CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

no obvious reason? people have such a big attachment to SW because it was part of their childhood. ofc they get upset when new films change things that they know and understand from their childhood.

6 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

But most fans regard it as some high art and disregard the new stuff because of how awesome the OT was, even though it has various stupid plot points.

Also, disliking a movie and calling it the worst thing ever for its decisions are two different things. I'm fine with people disliking a movie I liked, it's just annoying when the disliking turns into rampant hatred for no obvious reason.

Posted (edited)

A bit off topic, but The Mandalorian just finished live-streaming.  A sizzle reel was shown but NOT live-streamed.  But, naturally, it has already leaked.

A lot.

So as like in Rogue One:

15 hours ago, Porthos said:

Okay folks, I have access to a link to a decent quality version of the sizzle  reel.  Long time folks know the drill.

LIKE THIS POST AND I WILL PM YOU A LINK

THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THIS LINK WILL LAST LONG, SO KEEP THIS IN MIND.  But now that they're out in the wild, I expect mirrors to multiply rapidly.

Liking THIS post also counts as a request.  Like it and I'll PM you a link.  Can't guarantee THIS link will stay up for very much longer, but other mirrors will almost certainly follow soon. 

====

REMEMBER, WE CAN'T PUBLICLY POST THE LINK HERE. So don't ask. :)

EDITED::: A copy of the teaser trailer shown at the end (with apparently some UNFINISHED CGI/SFX) has also dropped and is making its way through the intrawebs.  Think Comic-Con style footage shown as a treat to folks attending

UPDATE:

source.gif

(all good things must come to an end ;))

((for now at least - it'll almost certainly pop up again out there in the intrawebs sooner or later))

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 9

And to get away even more about those boooooorrrriiiinnnggg (and illegal)  comparisons, here a bit of background to the streaming Porthos wrote about

https://deadline.com/2019/04/mandalorian-disney-plus-star-wars-starwars-pedro-pascal-jon-favreau-filoni-1202595567/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

Honestly, having a SW Franchise thread would be good.

We have a SW section that got turned into a Club where people can post their... thoughts about things they... passionately feel about SW.

Just sayin'.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Porthos said:

A bit off topic, but The Mandalorian just finished live-streaming.  A sizzle reel was shown but NOT live-streamed.  But, naturally, it has already leaked.

A lot.

So as like in Rogue One:

Liking THIS post also counts as a request.  Like it and I'll PM you a link.  Can't guarantee THIS link will stay up for very much longer, but other mirrors will almost certainly follow soon. 

====

Now that is the first time I've been excited for something Star Wars in a while. 

And that looks properly cinematic, super high production level. Doesn't look like TV. (maybe this is just my wrong perspective cause I dont watch any TV shows maybe I'm out of the loop)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Not to me.

I would not expect any big SW film to have as many views as a big CBM film.  The online presence of SW general audience are much different.

TLK, IT, Fast, Frozen, Beauty and the Beast or Pikachu manage to beat some CMB fiilms.

Honestly, I expect Rogue One-level numbers (domestically). If not lower.

That trailer did nothing for me and there is no hook outside of finale-factor, which we've seen before from this series. Hinting at the Emperor's return isn't in the same galaxy (no pun intended) as seeing the literal rise of Darth Vader in the Revenge of the Sith trailers and the over-saturation of Star Wars (combined with the mixed reactions to The Last Jedi and the massive under-performance of Solo) has taken its toll.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

A lot.

So as like in Rogue One:

====

EDITED::: A copy of the teaser trailer shown at the end (with apparently some UNFINISHED CGI/SFX) has also dropped and is making its way through the intrawebs.  Think Comic-Con style footage shown as a treat to folks attending

To anyone who has liked that post, re-check your PMs.  You'll find it worthwhile. :)

• Like 1

Is it "traitorous" to suggest this film will absolutely DESTROY End Game's domestic total? Let me know. I don't want to ruffle too many feathers.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

Is it "traitorous" to suggest this film will absolutely DESTROY End Game's domestic total? Let me know. I don't want to ruffle too many feathers.

Pretty Franchise War-y for this thread, I would think.

Thankfully, There Is Another (thread). 

Edited by Porthos

Posted (edited)

Okay, now there was a lot of buzz for the trailer due to celebration, but yeah to echo what I've seen the last few pages.  These views are pretty low IMO.  The idea that the main channel is still under 20 million over 48 hours later is kind of concerning. 

I mean, I didn't like The Last Jedi and expected this to fall even more, but figured buzz of 'Palpatine' voice might spur more to check it out.  Guess not.

... and for people asking about 'where is the news about 24 hour views' ... if Disney isn't releasing info about that, it's because they're not that impressive as they'll put out press releases about anything that seems good.

Edited by AdamKendall

4 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

Good Luck.

The Saga Comes To An End

would have a lot more impact if what came before it were any good. Yeah, TFA was like the biggest blockbuster ever, and yet who really cares 4 years later? Granted, I'm not a SW fan. I only ever liked Episode 4 and it's just been downhill from there. 

This isn't GOT or Harry Potter or Endgame. It isn't even HTTYD. 4 years is an incredibly short time to sell itself as an epic saga and has the tale really felt very epic? 

And yet in 4 years, I can't even remember any of the defining characteristics of the characters except that Kylo Ren is a whiny manbaby. 

When I look at Rey, I still see a blank slate. I'm not sure what she stands for. It could be the first movie. As for Poe, all I know is that he seems to like Rey and besides that loyalty has nothing else going for him. 

Was it only Anglo-speaking countries that SW post-TFA did well? That isn't changing with this and good riddance to the approach Disney has taken with this franchise. It may not be TF4, 5, 6 or whatever the hell was the last one in that franchise but special commendation to Disney for going from highest grossing movie to oversaturation in 4 years. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BK007 said:

The Saga Comes To An End

would have a lot more impact if what came before it were any good. Yeah, TFA was like the biggest blockbuster ever, and yet who really cares 4 years later? Granted, I'm not a SW fan. I only ever liked Episode 4 and it's just been downhill from there. 

This isn't GOT or Harry Potter or Endgame. It isn't even HTTYD. 4 years is an incredibly short time to sell itself as an epic saga and has the tale really felt very epic? 

And yet in 4 years, I can't even remember any of the defining characteristics of the characters except that Kylo Ren is a whiny manbaby. 

When I look at Rey, I still see a blank slate. I'm not sure what she stands for. It could be the first movie. As for Poe, all I know is that he seems to like Rey and besides that loyalty has nothing else going for him. 

Was it only Anglo-speaking countries that SW post-TFA did well? That isn't changing with this and good riddance to the approach Disney has taken with this franchise. It may not be TF4, 5, 6 or whatever the hell was the last one in that franchise but special commendation to Disney for going from highest grossing movie to oversaturation in 4 years. 

That's not fully correct it did well in Japan and Germany too and some small European markets, but you are right in general, it's way too dependent on a few markets and those aren't growing markets but rather old ones.

Edited by Taruseth

The Mandalorian looks amazing btw. It comes out just one month before IX so I wonder if a lot of fans will kind of be obsessing over that vs. hyping for IX. 

Posted (edited)

I hope this is as good as Thor: Dark World. I don't want internet's favorite reference to the Prequels to tell me how to feel.

Edited by ThePhasmid

1 hour ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Honestly, I expect Rogue One-level numbers (domestically). If not lower.

That trailer did nothing for me and there is no hook outside of finale-factor, which we've seen before from this series. Hinting at the Emperor's return isn't in the same galaxy (no pun intended) as seeing the literal rise of Darth Vader in the Revenge of the Sith trailers and the over-saturation of Star Wars (combined with the mixed reactions to The Last Jedi and the massive under-performance of Solo) has taken its toll.

I'd love to see your projected numbers on THAT. And what do you assume the OW and next 3 or 4 weekends will do based on your prediction?

And don't say that you don't know. You said it will do at or lower than RO numbers. So do you really think it's going to open with $155 million OW?

Posted (edited)

Are the trailer views good for this movie? IDK...I feel they're really low for the finale of the sequel saga. I mean I feel like this is the FINALE, it should really be getting a lot more views. 

Disney didn't hesitate to put up releases for The Lion King and Endgame for their first trailers, so why this one?

Edited by Cappoedameron

50 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Okay, now there was a lot of buzz for the trailer due to celebration, but yeah to echo what I've seen the last few pages.  These views are pretty low IMO.  The idea that the main channel is still under 20 million over 48 hours later is kind of concerning. 

I mean, I didn't like The Last Jedi and expected this to fall even more, but figured buzz of 'Palpatine' voice might spur more to check it out.  Guess not.

... and for people asking about 'where is the news about 24 hour views' ... if Disney isn't releasing info about that, it's because they're not that impressive as they'll put out press releases about anything that seems good.

I'm tracking the views, ROTS is making basically the same numbers TLJ did, there's nothing concerning about it.

It's about 4 million lower than TLJ on YouTube main channel at the same point, which isn't a big difference [ROTS also have around 10 million views in others channels, so maybe is slighty lower on main channel because of that]. On Twitter it's around 20 million ahead TLJ at the same point. On Facebook is around 10 million lower than TLJ at the same point. 

See? It's really balanced, little lower in some platforms, but bigger in others. 

And Disney didn't release official info about SW teasers, just full trailers. The only teaser we know the numbers are TLJ which made 91M, but we only know that because after the full trailer in october they said the video made 120M on first day, 29 million more than the teaser, so we just do the math. If they didn't drop ROTS numbers, it's normal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Are the trailer views good for this movie? IDK...I feel they're really low for the finale of the sequel saga. I mean I feel like this is the FINALE, it should really be getting a lot more views. 

Disney didn't hesitate to put up releases for The Lion King and Endgame for their first trailers, so why this one?

see my post right below your post