CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever | Now on Digital!

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

Clone Wars

KOTOR

ESB

Rebels

Mandalorian

Rogue One

meh

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Valonqar said:

you'll see, one day, we will find out that TLJ was setting up movies beyond IX. It's just that LFL panicked after Solo bomb and TLJ backlash and decided to wrap it up. hence why TROS felt like 2-3 movies worth crammed in one.

2-3 movies crammed in one? Do not really think so... it felt crammed but more because of the different set pieces that apparently had to be checked and not because there was that much plot to tell.

The now leaked ideas for "Duel of the Fates" make much more sense than what we ended up with. Whether the execution would have been better might be doubtful. But the ground ideas make so much more sense.

1. Star Wars
  2. Return of The Jedi
  3. Empire Strikes Back
  4. The Rise of Skywalker
  5. The Force Awakens
  6. The Phantom Menace
  7. The Last Jedi
  8. Rogue One
  9. Revenge Of The Sith
  10. Solo
  11. Attack of the Clones

The Mandlorian just under TLJ

• Like 2

1. Empire Strikes Back

2. The Last Jedi
3. Rogue One

4. A New Hope

5. The Rise of Skywalker

6. Return of the Jedi

7. The Force Awakens

8. Revenge of the Sith

9. Solo

10. The Phantom Menace

11. Attack of the Clones

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatt was right said:

I know it isn’t a popular opinion, but the more I think about this film, more I fucking love this film. Here is my Star Wars ranking:

11 Attack of the Clones
10 The Phantom Menace
9  Solo
8 Revenge of the Sith 
7 Rogue One
6 Return of the Jedi
5  A New Hope 
4 The Force Awakens
3 The Rise of Skywalker 
2 The Empire Strikes Back
1 The Last Jedi

I genuinely think that the passing of time will be good for TRoS, and as someone that loves The Last Jedi, I don’t get how people don’t see the sequel trilogy is in fact cohesive. This is one of the rare cases where my opinion diverges from critics for a blockbuster of this size, I feel even kinda ashamed of saying out and I’m not looking for heated arguments about the film. I just wanted to give my 2 cents about this film because it pleased the fuck out of me and the more I think about the whole saga, the more I love it.

I think TROS builds off TFA and TLJ. It makes both films better, it definitely bumped my appreciation of TLJ up. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Clone Wars

KOTOR

ESB

Rebels

Mandalorian

Rogue One

meh

Oh, if we're playing that game than:

1. Rebels Season 2
  2. Rebels
  3. Clones Wars Animated Series
  4. Revenge of the Sith as the Live Action Finale of Clone Wars
  5. Rogue One
  6. Empire Strike Back
  7. The Last Jedi
  8. A New Hope
  9. Attack of the Clones as the Live Action Premiere of Clone Wars
  10. Clone Wars Animated Movie
  11. The Mandolarian
  12. Return of the Jedi
  13. The Phantom Menace
  14. Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
  15. Solo
  16. The Force Awakens
  17. The Rise of Skywalker
  • Haha 1

A big problem with TLJ is it forgot to be a Star Wars movie. You dont build up for a dual between Ren and Luke, get everyone on the edge of their seat in excitement only to be fooled. Its a Star Wars movie, people want the goods. They should have also done more with that hacker guy as he just became pointless, that twist literally made 30 mins of that movie a waste of time just for the purpose of having a twist 

1. Revenge of the Sith

2. The Last Jedi

3. The Empire Strikes Back

4. A New Hope

5. Solo

6. Return of the Jedi

7. The Force Awakens

8. Attack of the Clones

9. The Rise of Skywalker 

10. The Phantom Menace 

11. Rogue One 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

A big problem with TLJ is it forgot to be a Star Wars movie. You dont build up for a dual between Ren and Luke, get everyone on the edge of their seat in excitement only to be fooled. Its a Star Wars movie, people want the goods. They should have also done more with that hacker guy as he just became pointless, that twist literally made 30 mins of that movie a waste of time just for the purpose of having a twist 

So you go against everything you set up in the first two hours of the film, and have Luke go completely out of character, just to deliver a fan service lightsaber duel?  No thanks, that’s how you end up with a dumb/meaningless movie like TROS.  Luke was never going to go fight his Nephew, who he already views that he failed once.  Luke being able to project himself shows way more growth and in character for himself than if he had showed up on Crait with ole Green lit up and beat Kylo in a duel.  Being able to defeat/trick the entire FO without having to even fight is a peak Jedi act.  But we really wanted Luke to fight his family member and try to kill him for good?  That doesn’t follow what Star Wars is all about at all.  Would have been a really negative moment for Luke and go against the whole premise of TLJ.  RJ kept the movie narratively sound, instead of rediculous fan service all over the place. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

So you go against everything you set up in the first two hours of the film, and have Luke go completely out of character, just to deliver a fan service lightsaber duel?  No thanks, that’s how you end up with a dumb/meaningless movie like TROS.  Luke was never going to go fight his Nephew, who he already views that he failed once.  Luke being able to project himself shows way more growth and in character for himself than if he had showed up on Crait with ole Green lit up and beat Kylo in a duel.  Being able to defeat/trick the entire FO without having to even fight is a peak Jedi act.  But we really wanted Luke to fight his family member and try to kill him for good?  That doesn’t follow what Star Wars is all about at all.  Would have been a really negative moment for Luke and go against the whole premise of TLJ.  RJ kept the movie narratively sound, instead of rediculous fan service all over the place. 

Im not saying they should have fought, im saying they shouldn't tease it. I agree it would have been out of character, kinda like obi wan fighting Anakin..

Its still star wars, known for its epic light sabre duals, i doubt it would have been that difficult to include one and make a decent story to go with it. Sometimes you need a bit of fan service otherwise you end up with a poorly recieved movie like this. 

EOZHEfrW4AANBPo.jpg
EOZGcpUX4AAnT-d.jpg

couple images from the Art of TROS.  The Oracle was cut from the film and shouldn’t have been.  That opening sequence is so choppy and could have used it to help make more narrative sense.  Also appears redeemed Ben was suppose to have facial hair which makes me think it was suppose to be a time jump.  Movie clearly doesn’t represent their original ideas and you can tell it got hacked with heavy in post. 

9 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

Im not saying they should have fought, im saying they shouldn't tease it. I agree it would have been out of character, kinda like obi wan fighting Anakin..

Its still star wars, known for its epic light sabre duals, i doubt it would have been that difficult to include one and make a decent story to go with it. Sometimes you need a bit of fan service otherwise you end up with a poorly recieved movie like this. 

We just got the throne room sequence with Snoke and the guards just before that, which imo is better than any lightsaber battle in the ST.  How else was the resistance going to survive without Luke doing what he did?  I don’t see how they could have really done it any different without Luke acting OOC. 

1. Star Wars

2. Return of the Jedi

3. The Empire Strikes Back

4. Revenge of the Sith

5. Attack of the Clones

6. The Rise of Skywalker

7. The Phantom Menace

8. Solo

9. The Last Jedi

10. Rogue One

11. The Force Awakens

I put TFA separate because it is the only film I have disliked, I like all the others.

Also I don't' consider the animated clone wars to be a film just because it got a theatrical release.

4 hours ago, Zatt was right said:

I know it isn’t a popular opinion, but the more I think about this film, more I fucking love this film. Here is my Star Wars ranking:

11 Attack of the Clones
10 The Phantom Menace
9  Solo
8 Revenge of the Sith 
7 Rogue One
6 Return of the Jedi
5  A New Hope 
4 The Force Awakens
3 The Rise of Skywalker 
2 The Empire Strikes Back
1 The Last Jedi

I genuinely think that the passing of time will be good for TRoS, and as someone that loves The Last Jedi, I don’t get how people don’t see the sequel trilogy is in fact cohesive. This is one of the rare cases where my opinion diverges from critics for a blockbuster of this size, I feel even kinda ashamed of saying out and I’m not looking for heated arguments about the film. I just wanted to give my 2 cents about this film because it pleased the fuck out of me and the more I think about the whole saga, the more I love it.

I think time will not be kind for TROS as it is a lot of fan-service. Works really well the first time but that shiny fan-service doesn't have the same effect second time round and definitely not years from now.

The sequel trilogy is not cohesive. Things are set up in the first film, thrown away in the second, and brought back in the third. New stuff that's set up in the second film is thrown away in the third. I am curious to how you think it is cohesive.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

We just got the throne room sequence with Snoke and the guards just before that, which imo is better than any lightsaber battle in the ST.  How else was the resistance going to survive without Luke doing what he did?  I don’t see how they could have really done it any different without Luke acting OOC. 

It was a good scene but made no sense seeing Rey become such a badass so early with no training for me. I agree they couldnt have done that different after everything he set up. What im saying is he should never have set that up in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, Ninenin said:

It was a good scene but made no sense seeing Rey become such a badass so early with no training for me. I agree they couldnt have done that different after everything he set up. What im saying is he should never have set that up in the first place. 

no training?

She literally spends the entire film training.... ?

?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

no training?

She literally spends the entire film training.... ?

?

It was the equivalent of me taking a few boxing lessons and becoming Muhammad Ali

• Haha 1