CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

So let’s talk Palpatine. How does he return?

It would be hilarious if he came back Barbossa style to fight Kylo Ren. 

I don’t think he’ll actually be alive. A sith ghost is more likely imo.

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Reylo v Palpatine hype?        

I’m more interested than I was yesterday, but nervous about how they’ll wrap things up well in a single movie that also seems to be (re)introducing a lot of stuff.

Um Palpatine killed 3 jedi masters in 5 secs

He should on paper beat Kylo Ren and Rey handily/

Whats up with Kylo's lightsaber? Are they considered a blunt force weapon now? It should have cut that person in half like butter.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Those masters sucked lol... freaking got stabbed all slow and stupid.

11 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Good luck with your will save! And good luck with TRoS too, both BO and movie quality!    

When you have an opinion on trailer metrics (seems too early atm) can you tag me? Want to get some feedback from someone who I know doesn’t have it out for the movie.

God, I'm terrible at trailer metric analysis.  But it looks pretty good to me so far. 👍

If I see any good analysis, I'll quote it and tag you.  :)

• Like 1

At least teaser show something for the SW of this generation. We finally see Rey, Poe and Finn fighting side by side. 

In SW7 and SW8, they were separated all the time and Rey never talked to Poe only until the very end of SW8 through forced introductory conversation 

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I can only believe in a sith force ghost right now. Bringing him back in person would be ... i dont know if i would like that.

Sooner or later we will have a Star Wars movie happen in the force ghost universe 

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

At least teaser show something for the SW of this generation. We finally see Rey, Poe and Finn fighting side by side. 

In SW7 and SW8, they were separated all the time and Rey never talked to Poe only until the very end of SW8 through forced introductory conversation 

Star Wars Avengers shot incoming... 

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

He was literally a second away from getting schooled by Sam Jackson if not for that whiny little anakin bitch.

Just now, ChipMunky said:

He was literally a second away from getting schooled by Sam Jackson if not for that whiny little anakin bitch.

True but I think what we can tell is the old Jedi and Sith are way stronger then the new characters. 

11 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

People tend to forget that it was the villain who said this line, not the hero. That matters.

And it's not like the movie followed the advice exactly. I mean the climax had Luke owning the First Order and reaffirming his legend and then the Millenium Falcon swooping in triumphantly just like in ANH. It's not so much about letting the past die as about finding a place for it, building from it. Which makes the fanservice feel earned rather than pandering.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

True but I think what we can tell is the old Jedi and Sith are way stronger then the new characters. 

Rey punked Luke, the greatest jedi of all time.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I am very glad that with this new teaser release we are finally able to move on from TLJ

I mean JJ basically slaughtered TLJ continuity in the trailer so. If there's anyone that probably didn't like TLJ is the one trying to retcon a lot that happened in it.

"Let the past die", *Palpatine laugh*

Edited by Cappoedameron

Nearly two hours later and every last trend on the WW trends over on Twitter is still SW related. 👍

(yes, I know the WW trend list is hella black boxy and who knows how accurate it is - still a great sign)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

And it's not like the movie followed the advice exactly. I mean the climax had Luke owning the First Order and reaffirming his legend and then the Millenium Falcon swooping in triumphantly just like in ANH. It's not so much about letting the past die as about finding a place for it, building from it. Which makes the fanservice feel earned rather than pandering.

you forget that Luke pulled off an Iron man 3 and died of constipation from bad milk. 😂

There was no fanservice there 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Posted (edited)

@Deep Wang thx, since I read I read your interpretation od Skywalker I have now this in my ear/brain/mind 😉

Edited by terrestrial