Jump to content
CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So I'm not crazy! :lol:

 

@Knights of Ren I thought that MSW reported that TROS would get SDCC and the rest of SW D23. However, now it sounds like only publishing is going to SDCC. We'll see. 

LFL not having any TROS content at SDCC would be really really dumb.

 

I personally would be more than a little surprised if they didn't have a full Hall H presentation, ala 2015.

 

It's a full five weeks between SDCC and D23, so if Disney/LFL wants to go big at both shows there's more than enough time between them to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

LFL not having any TROS content at SDCC would be really really dumb.

 

I personally would be more than a little surprised if they didn't have a full Hall H presentation, ala 2015.

 

It's a full five weeks between SDCC and D23, so if Disney/LFL wants to go big at both shows there's more than enough time between them to do so.

Trick for Disney at SDCC is to show a lot of unimportant TROS stuff, while keeping a tight lid on the really important stuff, and do it in such a way that no one picks up that is what you are doing.

But if anybody  can pull that off, it's Disney Marketing. Yes, they make misthakes, they have their failures, but overall it's the best marketing deparment in the business. Infallible, no. Very Good, yes.

Edited by dudalb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

if brie is ahsoka i'm 100% sure that i don't wanna see it

Edited by AnDr3s
  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, fuck:

 

 

---

 

This is prob why:

 

 

End of an era. :(

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Porthos said:

Well, fuck:

 

 

---

 

This is prob why:

 

 

End of an era. :(

An incredibly stupid and short sighted first move to fire one's best.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brez fired? WTF? Wow. So EW goes monthly. that's expected. paper mags are dying due to online content, a natural progression. But why fire Brez? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They probably didn't fire him but rather told him they couldn't keep him on staff without cutting his pay and he decided to shop around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Horner said:

They probably didn't fire him but rather told him they couldn't keep him on staff without cutting his pay and he decided to shop around.

possible though he says in the next tweet "I'm not sure what's next" so it doesn't sound like he already has it in the bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Other people are leaving/have been let go from EW as well:

 

 

 

 

So it's pretty obvious that the new editor isn't just shifting to monthly, but taking a hatchet to its employees.  

 

Just sad, and as TalismanRing said, and shortsighted all the way around.

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not really as invested in this people, cuz I am not sure I actually ever read any of their pieces or editorial efforts. Are they subscription based online and print magazine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I am not really as invested in this people, cuz I am not sure I actually ever read any of their pieces or editorial efforts. Are they subscription based online and print magazine?

They have subscriptions for their print magazine.  How much of their online content is available to subscribers only, I don't know.  But I strongly suspect, whatever that percentage is, it's going way way up in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

if brie is ahsoka i'm 100% sure that i don't wanna see it

The Pride of Elk Grove sure manages to be divisive....

Edited by dudalb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Porthos said:

Other people are leaving/have been let go from EW as well:

 

 

 

 

So it's pretty obvious that the new editor isn't just shifting to monthly, but taking a hatchet to its employees.  

 

Just sad, and as TalismanRing said, and shortsighted all the way around.

Going from Weekly to Monthly and axing employees pretty much go together

I am not going to make ajudgement as to the move..it might be necessary to keep the Magazine from going under altogether but it still sad.

And seems to be if you have to ax people, one of your most experienced people..who probably has a lot of contacts and sources in the film business...should not be the first to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Valonqar said:

It's always sad when people get laid off. :(

100% v depressing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

 

Looks decent, much better tan the celebration footage. However probably won’t play it when it releases as I’ll be too busy watching Mandalorian and playing Pokémon. Death Stranding also comes out around the time this releases, so going against two big exclusives one from Sony and one from Nintendo might hit sales a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

 

jesus that looks bad. Quite impressive how little EA has done in the what, 6 years now that it's had the licence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Avatree said:

jesus that looks bad. Quite impressive how little EA has done in the what, 6 years now that it's had the licence?

It's been like 15 years since I've played a video game, so I have no idea what the modern video game landscape looks like, but does that really look bad?  I thought it looked pretty incredible.  What games should I look at footage of to put it into perspective?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.