CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Teaser Page 172

Just now, Inceptionzq said:

Just three long months away... probably gonna have to say it a lot

Think I'm going to be forced to mix it up.

Maybe next time I'll recommend that the person freaking out about (alleged) leaks eats a snickers bar:

(one of many many many variations on a hilarious theme)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd rather filmmakers make the story choices that serve the narrative they're trying to tell instead of making them sound good to someone reading alleged leaks on the internet with little grasp on the context and execution.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

I'd rather filmmakers make the story choices that serve the narrative they're trying to tell, rather than follow ideas that'll sound good to someone reading bits of text on the internet with little grasp on the context and execution.

Bingo!!!

30 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Bingo!!!

Not sure if the bingo is because you agree that freaking out over alleged leaks is a fruitless exercise, or...

Edited by cookie

Just now, cookie said:

Not sure if the bingo is because you agree that freaking out over alleged leaks is fruitless, or...

@jedijake took my advice and ate a Snickers bar. 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 2

On 9/19/2019 at 9:53 PM, Ryan Reynolds said:

On 9/20/2019 at 10:40 AM, Ryan Reynolds said:

Ahhhhh, 770-1.7. Now that’s the kind of quality content I go to Forbes for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, cookie said:

Not sure if the bingo is because you agree that freaking out over alleged leaks is a fruitless exercise, or...

Agreed that filmmakers should follow the narrative rather than just sound good on the internet.

That is what you said after all, isn't it?

On 9/19/2019 at 6:29 AM, Avatree said:

Not edgy at all, in the slightest.

Force Awakens is the worst movie, it's the only Star Wars film I haven't enjoyed.

TLJ undid so much of the damage dealt by Force awakens. And then this one will probably undo all of that.

What a waste of a trilogy.

TFA was a decent if unspectacular setup launching pad with potential greatness to come afterwards.

TLJ is a clunky and tonal mess.  Putting aside whatever controversial creative story decisions it has, that movie is pretty fucking terrible at the script level.  I tried watching it on Netflix when it first went on there and made it about 40 minutes in before getting bored and switching to something else.  I'll being going into part 3 having seen TLJ a grand total of 1.33(repeating of course) times.

TROS will probably end up being the best of the 3 but at this point thats not really saying much.   In the end we'll be left with a subpar trilogy that doesn't feel cohesive/organic/planned whatever you want to call it.  I'm sure I'll get a longwinded effort post by a religious star wars zealot telling me I'm wrong, but whatevs.  This is far from the next LOTR, Fury Road, or Bladerunner like we all hoped and even they know it deep down.  Fingers crossed for DUNE!

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

TFA was a decent if unspectacular setup launching pad with potential greatness to come afterwards.

TLJ is a clunky and tonal mess.  Putting aside whatever controversial creative story decisions it has, that movie is pretty fucking terrible at the script level.  I tried watching it on Netflix when it first went on there and made it about 40 minutes in before getting bored and switching to something else.  I'll being going into part 3 having seen TLJ a grand total of 1.33(repeating of course) times.

TROS will probably end up being the best of the 3 but at this point thats not really saying much.   In the end we'll be left with a subpar trilogy that doesn't feel cohesive/organic/planned whatever you want to call it.  I'm sure I'll get a longwinded effort post by a religious star wars zealot telling me I'm wrong, but whatevs.  This is far from the next LOTR, Fury Road, or Bladerunner like we all hoped and even they know it deep down.  Fingers crossed for DUNE!

waka flocka ok GIF

• Like 2

According to a poster on Twitter who recorded it off their TV (which is why I ain't linking to it), TROS TV spots have apparently started on the Disney Channel, at least in one Spanish speaking country.

Just shots from the teaser trailer at the moment, and it's part of the standard "you are watching the Disney Channel" campaign.  So I wouldn't expect TV ads to start appearing outside of Disney branded channels.  But that a TROS TV spot is airing at all on a Disney Channel says that the ramp up is coming, and coming soon. At least IMO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Ahhhhh, 770-1.7. Now that’s the kind of quality content I go to Forbes for.

LOL.  770m is the kind of predictions that the trolls here would make. Forbes, what happened to you? 

16 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Glad to see that Scott Mendelson never changes. 

Scott Mendelson and his movie "news" is rubbish.  I'll read more of his stuff about how the studio is "marching on" but I'm sick of it all.  If you're going to write an article like he should probably be honest about what his intentions are, then just say what you're going to write. If your purpose is to attack a critic, or get the review of your favourite movie wrong, then that's okay - just say so.  But if you're going to tell me that I shouldn't waste my time on movies I don't like, or that I should avoid a movie because its reviews are too negative, I'm going to say so.  And if you want to write about something with absolutely no merit and then complain that your opinions are being "misconstrued" and you're going to do no "journalism" to defend your beliefs, or that you will write a "negative review" which you are not going to back up, then you're going to do that.

That ad during the Rams-Browns game was epic. My hype is growing. I feel like I'm the only one who likes this trilogy so I'm hoping I like how it finishes. But it looks great, fun, and I'm excited.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

I’m surprised there’s already a spot out. Sad I didn’t see it though. Was it stuff from the teaser, d23, or both?

7 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I’m surprised there’s already a spot out. Sad I didn’t see it though. Was it stuff from the teaser, d23, or both?

It was the new D23 footage. 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

It was the new D23 footage. 

That footage was released a month ago. How is that new? 

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That footage was released a month ago. How is that new? 

"new".  You know what the hell I meant.   If you look at reactions on twitter, a ton of people had never seen it before. 

• Like 1