CJohn

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | With Analog Fur Technology | 20 DEC 2019 | JJ Abrams to direct | Teaser Page 172

well, D23 has been far more relevant to them than SDCC where they had to share the spotlight. It sucks that it's later than SDCC but at least we'll get all Disney news (Marvel, etc) within 2-3 days. 

The official name , release date , logo of Star Wars TROS for Japan has been announced ... 

Movie will be locally called #スカイウォーカーの夜明け   The Dawn Of Sky Walker ... & movie will released simultaneously with USA on Fri the 20th of december ...

D9xrW_yWwAAQrJ8.jpg

11 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

no trailer, no poster, Lucasfilm is scared. Not that i think SDCC exposure will add anything to boxoffice. But they have not done anything to get back the naysayers of the ST.

How is not bothering to show something "being scared"? :rolleyes:

Someone who is scared markets the heck out of his product, he doesn't let an opportunity slip away.

Not that your comment makes sense anyway, as they haven't shown a trailer at SDCC for any of the new movies. All there ever was in terms of an actual look at the movie, was a bts-reel, and that will come at D23, just like in the past.. Not that it really matters, because one video months away from release has virtually no impact at all, and neither does the timing of any posters. All in all, it sounds more like you wanted to trash them for the sake of trashing them.

• Like 1

Star Wars detractors are trigger-happy these days with any little thing they can nitpick or spin. I don't really take anything they say seriously.

A BTS video isn't a big deal no matter how you look at when it is released.  They rarely create any new buzz for the film.  

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

A BTS video isn't a big deal no matter how you look at when it is released.  They rarely create any new buzz for the film.  

because they are for die-hard fans only. they are not for GA so GA never see them anyway. still, they are useful to fans who want to know more, try to get some sense of the story from scenes, fight choreography (TLJ BTS with Driver vs multiple stuntmen in one scene, and Ridley vs multiple stuntmen in another, was a huge giveaway about Tag Team vs Praetorian Guards. So any bit of info is welcome, and I do expect teaser poster if not full theatrical.

Edited by Valonqar

Hey I really liked that TLJ BTS video.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

How is not bothering to show something "being scared"? :rolleyes:

Someone who is scared markets the heck out of his product, he doesn't let an opportunity slip away.

Not that your comment makes sense anyway, as they haven't shown a trailer at SDCC for any of the new movies. All there ever was in terms of an actual look at the movie, was a bts-reel, and that will come at D23, just like in the past.. Not that it really matters, because one video months away from release has virtually no impact at all, and neither does the timing of any posters. All in all, it sounds more like you wanted to trash them for the sake of trashing them.

After Solo ,  I thought Lucasfilm would try to win back fans

• ...wtf 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Hey I really liked that TLJ BTS video.

me too. it was great. 

Music, editing, great:

no matter what one thinks of the movie, this BTS was hype.

@Ryan Reynolds while I agree they should be more aggressive and concrete with their TROS promotion, first 2 steps (teaser and vanity fair) were very solid. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

As good as the recent crop of SW trailers have been (besides Solo, I guess), the BTS videos fro TFA, RO, and TLJ have been absolute 🔥

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

From the Buzz for TROS; they seem to be doing that.

What you don't get is that you always leave them wanting to see more. That is marketing 1A.

I HATE the manic depressive attitude so many people here have. It's like a company can do no wrong, they make a mistake and they can now do nothing right. No in between.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Knights of Ren said:

Yeah, they are pretty much what is  called throwaway marketing. It's something that costs so little to do (and BTS videos are dirt cheap to make) that even if it does not work there is no great loss, so you take the chance and do it.

Now the actual trailers are a big deal;you put a lot of effort and spend a little money to do those. A online BTS video, not so much.

And different audiences, The trailers are aimed mainly at the General Audience, the BTS videos at the fans.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

The mindset that fans are angry and need won back is absurd. They are following the same marketing strategy almost identically to TLJ so far, because there is no need to deviate from that.

Edited by Cheebs86
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I HATE the manic depressive attitude so many people here have. It's like a company can do no wrong, they make a mistake and they can now do nothing right. No in between.

Just "@" me next time, dudalb. 👍

Spoiler

You see, the humor is by being self-referential, mocking my own standing as a SW supporter as well as my well known stance of worshiping at the altar of nuance.

Spoiler

And as we ALL know, explaining jokes makes them MUCH funnier

Spoiler

As I will now explain-

*gets tackled to the ground and has keyboard ripped from my fingers*

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

They already have @Porthos who else do they need? ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

so Daisy was on GMA today and while she didn't reveal anything groundbreaking, we have nothing to debate so:

says some scenes are really moving

she was so hysterically crying during her wrap up speech she cannot remember what she said

since her wrap was the last day of TROS filming, she either filmed something alone or didn't reveal if anyone else was with her. She revealed that John wrapped before her (in Vanity Fair they revealed that Oscar wrapped even earlier).  

she says that her new movie Ophelia was scary cause she felt like the lead of the movie for the first time 

she was vague about her future with SW as in neither confirming nor denying which is standard for big franchises 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just watched the interview.

She said that this film is the one she is most looking forward to watch play out.  Sounds like it is very emotional and high stakes.  I think she is on another talk show tonight, so maybe we hear more info there. 

• Like 2

Half panel instead of 15 minutes?  Full panel?  Third Live action streaming show announced?

(It's not Kenobi related in case people are trying to leap to that conclusion)

If he's referring to a BtS vid, that'd already been all but confirmed.

Not like Jordan to be this cryptic.  So wait and see, I suppose.

• Like 2

Possibly another teaser at D23?!?

Also Daisy will be on Jimmy Fallon tonight at 11:30.  Probably just get the same generic questions, but ya never know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1