CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

22 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Warhammer 40K shits on Star Wars.

Oh man, that stung.

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2019 at 9:35 PM, Slave Animal Rights said:

100 - Attack of the Clones

100 - Revenge of the Sith

100 - The Phantom Menace

100 - Return of the Jedi

100 - Empire Strikes Back

100 - A New Hope

100 - The Last Jedi

99 - The Force Awakens

99 - Rogue One

99 - Solo

the whole point of The Force Awakens was to make it similar to A New Hope so audiences could give it a 99, and kids could experience the same movie the adults did in 77

i think another thing Star Wars movies do well is make the next movie more exciting then the previous one,

and usually one of the things is, if the next one is more exciting than the previous one,

it would tend to make certain demographics more upset

& because of all the CGI battles, they were able to make the prequels cheaper then, right?

Spoiler

would he be the father then?

Spoiler

what?

Spoiler

WOULD HE BE FARTHER IN?

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

Posted (edited)

Not sure if it was commented here, but that JJ Abrams and Henry Abrams comic with art by Sarah Pichelli sounds really fucking cool.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Haha 1

Mark Hamill settles the matter about Luke's appearance in TROS. since this is an actual interview, not a leak, I think it's OK to post? He doesn't say anything that we didn't expect his role to be:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Star Celebration 2020 Anaheim on sale now

4 day passes already sold out in around 2 hours. 👍

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

4 day passes already sold out in around 2 hours. 👍

Fuuuuck.  I had this date circled on my calendar for weeks but got busy at work and missed the 4 day pass.  4 single day tickets costs 100+ more than the 4 day pass.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ZackM said:

Fuuuuck.  I had this date circled on my calendar for weeks but got busy at work and missed the 4 day pass.  4 single day tickets costs 100+ more than the 4 day pass.

Been seeing posts on Twitter that the reseller market tends to be brisk and mostly sorta kinda fair.  Something to keep in mind.

Warning on the single day, BTW:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Star Celebration 2020 Anaheim on sale now

I have been to 2 od the Celebrations and part of me wanted to do this one.  But with no wing man, this time, I decided to not even try 

Edited by 75Live

Lucasfilms and Disney have got milking the fans for every loose dollar down to a fine art.

• Haha 1

Just now, dudalb said:

Lucasfilms and Disney have got milking the fans for every loose dollar down to a fine art.

What prompted that observation?

If it's a backhanded comment about cons, I don't think that really applies here.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Disney has certainly perfected that with the Marvel movies, thats true. Not sure if Lucasfilms had a hand in that, though.

41 minutes ago, Porthos said:

What prompted that observation?

If it's a backhanded comment about cons, I don't think that really applies here.

Yeah it's not like Disney started the Celebrations.

Don't get me wrong Disney will milk everything for what it's worth, no argument there.   but the Celebration was already a thing way before they owned Lucasfilm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keri Russell says Abrams’ new ‘Star Wars’ script made her cry (AP)

NEW YORK (AP) — Keri Russell says that when J.J. Abrams sent her his version of the script for “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” it overwhelmed her.

“When I read his script that he wrote I cried,” she told The Associated Press in a recent interview. “I mean who knows what it will turn out to be and I hope it remains true to what he originally wanted.”

And something for @tawasal :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r::

Russell plays a new character named Zorri Bliss. She can’t reveal much about the character except that she loves the costume. She calls the character and her look “bad ass.”

She recalled Abrams told her she would need to wear a helmet. “I was like, ‘That is my dream job. I can see everyone. No one can see me. Hello. Amazing!’”

• Like 3

YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png YiBe40t.png

(Actually kinda prefer that one, I think :ph34r:)

Also:

YiBe40t.png

(Reading TOO much into foreign title translations is 1) something that isn't a good idea and 2) a fun pastime regardless ;))

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

BTW, it's a minor thing and perhaps not easily translatable if it's inferred, but I'm seeing some folks translate the Japanese title (スカイウォーカーの夜明け) as "Dawn of Skywalker" and some translating it as "The Dawn of Skywalker" and I was wondering which one was 'more correct' than the other.

Not that it really matters to much in the end, I think.  But I admit to being slightly curious which one fits better as a translation.

Edited by Porthos

Toy Story 4 is an example of what happens when you have a beloved franchise, lofty expections, but not much of a hook. Let's hope they create a hook for TROS because, as of now, just being the "last SW film" isn't the hook it needs.

Posted (edited)

Reading too much into foreign titles = no news. I thought that Empire and EW covers usually drop this month. Guess I was wrong. 

I think that the problem with the hook is mystery box. They don't have the hook to carry over from TLJ (unlike Endgame after IW) so they can't afford to show bare bones, just cool images w/o context, yet that shit is JJ style. Hopefully the trailer puts some context to Palpy's return and how that impacts Rey and Kylo who I assume would be his primary targets for either joining his side or destruction. other than that, Rebellion 2.0 vs Empire 2.0 zzzzzz wake me up. and is the obligatory space battle (you know that shit is inevitable in SW) going to be as boring as dog fight in TFA

Edited by Valonqar

Not necessarily hooks but reasons people will show up:

-Last film of 40 year Saga

-Last time seeing Mark Hammil and Carrie Fisher as Luke and Leia

- Why the **** is the Emperor back

- John Williams last EPIC score for the saga!!

- Knights of Ren have arrived 

-JJ Abrams is back and TFA was widely popular no matter your personal opinion. 

-Teaser was a big hit 

- Billy D back in action

-Possibly last time we see Chewie, the Falcon, R2, and C-3p0

-Rey and Kylo have become very popular characters no matter personal opinion. 

Like I said these are not “hooks” but these will put people in seats come December.