CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams back to rescue the franchise from Ruin | Teaser Page 172

On 8/1/2017 at 5:30 PM, Orestes said:

This is a good thing. Trevorrow is the wrong guy to write a movie with a female lead like Rey. Wrong guy to direct it, too, but I'll take what I can get.

12 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Glorious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

I don't want this delayed until December!

Not that I give a shit about it, just....

I don't want it to mess with Wonder Woman 2......

:qotd:

WW2 and IX will likely co exist better than IX with the rest of the Summer movies. I mean worse case scenario WW2 gets pushed back to February 2020 or stays. WB can always put it on that previously slated 11/1/19 date or 11/15/19 date for Margie Claus. Frozen 2 and WW2 would naturally co exist ala CF and F1.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

Just now, YourMother said:

WB can always put it on that previously slated 11/1/19 date or 11/15/19 date for Margie Claus.

Not if they get the distribution rights to the Bond films. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Not if they get the distribution rights to the Bond films. 

Depends on if Bond is New Line or not. If IX does move to December which I think is very likely even though IX isn't going into production for a while and even with the snag can still release in Summer 2019 and due to the strong summer films, WW2 and Margie Claus switch places and Bond moves to the 11/1/19 spot.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

They'll have a new director by the end of the week, it's not moving back to December lmao.

Not yet at least but true nonetheless.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just announce Kasdan will direct Episode 9, the same way he has been directing all the other Star Wars since The Force Awakens. We all know that is the truth anyway. Either that or a team-up between Ron Howard and Tony Gilroy. I accept nothing else.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Depends on if Bond is New Line or not. If IX does move to December which I think is very likely even though IX isn't going into production for a while and due to the strong summer films, WW2 and Margie Claus switch places and Bond moves to the 11/1/19 spot.

Bond's not going to be paired with New Line. I don't see the sense in that. And if the script for Episode 9 is finished or close to being finished, a director search isn't going to take long and cause a date change. They'll likely go with Johnson anyway since he's had a hand in developing its script and Lucasfilm seems pleased with how he did with The Last Jedi. Makes the date change talk pointless. 

Edited by MrGamer2558
  • Like 1

Alright, let's see a list of people that might end up directing Episode IX. I'm going by my guts other than what I'd really want to happen. But who I'm thinking it's most likely getting the job isn't someone that me or @Cochofles would like it to see it doing, but here it goes:

1. Patty Jenkins. Yes, Patty Jenkins. Why? Yes, she's nearing a deal for Wonder Woman 2, but we actually don't have a report of that deal being 100% cleared. I'd think that getting someone like Patty is exactly the move that Kethleen Kennedy would go for. 

2. The Russo Brothers. Not sure how that would even work. But I could see them as people they'd want to work with. Hell, I actually think they wanted the gig all along. Maybe with a delay for Episode IX they could make it.

3. Joss Whedon. This also falls right on Joss strengths, so I wouldn't discard him.

4. Christopher Nolan. Not even sure if he'd be interested or if Kathleen would compromise to let the man have a say on the project. But that's the list I'm thinking right now.

That or: Rian Johnson going back to Episode IX. JJ Abrams going back to Episode IX. Ron Howard going from Solo to Episode IX. Or last but not least, George Lucas going back for Episode IX. 

• Like 1

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Alright, let's see a list of people that might end up directing Episode IX. I'm going by my guts other than what I'd really want to happen. But who I'm thinking it's most likely getting the job isn't someone that me or @Cochofles would like it to see it doing, but here it goes:

1. Patty Jenkins. Yes, Patty Jenkins. Why? Yes, she's nearing a deal for Wonder Woman 2, but we actually don't have a report of that deal being 100% cleared. I'd think that getting someone like Patty is exactly the move that Kethleen Kennedy would go for. 

2. The Russo Brothers. Not sure how that would even work. But I could see them as people they'd want to work with. Hell, I actually think they wanted the gig all along. Maybe with a delay for Episode IX they could make it.

3. Joss Whedon. This also falls right on Joss strengths, so I wouldn't discard him.

4. Christopher Nolan. Not even sure if he'd be interested or if Kathleen would compromise to let the man have a say on the project. But that's the list I'm thinking right now.

That or: Rian Johnson going back to Episode IX. JJ Abrams going back to Episode IX. Ron Howard going from Solo to Episode IX. Or last but not least, George Lucas going back for Episode IX. 

Left off Spielberg? Guess you decided to sidle right up to the line without going full Neo.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I think JJ Abrams is the most likely director.  Wasn't there a rumor way back that he might direct Ep9 before trevorrow was announced

• Like 1

I mean no offense truly...

but that's the most boring list I've seen imaginable.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I vote for THE RUSSO BROTHERS taking over. 

24 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Or Christopher Nolan

:WHATanabe:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Bond's not going to be paired with New Line. I don't see the sense in that. And if the script for Episode 9 is finished or close to being finished, a director search isn't going to take long and cause a date change. They'll likely go with Johnson anyway since he's had a hand in developing its script and Lucasfilm seems pleased with how he did with The Last Jedi. Makes the date change talk pointless. 

IT, Rampage and Shazam are three upcoming tentpoles that have been with New Line, The Hobbit trilogy has been with New Line as well. And considering MGM and New Line's history it's probable. I do think Trevorrow leaving will have no impact on release date change but I just think one is likely.

• Like 1