CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

*sees stray comment on Jordan Maison's Twitter feed and only half reads it and doesn't see EXACTLY what he was referencing*

Oh, that sort of nonsense again?  And here I was thinking was something serious or really worrying the way folks are going on about it.

THANK YOU, NEXT!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Menor said:

The rumor is absolutely fake. They aren't that stupid.

Luke tries to kill his sleeping teenage nephew before he did anything wrong. nah, they are not that stupid.:stretcher:

But fair enough, the rumor was likely anti-planted by Cats or Jumanji. :lol:

Just now, Valonqar said:

Luke tries to kill his sleeping teenage nephew before he did anything wrong. nah, they are not that stupid.:stretcher:

But fair enough, the rumor was likely anti-planted by Cats or Jumanji. :lol:

I hated that as well, but this would be 10x more stupid than that. Like I can sorta see where they were going with the Luke thing I guess, but the rumor would serve absolutely no useful purpose

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Luke tries to kill his sleeping teenage nephew

Never happened.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

Good thing that...

*sees look from DM*

Fuck, you're right, aren't you?

*rolls d20*

HAH!  Still made the Will Save. IN YOUR FACE, NEGATIVE CIRCUMSTANCE MODIFIER! 

Trying to predict audience reaction from "leaks" even if they have validity is pointless IMO. Reading a plot summary compared to watching it on film with the way it was intended had can be very different reactions. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Menor said:

I hated that as well, but this would be 10x more stupid than that. Like I can sorta see where they were going with the Luke thing I guess, but the rumor would serve absolutely no useful purpose

oh I agree with you. It's GOT level bad. serves no purpose whatsoever except to shock. 

@Darth Lehnsherr true but some turds cannot be polished in execution and this is one. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

oh I agree with you. It's GOT level bad. serves no purpose whatsoever except to shock. 

@Darth Lehnsherr true but some turds cannot be polished in execution and this is one. 

I mean i've read some leaks too and some of it is....odd to say the least but I'm open enough to wait until the actual film before judging anything cause it is about execution at the end of the day.

So now that this looks to be fake, can we all just move on and forget this ever happened?  Or are we going to keep spreading FUD* in this thread like there's no tomorrow?

* Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt for those who aren't familiar with the term.

Having read the rumor, if true it would be....very very very bad without a way to fix it. I just think it's absolutely bs.

• Like 1

It's fake. Not even worth bringing up. Jason Ward at MSW said it was just a rumor going around.

22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

So now that this looks to be fake, can we all just move on and forget this ever happened?  Or are we going to keep spreading FUD* in this thread like there's no tomorrow?

tenor.gif?itemid=5739159

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5739159

I believe in hope, not because I am optimistic, but just the opposite.

Or, to put it another way:

"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it, you'll never make it through the night."

- Leia Organa.

• Like 1

Just now, Porthos said:

"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe in it when you can see it, you'll never make it through the night."

- Leia Organa.

I thought hope was like carkeys. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I thought hope was like carkeys:ph34r:

Wrong franchise thread to bring that one up in. ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

- Leia Organa.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"Wars not make one great" really would seem to be the appropriate counter-reply here.

Spoiler

Of course said dude hid out in a swamp for 20 years, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Abrams too insecure about fan reaction for that to be true no doubt 

23 minutes ago, Porthos said:

"Wars not make one great" really would seem to be the appropriate counter-reply here.

Reveal hidden contents

I am usually an optimist, but the menagerie of yahoos who have populated this thread since December 2017 have decidedly made me a realist, especially when it comes to the future tenor of posts in this thread

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Pity it took the entire destruction of the Jedi Order in TCW to get him to realize that.

Actually ok I'm curious about this is anyone still a tad disappointed we are most likely not gonna get some form of a New Jedi Order in the sequel trilogy? Like I'm not complaining too much but I do feel a bit sad that the Jedi have been basically extinct since ROTS

EDIT: I don't mean a Jedi Order in the way they were portrayed in the prequels too

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr