CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | 20 DEC 2019 | Worst reviewed live action Star Wars movie Ever | Now on Digital!

AndyLL

Talking about the leaks, not matter how vague, can lead to a thread ban if not spoiler tagged.

Message added by AndyLL

54 minutes ago, Warlock said:

What is the correct slang terminology for addressing a simple-minded individual that cannot or refuses to comprehend the issues addressed? I wonder. 

Getting triggered because people dont think the OT is perfect is as simple minded as it comes

I used to think I was a Batman fan after loving TDK trilogy but no, apparently I'm a Johnny come lately and not a real Batman fan because i thought the original was shit. 

Think before you hit submit 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

On 2/14/2020 at 1:01 PM, George Parr said:

Meh, a single creative lead can still do the very same things. ESB had quite a different tone from ANH, not to mention that there was a giant change in the story in that Vader wasn't a pupil of Obi Wan who had killed Luke's father, but instead was Luke's father himself. That's more jarring than any "retconning" in the ST.

Lucas basically threw a ton of stuff at a wall with every single movie, and then looked at what sticked. And if that meant claiming the opposite of what he had said before, so be it, he'll find a way to explain it in some form.

There is no need to make incorrect claims about something, or twisting things around, just to use it as argument against something else. If something didn't work out this time around, point out that it didn't work for you, don't try to change the past so  that it better fits yoru narrative. Claiming that one creative lead is more likely to create a consistent story than multiple creative leads is a valid point, though it isn't guaranteed to be true. Claiming that the PT was pre-planned while the ST wasn't, when that is obviously false, is not a valid point.

ok the most iconic moment in the Star Wars franchise is "jarring" and worst than bringing back Palatine from the dead to be Rey's father

I see lots of terrible Star Wars takes but this one is 👌

Edited by Alexdube
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

1 hour ago, Knights of Ren said:

I don’t get why people are still wondering about this. The movie made it pretty clear that it was just a hallucination. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t get why people are still wondering about this. The movie made it pretty clear that it was just a hallucination. 

If there's one thing the internet has taught me, it's that some people can't grasp something no matter how much a film tries to make it obvious. See also: the confusion over how time travel worked in Endgame despite a scene literally having a character say, "So Back to the Future's a bunch of bullshit?" after explicitly stating that you can't go back in time and change the past.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

That's funny, but I will say this: I wish Harrison showed a little more respect for a film franchise that launched his career. Not only that, no matter what kind of film you're in, know your film! Nothing is more cringeworthy to me than an actor who doesn't know or care about something fairly significant from the movie they're in.

Otherwise, he's awesome! I'm one of his biggest fans.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

That's funny, but I will say this: I wish Harrison showed a little more respect for a film franchise that launched his career. Not only that, no matter what kind of film you're in, know your film! Nothing is more cringeworthy to me than an actor who doesn't know or care about something fairly significant from the movie they're in.

Agreed. I don't need him to know the nerdiest shit but if your only scene in a film involves a fairly simple concept it's not that much effort to be aware of it.

22 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The movie made it pretty clear that it doesn't give a fuck what a Force Ghost is?:sparta:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 2

10 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

The movie made it pretty clear that it doesn't give a fuck what a Force Ghost is?:sparta:

Luke can use the force to pick up Red 5, and he can hold a lightsaber.  Me might as well have still been alive lol.  They had him looking like a smurf hippy though!

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

21 hours ago, JB33 said:

I think Harrison's comments are often tongue in cheek with SW

He took great joy in doing the press stuff for TFA, you could see it. 

• Like 1

For all my negatives with TROS, I did love this scene.  It brought the Saga full circle and gave the ST a purpose.  Ben achieved/finished what Anakin started, succeeding because it was selfless.  Anakin wanted the power and possession, while Ben was willing to throw away all the power and being able to to rule the universe to save Rey, regardless of the consequences.  

Edited by Knights of Ren
  • Like 3

On 2/15/2020 at 9:55 PM, Alexdube said:

ok the most iconic moment in the Star Wars franchise is "jarring" and worst than bringing back Palatine from the dead to be Rey's father

I see lots of terrible Star Wars takes but this one is 👌

Rey's father?? I saw probably different movie.....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

Rey's father?? I saw probably different movie.....

oh right... grandfather 

doesn't make much difference since the parents are basically non-existent characters

• Astonished 1

The force is pretty much whatever the current writers say it  is.

Let's face it, the force is one of the great Mcguffins of all time.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The force is pretty much whatever the current writers say it  is.

Let's face it, the force is one of the great Mcguffins of all time.

I don't see how it qualifies as a McGuffin. It's not really an item and it's used in many ways other than just being a trigger for the plot. Maybe you mean some other device?

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't see how it qualifies as a McGuffin. It's not really an item and it's used in many ways other than just being a trigger for the plot. Maybe you mean some other device?

Maybe McGuffin is the wrong word, but I do feel the Force has become a easy out for lazy writing.

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Maybe McGuffin is the wrong word, but I do feel the Force has become a easy out for lazy writing.

Yeah I don't think the force can really qualify as a maguffin or a plot device its since it's not something tangible that can be obtained, although I will agree it can be used as an easy excuse/reason as to why something just happens, just like magic. 

23 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

For all my negatives with TROS, I did love this scene.  It brought the Saga full circle and gave the ST a purpose.  Ben achieved/finished what Anakin started, succeeding because it was selfless.  Anakin wanted the power and possession, while Ben was willing to throw away all the power and being able to to rule the universe to save Rey, regardless of the consequences.  

More's the pity that Anakin and Ben never shared a scene together. heck, more's the pity that Anakin wasn't in TROS save as a voice that many didn't recognize. I'd love it if SW rectified that somehow in the future and on screen not in books or comic books. Prequelphobia needs to go away.

Bring home Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker only on Digital 3/17 & Blu-ray 3/31!

And the bonus. ;) 

tros-home-ent-hero-9-Movie-MOBILE.png