CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Teaser Page 172

All folks who detest the idea of Reylo to JJ and co right now:

3IvW0LG.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Damn, I was hoping I'd wake up to some kind of footage but all we have so far is a poster and a description. At least we have the BTS coming up in a couple of days but I really can't wait until October for when we'll (likely) get a full trailer. And I can finally battle for tickets, but I'm fucking ready for it, mate.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

tumblr_pwrfkfrn4l1sejmmmo1_400.png

When you're the protagonist and Reylos harass you into talking about your relationship with emo fuckboy for the millionth time as if he's the protagonist. When you haven't made it anymore clear how much you hate the idea of them together.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

Why does that poster look like the animated series Clone Wars?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Why does that poster look like the animated series Clone Wars?

Cuz cartoon-lookin' Palpy :Venom:

it's shocking how uninterested i am in this. and how worn down by star wars discourse in general i am. i just clicked to go to the latest unread post and i was near 100 pages behind this thread.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's shocking how uninterested i am in this. and how worn down by star wars discourse in general i am. i just clicked to go to the latest unread post and i was near 100 pages behind this thread.

died with Disney

wonder if they can revive it

Edited by IronJimbo

58 minutes ago, Porthos said:

All folks who detest the idea of Reylo to JJ and co right now:

3IvW0LG.png

I don’t have much of an opinion either way, but why is Reylo such a controversial idea to begin with? Is it just because people want her to be a Skywalker?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t have much of an opinion either way, but why is Reylo such a controversial idea to begin with? Is it just because people want her to be a Skywalker?

Without getting too deeply into it, a lot, though not all, of the people who are against the idea of a Rey/Kylo relationship are upset with the more... problematic aspects of Rey's and Kylo's interactions in TFA.  

Then there's the folks who just think Kylo is icky and bad and unredeemable for his own general actions in TFA and TLJ. 

Like, for some reason, being a ket part of a fascist Nazi-like regime as well as committing patricide of a beloved figure is a sticking point for some. Go figure.

There's other factors at play (like it's a tired trope of Good Girl Redeems Bad Boy).  But icky/downright objectionable undertones along with Kylo Ren himself not being worthy of redemption/relationship are the two main planks, I'd say.

---

Mind you, the above is hotly contested by folks who DO like the idea of Reylo.  But since there are very few of them on this board, if any, you won't hear their viewpoint as much.

But, oh yes, it's a major major war out there.  But it's usually confined to the 'sipping lanes', and as such it doesn't enter the more geekish areas of the net as often.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Why do people think we give a fuck how uninterested they are with the movie? Lol

c'mon it was one post on my personal feelings towards the project. it becomes annoying if people are incessant with it but i haven't been. i think everyone's at least a little entitled to speak their opinions on whatever the thread's about otherwise what's a forum for? if i had just posted "wow i'm hyped as hell" i'm sure nobody would have an issue.

• Like 1

This movie seems like it'll be pretty neat and I can't wait to see it.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

died with Disney

wonder if they can revive it

Nah, it died with Star Wars fans and trolls like yourself.

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

c'mon it was one post on my personal feelings towards the project. it becomes annoying if people are incessant with it but i haven't been. i think everyone's at least a little entitled to speak their opinions on whatever the thread's about otherwise what's a forum for? if i had just posted "wow i'm hyped as hell" i'm sure nobody would have an issue.

Nah wasn’t directed towards you.  I also definitely can tell you it works both ways. I’m just saying it happens more in this thread than any other. 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Because Kylo Ren is an emotional abusive piece of shit. And Rey deserves way better then his crummy neo nazi ass.

Daisy has literally said she does not support a relationship between the two and the nasty Reylo fans that bully everyone still harass her daily.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Thanks 1

if we get trailer before October. Possibly 9-9 9AM? Or Sept 22 when the dvds are reissued. If not then October it is.

I am just happy we re back to normal :

fan service for all the family.

Thank you JJ.

The Dark Ages lasted only one film.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

KELLY MIGHT HAVE SAID SOMETHING SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE!!!! :ohmyzod:

(could mean lots of things, really - but I know a certain segment or two of fandom is gonna take it a certain way)

===

Aside from that, really nice set of mini-interviews there. 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1