CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Teaser Page 172

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

unless he decided to change it after finding out about the stupid way his dad got his last name 

justified

I so want this movie to do way more than TLJ, so it can at least for a little moment shut up some people. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Lordmandeep

Sometimes i really dont know if your trolling or not aware of what youre writing. Or if you know it very well and just want to *watch the world burn* its often baffling to me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

should have been titled Skywalker Begins.

epic sensory reaction trailer, but the movie could still be bland.

tension and fear built as Rey (in the desert) jumps above Kylo, ...another one of those "don't end that way" moments.

Luke narrates it like it will be more spiritual then the others

The laugh could be anyone, Snoke could have been Kylos puppet in the face-off with Rey … (Dead Silence?)

Nothing from General Hux? (but Leia did have a message for him about his mother...was that moment like a Palpatine laugh?)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tawasal said:

The problem with minorities are that they are loud, but still insignificant. We just saw that with CM, and that twitter trend shows that again. Them being loud makes us question everything and then all we have is doubt and chaos in here. That they even connected Solo's underperformance to how poorly TLJ was received is the proof you need that they are just trolls and nothing else. 

the thought of  only minority are thinking TLJ was bad was truly unbelievable, you can say that to CM but not TLJ, a significant portion of people are underwhelmed.  That is why the film dropped 700m from SW7 despite the opening number was quite close.

Don't tell me that is because of SW7 made 2b, I didn't see Fallen Kingdom had a huge drop from JW, neither F8 drop huge from overperformed F7. And upcoming EG would prove that again, you won't be dropping 700m even your predecessor was 2b monster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Hey and here am i thinking that the whole OT was butchered ine Episode II Attack of the Clones anyway.

Why?

Because - of all characters -  JAR JAR BINKS was responsible that Palpatine got the power he needed to let his plan unfold.

Hehe, I never paid enough attention to ntoice this.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

@Lordmandeep

Sometimes i really dont know if your trolling or not aware of what youre writing. Or if you know it very well and just want to *watch the world burn* its often baffling to me.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Well one thing is for sure

The teaser will likely make SW discussion way less toxic now. 

You sound like a caricature that would appear in an Onion headline.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tawasal said:

The problem with minorities are that they are loud, but still insignificant. We just saw that with CM, and that twitter trend shows that again. Them being loud makes us question everything and then all we have is doubt and chaos in here. That they even connected Solo's underperformance to how poorly TLJ was received is the proof you need that they are just trolls and nothing else. 

they are loud, they are just not in control of the media

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

You guys know that each finale of each trilogy made much more than the 2nd instalment of that trilogy. 

Return of the Jedi Fox

$252,583,617

The Empire Strikes Back Fox $209,398,025

Edited by tawasal
  • Like 2

People complaining about the midair somersault crack me up. You do know Jedi are like superheroes right? Remember when Mace Windu took out that entire droid army with his bare hands? Yep I have no problem with the flip.

• Like 3

$730M DOM and $1.65B WW, which puts it roughly in line with the gains over the second in the last 2 trilogies. this would fit the pattern after TLJ fell broadly the same as Empire and AotC did.

• Like 1

Lol, this is the biggest retcon sequel of all time, just from that trailer. But it was a necessary evil, this already has washed so much of the foul taste of TLJ out of mouth. Letting my excitement build again, but still being cautious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

I actually really like the theory that Skywalker isn't referring to someone being a person named Skywalker, but that the Jedi are gone and they are now the skywalkers.

It sounds funny at first, but when you think about it, it makes a perfect amount of sense and it will carry the name forward and never be forgotten.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

This teaser could show a make-up Youtube tutorial or kittens fighting and people would still be hyped as fuck :

john-williams-1140x630.jpg

:bravo:😍:worthy:

• Like 4
  • Haha 17
  • Astonished 4

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, I remembered thinking that Snoke was just a Palpatine wannabe, so his death didn’t really bother me. 

This new series has kinda lacked in the strong villain department outside of Kylo I must admit. Captain Phasma also ended up being a nothing (and a waste of Gwendoline Christie). General Hux has allowed Domhnall Gleeson to engage in some amazing moments of scenery-chewing but that's it.

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Rian really is the best. 👍

• Like 3