CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

Posted (edited)

Star Wars is a sinking ship under Kathleen Kennedy and harassing people over spoilers isn't going to change that, especially when no one even cares what happens to the new characters.

Edited by Hunch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1

56 minutes ago, Hunch said:

Star Wars is a sinking ship under Kathleen Kennedy and harassing people over spoilers isn't going to change that, especially when no one even cares what happens to the new characters.

I'll put you down as a "maybe" for my club. 👍

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Avatree said:

Just looks like extremely simplistic and basic gameplay. QTEs really? Thought we moved past them some time ago. fucking Force Unleashed 2 looks better than this.

I don't know what QTEs means.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

$350M total is much more likely than $700M. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Hunch said:

Most of the people who are angry at Kathleen Kennedy online are alt-right trolls who also had meltdowns over Captain Marvel because they can't handle feminism in their blockbusters. How well did it go for that group last time? Ignore them, they are meaningless.

All those videos of kids being excited seeing Rey at Galaxy's Edge? Clearly they don't care about the new characters indeed.

Someone tell these little kids who are having fun with Rey that they aren't supposed to like her, because apparently no one cares about these characters....

You said no one cares so I guess these kids are lying?

Edited by Cheebs86
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

edit: double post

Edited by Cheebs86

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hunch said:

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

52 minutes ago, Hunch said:

"Lean No" it is, then! 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Cheebs86 said:

Most of the people who are angry at Kathleen Kennedy online are alt-right trolls who also had meltdowns over Captain Marvel because they can't handle feminism in their blockbusters. How well did it go for that group last time? Ignore them, they are meaningless.

All those videos of kids being excited seeing Rey at Galaxy's Edge? Clearly they don't care about the new characters indeed.

Someone tell these little kids who are having fun with Rey that they aren't supposed to like her, because apparently no one cares about these characters....

I think it’s time to stop dismissing the people who disliked TLJ as bigoted scumbags who make up a very insignificant minority. TLJ definitely hurt the franchise to a degree. 

40 minutes ago, Cheebs86 said:

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I think it’s time to stop dismissing the people who disliked TLJ as bigoted scumbags who make up a very insignificant minority. TLJ definitely hurt the franchise to a degree. 

Pssst.  @Cheebs86 didn't even mention TLJ or folks who "disliked it".

===

I think I can safely stay on my "Not talking about TLJ" self imposed ban to point out that when folks talk about ignoring the opinions of toxic trolls (which exist in EVERY LAST FANDOM) they are NOT talking about ignoring the opinions of folks who "merely disliked" something.

And conflating the two does a disservice to both the folks who "dislike" something and the folks who like something.

Now I can understand when someone "dislikes something" that they can feel sensitive when folks unload with both barrels onto toxic trolls.  They might wonder "Are they really talking about me and my opinions here?"  And I get it.  Especially when folks are a bit casual when they dismiss trolls.

But my reassurance to folks who "disliked things for good reasons" is this: If you're NOT a toxic troll and you're not engaging in bad faith arguments and you're not flinging poo across the internet, then don't worry!  Folks like Cheebs86 aren't talking about you!  

Simples!

====

That being said, differentiating between folks who 'didn't like something' and the more grumpy gumpkins that populate the intrawebs is of course a good thing to do.  But folks can and will be casual in their language and be sloppy on occasion.  So unless given something of a reason to do so, don't presume the worst when someone says something that might be a little iffy.

That's my motto at least. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Pssst.  @Cheebs86 didn't even mention TLJ or folks who "disliked it".

===

I think I can safely stay on my "Not talking about TLJ" self imposed ban to point out that when folks talk about ignoring the opinions of toxic trolls (which exist in EVERY LAST FANDOM) they are NOT talking about ignoring the opinions of folks who "merely disliked" something.

And conflating the two does a disservice to both the folks who "dislike" something and the folks who like something.

Now I can understand when someone "dislikes something" that they can feel sensitive when folks unload with both barrels onto toxic trolls.  They might wonder "Are they really talking about me and my opinions here?"  And I get it.  Especially when folks are a bit casual when they dismiss trolls.

But my reassurance to folks who "disliked things for good reasons" is this: If you're NOT a toxic troll and you're not engaging in bad faith arguments and you're not flinging poo across the internet, then don't worry!  Folks like Cheebs86 aren't talking about you!  

Simples!

====

That being said, differentiating between folks who 'didn't like something' and the more grumpy gumpkins that populate the intrawebs is of course a good thing to do.  But folks can and will be casual in their language and be sloppy on occasion.  So unless given something of a reason to do so, don't presume the worst when someone says something that might be a little iffy.

That's my motto at least. :)

The thing is, nearly everyone who happens to be angry at Kathleen Kennedy is angry primarily due to their disappointment with TLJ. That was the film that made it mainstream to hate Kathleen Kennedy. Sure, there were people before that who complained about Rey supposedly being a Mary Sue, but it wasn’t until TLJ when the Internet truly got out their pitchforks for people like Kennedy. 

• Not Cool 1

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The thing is, nearly everyone who happens to be angry at Kathleen Kennedy is angry primarily due to their disappointment with TLJ. That was the film that made it mainstream to hate Kathleen Kennedy. Sure, there were people before that who complained about Rey supposedly being a Mary Sue, but it wasn’t until TLJ when the Internet truly got out their pitchforks for people like Kennedy. 

Except Cheebs86 went out of his way to specifying 'angry at Kathleen Kennedy online'.

I tend to think if someone gets angry at a studio head online for one movie, they have greater issues than 'disliking a movie'.  

But then again, this is the exact same fan base that claimed George Lucas, and I directly quote here, "raped their childhood" over the Special Editions and Prequels.  So I tend to ignore most of these things as "same old, same old".

===

So, I'll amend: If someone dislikes TLJ and aren't acting like a big jerk about it online, then there's no reason to feel upset when folks tsk-tsk such behavior. Like literally zero reason. :)

If one is "Hey I dislike TLJ and I'm not a jerk about it!" then no worries!

Just as there's no worries about not acting like a jerk when prequel discussions come up.  ;)

Really that is all there is to it. 

• Like 8

I didn’t even realize there was a distinction between people who are angry at Kathleen Kennedy online and people who are angry at her in private. I assumed they both meant the same thing. 

4 hours ago, Hunch said:

This post is a farce. So because you and the manbabies don't care, no one cares? Right.

Star Wars will continue to succeed massively, much to the chagrin of certain unfortunate folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

*been a few weeks*

*decides to mix things up a bit*

BD-1.thumb.png.c00f45228b7adbafaa082e793

Ooh, I like that.  It looks like he's looking up at that I'm doing and everything. :lol:

Pity I couldn't fit him all in there without it losing too much, but I think this'll work for a while. 👍

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

This post is a farce. So because you and the manbabies don't care, no one cares? Right.

Star Wars will continue to succeed massively, much to the chagrin of certain unfortunate folks.

He tries to troll the Avatar thread too, looks like he gets around. :therethere:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Porthos, I tried to be very clear that I am talking about those who rant online about Kathy Kennedy (similar to those who rant online about about Brie Larson) rather than someone who just dislikes a random movie like a normal human being and doesn't have meltdowns online for nearly 2 years straight about it.

The funniest thing about those who scream for Kathy Kennedys head tend to advocate for Dave Filoni to have her job.

Someone who has never produced a single movie in their entire life vs someone who produced Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T., Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List, Gremlins, Goonies, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Land Before Time, Benjamin Button, Twister, The Force Awakens, The Sixth Sense, and on and on and on....

Hmmmm....

Edited by Cheebs86
  • Like 1

Remember when the Prequels hurt the franchise?  And the Special Editions?  And the Expanded Universe?  And that guy on the corner who mixed another franchise into his Star Wars cosplay?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

"Star Wars is dead" has been a constant refrain for the past 20+ years.

Edited by Cheebs86
  • Like 3