PT Padme died for she lost the will to live. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Anakin didn't give his life force to Padme, he force choked her. Kylo dies after he resurrects Rey while in PT Padme died for she lost the will to live. 

It’s the opposite of RotS, but ultimately Anakin did give his life to save Luke’s (as part of a battle with Palp in his throne room, no less).

• Like 1

Just now, Arendelle Legion said:

It’s the opposite of RotS, but ultimately Anakin did give his life to save Luke’s (as part of a battle with Palp in his throne room, no less).

yes but the big theme of PT was Anakin falling to the dark side in order to prevent padme from dying, the "love won't save you, padme, only my new powers will." To learn the power of stopping death. Rey and Kylo have always been comparable to Anakin/Padme than Vader/Luke. Vader did save Luke but not in the, how can I put it, literal resurrection way. he interfered before Palaptine could kill Luke but Luke wasn't dead. This is a literal life swap. So in the end, "I will finish what you started" is going to be Ben learning the power to stop the ones he loved from dying but in the right way, by using the light side, by being selfless. or someshit. I get what they are doing but it's hard to explain. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

So what happens to the Knights of Ren. Cannon fodder I assume. Any of them stand out from the descriptions?

Kylo kills them all. he shows up on Exogol and they block his path. becuase he's unarmed, he takes the beating even though he uses the Force. So Palaptine tells his granddaughter that she's alone unlike Luke who had his father with him, but she senses ben's presence in this moment:

ep9-ff-001663.jpg

meaning she isn't alone so she sends him leia's saber through their Force Bond and he kills all KoR. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

So what happens to the Knights of Ren. Cannon fodder I assume. Any of them stand out from the descriptions?

Kylo fights them before helping Rey against Palpatine

If you've heard the FYC score it’s almost impossible to imagine that the JP leaks aren’t true. Including the last minute kiss+sacrifice one. Just a couple days til we get someone in here who’s actually seen the damn thing.

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Gonna assume most this isn't true. Could pull it off with some fancy filmmaking beats but that's too much of a mess... Even for Abrams.

Why is this so hard to believe?  Since when has JJ been good at landing anything?  He's good at the setup, he's good at generating the mystery.  He's good at kinetic action that feels visceral.  If you look through the library of his work, the resolution to his setups are almost always weaker than where it starts.

I think couple that weakness of his with a ton of studio notes and 9-movie, 3-trilogy requirements being put on him and the logical result is a movie that will probably be overly long and "epic", overly crowded, and potentially... probably... not that satisfying in the end.  This movie will need to check a bunch of boxes, and he's going to be performing the feat that he's least good at.

I know how that sounds, but I'm not 100% convinced yet it's going to be completely horrible either.  Endgame was a movie that was also overly long and epic, had a ton of notes and requirements, and it was clumsy... clunky... imperfect.  But they (more or less) stuck the landing.  It did what it needed to do and was pretty good overall.

• Like 1

Confirmed kiss is a lesbian kiss between 2 nameless rebels

Posisble Reylo kiss of life from latest leak (supported by Farewell/22 track)

Possible Dominic/Billie kiss (their characters are a couple)

Possible Finn/Rose or Finn/jannah

we know that Zorii rejects Poe's attempt to kiss her/hint they should. latest leak said that a lot of people were kissing so he thought they should to but she turned her head away. 

source of kiss answer end of this vid from 23:23 mark:

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Franklin808 said:

Couple questions in the final table. Why would TROS sold be different for each comp?

Adjusting for theaters. Just means he tracked less theaters for those movies, so he only compares those theaters.

1 hour ago, Franklin808 said:

In the other tables do the numbers for other films represent the final numbers or the numbers also 1 week out? Like EG is tickets left/tickets sold the final number or the number at this point? 

The T-7 numbers are the numbers also 1 week out.

• Like 1

So the Reylo kiss is definitely happening I guess 🤮. Ugh. Looks like I'm skipping this movie. 

1 hour ago, REC said:

Why is this so hard to believe?  Since when has JJ been good at landing anything?  He's good at the setup, he's good at generating the mystery.  He's good at kinetic action that feels visceral.  If you look through the library of his work, the resolution to his setups are almost always weaker than where it starts.

I think couple that weakness of his with a ton of studio notes and 9-movie, 3-trilogy requirements being put on him and the logical result is a movie that will probably be overly long and "epic", overly crowded, and potentially... probably... not that satisfying in the end.  This movie will need to check a bunch of boxes, and he's going to be performing the feat that he's least good at.

I know how that sounds, but I'm not 100% convinced yet it's going to be completely horrible either.  Endgame was a movie that was also overly long and epic, had a ton of notes and requirements, and it was clumsy... clunky... imperfect.  But they (more or less) stuck the landing.  It did what it needed to do and was pretty good overall.

Endgame didn’t have an ending that sounds like it’s right out of Twilight though 

So, I watched the newest clip and admittedly it starts off pretty cool... and then the rest of the movie shows up.