CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Teaser Page 172

At least it's not being filmed in lame High Frame Rate, which makes people want to hurl.

Screw you Peter Jackson!

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

Disney to reportedly receive £41 million insurance payout after death of Carrie Fisher

Seems to suggest she would be in Episode IX. Even if she wasn't Disney can easily say she would have been in order to claim the payout.

If production follows Episode VIII then we're looking at a March 2018 start time (I doubt it's April 2017 as the link above suggests). Plenty of time to adjust accordingly.

Prayers and condolences to the Fisher and Reynolds families. 

Edited by lilmac

On 11/12/2016 at 10:13 PM, Mojoguy said:

At least it's not being filmed in lame High Frame Rate, which makes people want to hurl.

Screw you Peter Jackson!

Agreed!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2015 at 5:17 AM, Asyulus said:
On 10/6/2015 at 8:04 PM, antovolk said:

Bad release date, especially with Infinity War Part 2, LEGO Movie 2, and later in June, which is Justice League Part 2.

I have no doubt it'll move to December 2019. 

• Like 2

Yeah, December 2019 is guaranteed. Real question is whether it remains one movie or they pull an Infinity War and split it in 2? I wouldn't put it past any studio to split the "last" movie. 

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah, December 2019 is guaranteed. Real question is whether it remains one movie or they pull an Infinity War and split it in 2? I wouldn't put it past any studio to split the "last" movie. 

They won't.

• Like 3

On 1/1/2017 at 1:25 AM, lilmac said:

Disney to reportedly receive £41 million insurance payout after death of Carrie Fisher

Seems to suggest she would be in Episode IX. Even if she wasn't Disney can easily say she would have been in order to claim the payout.

If production follows Episode VIII then we're looking at a March 2018 start time (I doubt it's April 2017 as the link above suggests). Plenty of time to adjust accordingly.

Prayers and condolences to the Fisher and Reynolds families. 

Spoiler

I just heard from Collider movie talk, that something was released stating that Carrie Fisher's role was actually going to be bigger in EP IX than in EP VIII, and that there was going to be a major sequence involving Leia and Kylo Ren. which is a huge bummer for me. :(

Collider is just embellishing the original THR report. Basically, every site took that report and added or subtracted something in order to get a more clickable story. I listen to Collider podcasts and they don't have inside info nor are good at analyzing movies. It took some of them way too long to finally drop Rey Skywalker theory. Kudos to John Campea who was telling everyone she wasn't related to that family from the start. They are fun but you won't hear groundbreaking things. 

@Kalo

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

dunno why they keep doing this may song and dance when we know it'll be a december release

(i do know, it's to "reserve" the date for another movie. but still)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Releases on May 24 2019

I wonder why they're getting out of the December formula. Not only can they own the month, but the marketplace is larger. There's gonna be more June and July movies now to cut legs.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it moves to December 2019 and they replace it with another live action film. I suspect it's to stop another studio from putting a film there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

dunno why they keep doing this may song and dance when we know it'll be a december release

(i do know, it's to "reserve" the date for another movie. but still)

If Han Solo does not move to December, then I can see this staying. Reserving a date for a live action movie only works till they move it to December, then everyone else releases their movies there anyway as Tomorrowland found out the hard way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

It will move to December. Some spin off might take its place 

We won't have two Star Wars film in the same year. It'll be another Disney live action film

• Like 1

Yeah it seems silly that they're still pretending Han Solo and IX releasing a few weeks after an Avengers movie is a solid business decision