Jump to content
CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

Recommended Posts

Just now, Porthos said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9264828

 

Come on, only killing and chopping up real people so the studio doesn't have to pay the dead actor's contracts is the way to go.  It the best way to prove you're committed to one's craft.  This is all he's asking for ;)

  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

LOOK AT ALL THE LIMBS FLYING EVERYWHERE WHILE LUKE SWINGS ABOUT HIS LIGHTSABER IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EXTENDED BATTLE!

 

DISNEY ISN'T RESPECTING STAR WARS LIKE GEORGE DID!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Porthos said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9264828

 

Don't even bother responding, just be like

 

L5ljBHu.gif

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

 

Don't even bother responding, just be like

 

L5ljBHu.gif

I actually have that gif stored on my imgur account. :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VENOM said:

We were talking about characters that have bodies to chop not cgi 

I hate to be the one to tell you, but these are fake weapons.  They can't actually chop through real bodies.  As it turns out, all dismemberment in Star Wars has featured fake bodies.

Edited by ZackM
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Star Wars need to put the H in Hope back.

 

Edited by The Futurist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

so is Lucasfilm going to SDCC? if no confirmation by next week, i doubt it

I would be shocked if they did send some people there. They might not make a big push, but I can't see them as no shows.

And remember when the SDCC was about comic books?

 

Edited by dudalb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

 

Don't even bother responding, just be like

 

L5ljBHu.gif

 

9 hours ago, 75Live said:

 

Come on, only killing and chopping up real people so the studio doesn't have to pay the dead actor's contracts is the way to go.  It the best way to prove you're committed to one's craft.  This is all he's asking for ;)

Lol this is hilarious watching you Disney fanatics getting defensive over an IGN article, just because Disney doesn't allow dismemberment, too funny!  😂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nottingham, England is a place I've always wanted to visit, it must be said.

Ireland, would be first on the trip, however.

Rock climbing up the cliffs of Dover when I did get to Great Britain is out, though. 

Don't have the arm strength or the stamina to do it, I'm afraid. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Porthos said:

This is flat out misrepresenting what is going on in Jedi: Fallen Order.

 

First off, plenty of SW games dating back decades didn't allow "dismemberment" of people.

 

Secondly, while people like to site "Ohh the SW films had dismemberment and they were rated PG(-13), what's the problem?!!!!angry-face!" that fails to point out that the dismemberments were rather limited in scope. There weren't thousands of people getting their arms and heads chopped off in each film.  There would be however in a video game.

 

And like it or not, level of violence counts in ratings.  Just as dropping one or two f-bombs won't make something an R-rated film, but dropping thirty or forty will, it stands to reason that having the occasional dismemberment in a game at a cinematic high point won't raise a rating but mowing through literally thousands of mooks with limbs flying everywhere would.

 

I don't think it's ever been proven, but I suspect one reason why droids were used as the baddies (and clones the 'good guys' [for the most part]) in the prequels was so Jedi could go to town against them without rating boards getting up in a huff.  As it is, the decapitation scene in AotC would probably be enough right now to get it slapped with a PG-13 under the current climate.

 

So, no.  You won't be able to hack off limbs left and right in Fallen Order.  You will be able to impale folks, leave gruesome burn cuts with gaping cauterized gaps in the torso and in general fuck people up in one hit. 

 

"Glorified baseball bats" they ain't.

 

Are you equating the games to be rated for 13 year olds like the films? I'm not sure how American ESRB game ratings work but here the new EA games battlefront have been rated 16+, I would assume this will also be rated 16+. as was Force Unleashed which this game reminds me of. Thats similar to R rating in a film (here an R movie is 15+). 

Force Unleashed is certainly more violent than any of the films i mean.

 

Don't know why people would expect to be chopping limbs off in a star wars videogame tho.

Edited by Avatree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

 

Are you equating the games to be rated for 13 year olds like the films? I'm not sure how American ESRB game ratings work but here the new EA games battlefront have been rated 16+, I would assume this will also be rated 16+. as was Force Unleashed which this game reminds me of. Thats similar to R rating in a film (here an R movie is 15+). 

Force Unleashed is certainly more violent than any of the films i mean.

 

Don't know why people would expect to be chopping limbs off in a star wars videogame tho.

I have no idea what the rating for the game is going to be.  I also really don't care.  I was mostly criticizing the equivalency of "there's the occasional dismemberment in a SW film" with "why can't we have thousands of it in a game."

 

But that's not even a hill I care to die on one way or the other because, as you say yourself in the last line, it's a not exactly something that is that expected in a SW game.  

 

Why exactly some elements of gamerdom have latched on to this, I have no idea.

 

Well, that's not strictly true.  I know why a very VERY small faction of folks complaining about this are complaining about it.  But they can be safely ignored. 

 

As for the rest, I don't doubt that they're sincerely disappointed.  I also don't doubt that if the game is actually good and tells a compelling story with interesting gameplay, this complaint well be looked back on with, if anything, faint bemusement and "Oh, yes, remember when some folks got angry at that" type thing.

 

Won't be the first time a tempest was made in a tea pot in SW gamer circles, and it certainly won't be the last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have no idea what the rating for the game is going to be.  I also really don't care.  I was mostly criticizing the equivalency of "there's the occasional dismemberment in a SW film" with "why can't we have thousands of it in a game."

 

But that's not even a hill I care to die on one way or the other because, as you say yourself in the last line, it's a not exactly something that is that expected in a SW game.  

 

Why exactly some elements of gamerdom have latched on to this, I have no idea.

 

Well, that's not strictly true.  I know why a very VERY small faction of folks complaining about this are complaining about it.  But they can be safely ignored. 

 

As for the rest, I don't doubt that they're sincerely disappointed.  I also don't doubt that if the game is actually good and tells a compelling story with interesting gameplay, this complaint well be looked back on with, if anything, faint bemusement and "Oh, yes, remember when some folks got angry at that" type thing.

 

Won't be the first time a tempest was made in a tea pot in SW gamer circles, and it certainly won't be the last.

Of all the potential issues with a big-budget ""tripleA"" Star Wars game, it is such a strange thing for people to be concerned about. That being said it's probably better to blame the ""game journalists"" that have been circulating this story today/yesterday. They are trying to get page clicks by baiting fans. I doubt anyone complaining about this would even have noticed the lack of dismemberment if they hadn't been provoked by an IGN article (or whoever started this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, ZackM said:

I hate to be the one to tell you, but these are fake weapons.  They can't actually chop through real bodies.  As it turns out, all dismemberment in Star Wars has featured fake bodies.

He swings..

pvBD5C6.gif

and he misses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when porgs were cool? Yeah me neither..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VENOM said:

Remember when porgs were cool? Yeah me neither..

You're trying too hard. Nobody cares that you don't like Star Wars, man.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JB33 said:

You're trying too hard. Nobody cares that you don't like Star Wars, man.

Pfft I’m not even trying and apparently people do care 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Pfft I’m not even trying and apparently people do care 

But you’ve tried enough. 

 

Edit:Maybe I was to subtle. 

 

Moderation

 

You’ve tried enough. 

 

Regards

BOT Staff

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.