CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever | Now on Digital!

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

7 hours ago, John Marston said:

fans don't hate everything. Rogue One and The Mandalorian were overwhelmingly well received by fans. Fans just won't accept any shit thrown at them. 

6 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

those have no expectations and no established characters to ruin, acceptance is easier. 

Exactly correct.  

I wonder if JJ edited the movie to make Finn even more beta than usual out of revenge for the lost script. :lol: Like, how else you justify a character "arc" that's literally this:

Reyyyyy!

she runs from Finn towards Kylo

Reyyyy!

she Force-pushes Finn far from her then tells Kylo she would take Ben's hand

Oh no Reyyyy!

She sucks Ben's face.

Reyyy!

She hides on Tatooine with BB8

On top of that, we have that moronic attempt to tell Rey that he is Force Sensitive while drowning in the sand :rofl: that never got the payoff so everyone who didn't read JJ's explanation (translation: almost everyone in the world) thinks Finn tried to tell Rey he was in love with her.  That gotta be the biggest beta in history of cinema. :hahaha:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

On top of that, we have that moronic attempt to tell Rey that he is Force Sensitive while drowning in the sand :rofl: that never got the payoff so everyone who didn't read JJ's explanation (translation: almost everyone in the world) thinks Finn tried to tell Rey he was in love with her.  

You actually believe JJ's explanation??  I think it's horseshit.  

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:

You actually believe JJ's explanation??  I think it's horseshit.  

Well John "teen shippers are to blame for Finn's beta orbiter status" Boyega confirmed JJ's explanation and he's the paragon of honesty when it comes to ST problems, the Mark Hamill 2.0. So I'd say it's true. 

9 hours ago, Cap said:

Reylo Kiss Nearly Cut

THAT.  IS. NOT.  HOW. IT. WORKS!!!!!!!!!!1

How is that not how it works? Especially with the ST.  The fandom is split on most things.  Can’t please everyone.  Kylo and Rey’s relationship/dynamic/connection had always been the heart of the trilogy and actually gave it a storyline, so it’s not really surprising they went that direction.  

which fits in SW's fairytale origins. People tend to forget that. 

57 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Well John "teen shippers are to blame for Finn's beta orbiter status" Boyega confirmed JJ's explanation and he's the paragon of honesty when it comes to ST problems, the Mark Hamill 2.0. So I'd say it's true. 

If there wasn't the scene with Finn too embarassed/shy to tell her in front of Poe, I might believe it.  However, that scene plays out like he's trying to tell her his true feelings.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't know any other reason to keep up this bit throughout the movie.

PT:  A Skywalker wants to save the one he loves from dying.  Gets power hungry and chooses power over love (Not just Padme, Obi Wan loves him as a brother). 

ST: A Skywalker saves the one he’s loves from dying.  He has all the power in the world and is the supreme leader.  Chooses he wants love (family in Han and Leia, and girl in Rey) over this power. 

It’s basically just the inverse, I don’t see how people feel it is a huge reach.  Seemed clear as day to me after TLJ.  Some smarter than me were able to connect it during TFA.  

12 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

PT:  A Skywalker wants to save the one he loves from dying.  Gets power hungry and chooses power over love (Not just Padme, Obi Wan loves him as a brother). 

ST: A Skywalker saves the one he’s loves from dying.  He has all the power in the world and is the supreme leader.  Chooses he wants love (family in Han and Leia, and girl in Rey) over this power. 

It’s basically just the inverse, I don’t see how people feel it is a huge reach.  Seemed clear as day to me after TLJ.  Some smarter than me were able to connect it during TFA.  

Anakin :Duty over Booty

Ben/Kylo: Booty over Duty

In John Boyega words, Piping Rey is the biggest fantasy of Kylo Ren. 

Seriously John Boyega is salty af. There was no need to mess up with harmless Reylo fans. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Anakin :Duty over Booty

Ben/Kylo: Booty over Duty

In John Boyega words, Piping Rey is the biggest fantasy of Kylo Ren. 

Negative.  He redeemed himself because of his family.  Seems like Rey’s biggest fantasy is getting with Ben just as much as his is getting with her?  She’s the one who initiates the stuff at the end 🤷🏻‍♂️.   He saved her knowing that it would kill himself.  Seems pretty unselfish to me.

Edited by Knights of Ren
  • Haha 1

Just now, Knights of Ren said:

Negative.  He redeemed himself because of his family.  Seems like Rey’s biggest fantasy is getting with Ben just as much as his is getting with her?  She’s the one who initiates the stuff at the end 🤷🏻‍♂️.   

This all is so funny. 

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Seriously John Boyega is salty af. There was no need to mess up with harmless Reylo fans. 

White Women are a hell of a drug

2 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

You must have missed the news when they were making threatening calls to Adam Driver's irl wife. 

• Like 1

Based on their relative merits, Rogue One and Solo's box office revenues should have been switched.

15 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

You must have missed the news when they were making threatening calls to Adam Driver's irl wife. 

Refutes Fandom Menace allegations in full detail (it's along string of tweets):

Also, Driver's wife has nothing to do with Boyega's spending his NYE blaming Reylos for his unpopular beta orbiter character. 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Refutes Fandom Menace allegations in full detail (it's along string of tweets):

Also, Driver's wife has nothing to do with Boyega's spending his NYE blaming Reylos for his unpopular beta orbiter character. 

Oh ok, it wasn't the reylos, it was the daivers. I am totally convinced now that they are not loonies.

Posted (edited)

YT clickbaits as usual. Nothing to see. 

I bet that Frosty's promise to write an expose on TROS BTS mess is also going to be trash. I'm referring to:

Learned a lot in the past few days about the behind-the-scenes at Lucasfilm. A lot of the blame on #TheRiseOfSkywalker falls on Kathleen Kennedy and Michelle Rejwan. Might do a story. Saying that, it was J.J. who came up with bringing back Palpatine. Which was a huge mistake pic.twitter.com/sBhBein4i8 — Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) January 4, 2020

Edited by Valonqar